R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #5146
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks JuhoL,

At the meeting on the weekend there were 2 TC5's, mine 3rd place and the eventual winners. He had both diffs Mid Low 1-8 where as mine were mid High 9-16. He was able to get around the corners faster, once I changed the front diff to the mid low setting, that intsantly allowed be to corner faster.

I just wanted to know what the effect was so I could better understand why the change made such a difference.

Having the diffs low, would that also result in faster direction change ability?

Cheers
Aaron
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #5147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ok so I got my tc5 the other day and was reading through the manual and in the back it doesnt tell me how to adjust anything, like droop and all that good stuff. Would someone please pm me with the info on how to change all that?

Also I was gonna sand my chassis but the finish is so nice from the factory I dont wanna mess it up, is it bad if I dont sand it? It said to sand the battery slots as well but i dont want to mess thoise up and make it look bad. thanks for all the help
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #5148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Money View Post
Ok so I got my tc5 the other day and was reading through the manual and in the back it doesnt tell me how to adjust anything, like droop and all that good stuff. Would someone please pm me with the info on how to change all that?

Also I was gonna sand my chassis but the finish is so nice from the factory I dont wanna mess it up, is it bad if I dont sand it? It said to sand the battery slots as well but i dont want to mess thoise up and make it look bad. thanks for all the help
Well being able to explain how to make all of the adjustments will be lengthy. All of that information is in this thread. I wish AE had included a tuning guide though!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #5149
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default corner speed...need help.

I have a driving question....

With our current track config we have a 90 degree turn going into the long straight. When I enter/exit that turn hard I notice that the front inner tire lifts off of the ground. I assume this is scrubbing speed. Also, I am sure this probably happens elsewhere on the track but I have the best view of it on this part of the track. How do I correct this? What part of my setup should I look at? I am running sway bars on front and rear of the car (1.5mm/1.25mm). Droop?
Old 01-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #5150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

gordie are you running a brushless motor ?

just asking cause if you dont have some weight to balance the car out on the battery side your car will hike a tire is some areas of the track.

pm me
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #5151
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
I have a driving question....

With our current track config we have a 90 degree turn going into the long straight. When I enter/exit that turn hard I notice that the front inner tire lifts off of the ground. I assume this is scrubbing speed. Also, I am sure this probably happens elsewhere on the track but I have the best view of it on this part of the track. How do I correct this? What part of my setup should I look at? I am running sway bars on front and rear of the car (1.5mm/1.25mm). Droop?
If you post your setup we can tear it to pieces. j/k. Like Wallstreet has said left to right car balance helps. Plus it sounds like it might be rolling over to much. Is the chassis or body dragging on the carpet at all?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #5152
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
gordie are you running a brushless motor ?

just asking cause if you dont have some weight to balance the car out on the battery side your car will hike a tire is some areas of the track.

pm me
yes. ygpm.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #5153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

C_Money, you'll have to sand the battery slots if you aren't using a molded battery tray. Sanding the edges to a 45 will keep the cells shrink from getting cut thru by the carbon sheet material the chassis is made from, it is VERY sharp and will far outlast your cell shrink! This leads to melted batteries and at the best a dead battery, at worst a melted car.

I would hit the A/E site for set up help. It seems like set ups change so rapidly(Like tuning parts) that it is better for the average racer to do them thru a website based info center. There is a lot more info there, as well as in this thread.

...Jim
W.E.D.
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #5154
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Money View Post

My turn. You are high maintenance!

Not to discourage questions but, you got upset when someone doesn't answer your question right away, ask like 30 detailed questions before you even buy the car, now expect long PM's about setup before you even attempt anything?? I'm speaking up cuz I answered several of those questions, replied back several PM's about how to sand the chassis, grit polish, and seal....ect...now you disreguard cuz of factory finish??

How about attempting things on your own then asking after putting in a little effort? Plenty of people at the track to help with general setup proceedure questions also.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #5155
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
My turn. You are high maintenance!

Not to discourage questions but, you got upset when someone doesn't answer your question right away, ask like 30 detailed questions before you even buy the car, now expect long PM's about setup before you even attempt anything?? I'm speaking up cuz I answered several of those questions, replied back several PM's about how to sand the chassis, grit polish, and seal....ect...now you disreguard cuz of factory finish??

How about attempting things on your own then asking after putting in a little effort? Plenty of people at the track to help with general setup proceedure questions also.
Kevin, its called initiative. some people have it. some dont. you have it (ive read your posts and applied it when i got my TC5)

- Chris
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #5156
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
If you post your setup we can tear it to pieces. j/k. Like Wallstreet has said left to right car balance helps. Plus it sounds like it might be rolling over to much. Is the chassis or body dragging on the carpet at all?
Don't think I'm dragging anything. Wallstreet had me adjust my droop. I'll see how it goes...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #5157
Tech Adept

sorry if this has been asked/answered......need gear ratio for carpet (75') onroad track with novak 10.5.

Thanks
cookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #5158
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Hi guys

Just to say thank you to anyone who's contributed any way to this thread. Havn't really posted anything but learned loads through other peoples questions and answers.

Threw the Novak 08 setup onto my TC5 last night, tweaked fractionally throughout the night, and managed to win the A main at our local club - usually I'm mid-A material.

Was the nicest Touring Car I've ever driven (and I think I've driven most of them). Cheers to AE and anyone who's posted on this thread

Oli
Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #5159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
Hi guys

Just to say thank you to anyone who's contributed any way to this thread. Haven't really posted anything but learned loads through other peoples questions and answers.

Threw the Novak 08 setup onto my TC5 last night, tweaked fractionally throughout the night, and managed to win the A main at our local club - usually I'm mid-A material.

Was the nicest Touring Car I've ever driven (and I think I've driven most of them). Cheers to AE and anyone who's posted on this thread

Oli
Glad you liked that setup , the factory drivers and engineer worked very hard together to nail down that setup. My hat is off to those guys. Should be a great starting point at all tracks.

Oli what size tires did you run ? And did you run the new hard components
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #5160
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Ended up on Jaco Prisms Pink Rears and DP/Orange fronts with full additive f+r. Ideal setup (I think) would have been DPs all round but my sets of those were shot! Tires were as they came out of the packet.