R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 04:02 AM   #5086
Tech Addict
 
Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Sorry guys.. i know i kind of asked already but which chassis is suited to rubber on ashphalt best, The ITF or the standard. Also how have people gone mounting lipo packs.. i noticed that the screw holes for the battery retainers are inside the battery "zone" or area that the battery sits in which looks like it would be hard to modify the retainers to allow a lipo to sit flush with the chassis.

Thanks,

Ben.
the itf chassis is better.
__________________
___ _________________________
___ |__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
____ |__T Associated fan bus _|_| __\_
____ |_________________ |_| ____|
____ |_(@"@)____________|_|(@)__|

HOP ON BOARD!!
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #5087
Tech Adept
 
Phroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

thats unfortunate.. a TC5 kit + ITF chassis/top deck + Spool kit would cost more than most of the Euro chassis that are ashpalt ready out of the box
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #5088
Tech Addict
 
Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
thats unfortunate.. a TC5 kit + ITF chassis/top deck + Spool kit would cost more than most of the Euro chassis that are ashpalt ready out of the box
yeah but tc5 parts are about half the cost of any other car company
__________________
___ _________________________
___ |__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
____ |__T Associated fan bus _|_| __\_
____ |_________________ |_| ____|
____ |_(@"@)____________|_|(@)__|

HOP ON BOARD!!
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:09 AM   #5089
Tech Adept
 
Phroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
yeah but tc5 parts are about half the cost of any other car company
not realy. Done some side by side comparisons on TC5 suspension, drive train and chassis parts with the T2'008. Average price is about the same or 1 or 2 $ more. Don't get me wrong.. i'm an AE fan as i own a T4 but looks like i'll be joining the Xray tribe this time.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #5090
Tech Addict
 
Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
not realy. Done some side by side comparisons on TC5 suspension, drive train and chassis parts with the T2'008. Average price is about the same or 1 or 2 $ more. Don't get me wrong.. i'm an AE fan as i own a T4 but looks like i'll be joining the Xray tribe this time.
but like mentioned earlier in the thread the tc5 can still b competitive with the stock chassis, many ppl hav had success with it
any way the blue anodising lookse better than the silver
__________________
___ _________________________
___ |__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
____ |__T Associated fan bus _|_| __\_
____ |_________________ |_| ____|
____ |_(@"@)____________|_|(@)__|

HOP ON BOARD!!
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #5091
Tech Adept
 
Phroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
but like mentioned earlier in the thread the tc5 can still b competitive with the stock chassis, many ppl hav had success with it
any way the blue anodising lookse better than the silver
Yeah.... the blue looks nicer.. i'll give u that one
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #5092
Tech Elite
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The ITF chassis will help for rubber tire racing in some conditions...

but I have ran the car without it so far, and even on a parking lot track it has been DIALED!!!
__________________
Sean Maybell - Team Associated Region 11 Administrator

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #5093
Tech Apprentice
 
JuhoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 62
Default

The new plastics(arms, hubs, casterblocks) will not be an update on the kits but a tuning option. They are quite a bit stiffer which doesnt mean they will be stronger, quite the opposite. If you are allready braking the standard parts a lot I wouldnt recommend the stiffer stuff
__________________
Associated/Reedy/LRP/Muchmore/Sanwa/Protoform/Jaco/Xenon/Parma
JuhoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #5094
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

Maybell i see some nice new company names in the signature.... congrats if you are on the team.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #5095
Tech Elite
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wallstreet,

Thanks man!!! Yes, I am extremely excited to race all these great products and be a part of such a powerhouse team! What a honor! I cant wait to get to the track tonight!
__________________
Sean Maybell - Team Associated Region 11 Administrator

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #5096
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,365
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
not realy. Done some side by side comparisons on TC5 suspension, drive train and chassis parts with the T2'008. Average price is about the same or 1 or 2 $ more. Don't get me wrong.. i'm an AE fan as i own a T4 but looks like i'll be joining the Xray tribe this time.
2 parts Associated 1 part Xray and there is a $1 or $2 difference? Every Xray package I have seen tends to only have 1 piece in it when it comes to suspension pieces. I think we discussed this a couple of pages ago.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #5097
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,915
Default TC5 Hard Parts

Here is some info before it is even officially released. I hope it doesn't change...

31203 TC5 "Hard" Front Arms - Expected shortly
31204 TC5 "Hard" Rear Arms - Expected shortly
31555 TC5 "Hard" 0 degree caster blocks - Available
31556 TC5 "Hard" 2 degree caster blocks - Available
31557 TC5 "Hard" 4 degree caster blocks - Available
31558 TC5 "Hard" 6 degree caster blocks - Available
31561 TC5 "Hard" Steering Blocks - Available
31562 TC5 "Hard" 0 Degree Rear Hubs - Available
31563 TC5 "Hard" .5 Degree Rear Hubs - Expected shortly
31564 TC5 "Hard" 1 Degree Rear Hubs - Expected shortly

All these items come in pairs.

The parts are in stock at AE but they have not had time to go through the distributor chain yet. Hobby shops probably won't see them for a couple of weeks.

Now that you have the part numbers you can get the hobby shops to place your orders.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #5098
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

rick you are the man !

thanks for the info
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #5099
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Rich / Juho

Thanks for the wonderful setup from Cleveland... works fantastic and easy to make minor adjustments to it for changing track conditions.

thank you!
Chris
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #5100
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Here is some info before it is even officially released. I hope it doesn't change...

31203 TC5 "Hard" Front Arms - Expected shortly
31204 TC5 "Hard" Rear Arms - Expected shortly
31555 TC5 "Hard" 0 degree caster blocks - Available
31556 TC5 "Hard" 2 degree caster blocks - Available
31557 TC5 "Hard" 4 degree caster blocks - Available
31558 TC5 "Hard" 6 degree caster blocks - Available
31561 TC5 "Hard" Steering Blocks - Available
31562 TC5 "Hard" 0 Degree Rear Hubs - Available
31563 TC5 "Hard" .5 Degree Rear Hubs - Expected shortly
31564 TC5 "Hard" 1 Degree Rear Hubs - Expected shortly

All these items come in pairs.

The parts are in stock at AE but they have not had time to go through the distributor chain yet. Hobby shops probably won't see them for a couple of weeks.

Now that you have the part numbers you can get the hobby shops to place your orders.

is this what some of the guys and the novak race were they running the new arms and other parts?
SHAUN GRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net