R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #5056
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loopedout

No one at our track has had any servo issues. What servo are you using?
loopedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #5057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity View Post

Yes; we are starting out with the 6 degree blocks. We will offer 4 degree blocks as well as 1 degree rear hub carriers shortly.

Damon
How much are the 4 degree c-hubs and the price on the 1 degree rear hubs?
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #5058
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
Hi guys,
Been using my TC5 for a while now and found that I'm going threw gears in my servo like nobodies business. Gone through 3 sets now since the indoor season started! I'm not hitting things hard; it's just when you take a corner ever to tight and clip the hose it just kills the servo. My servo is nothing special but my TC3 never broke a servo and had many bad smashes over the 4 years Iíve used it.

After investigating I can't actually get the servo saver to kick in so I'm wandering how I slacken it off. Do you just slacken it off from the servo saver knuckle?

Cheers
Keiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedout View Post
No one at our track has had any servo issues. What servo are you using?
I would guess that it is a plastic gear servo, and if so it won't help to back the servo saver off as it will still most likely strip the servo (plastic geared servo's break by just looking at them )

Also I was at the local track, and ended up breaking the servo saver tube, which in-turn caused me to sit out of the main . If it wasn't so thin on the threads, then that might not have happened.

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #5059
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loopedout

the sevo saver in the tc5 is alot better than the one in a tc3, so it didnt make any sense to me. Ive got a 94358 in 5 that was in my tc3 for a couple of years and ive smacked the wall plenty hard, broke arms and shock towers etc and never had a servo problem
loopedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #5060
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8 View Post
How much are the 4 degree c-hubs and the price on the 1 degree rear hubs?
Hey BIG DADDY: They will be the same price as the 6 degree blocks are and they are posted on our website at www.diggitydesigns.com.

thanks, Damon
Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #5061
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

If anyone is in need of a diff rebuild, we have made a diff rebuild kit with our Thrust Bearing and Ceramic Balls at a low cost..

Just wanted to let you all know so you can save some money

http://www.axiommotors.com/hop-ups-c-100.html
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:01 AM   #5062
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey all,

I'm looking at a TC5 for rubber ashphalt racing. Just wondering what the difference is between the ITF chassis and the standard. Also what option parts would be a good idea to order with the chassis for this kind of racing?

Thanks,

Ben.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #5063
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Congrats to brian jucha for his 3rd place overall finish in the 13.5 foam class at the novak race.

Also congrats to keven hebert for his awesome runs in both the 10.5 and mod triple a mains.

This car is the real deal.

brian jucha had the tc5 dialed in this weekend and the car was amazing.

Also congrats to the one and only Uncle Kenny Pepe TQ and Win for the masters division, alot of guys copied and ran his rubber tire setup and had amazing results as well. Uncle Kenny at age 60 was rocking the TC5 in the master and was the BQ for 13.5 rubber qualifying 11th out of a total of 60 plus guys in the class.

Scotty Ernst and a couple of others made the 10.5 rubber triple a mains, and there were a few TC5 cars in the 13.5 main as well. Mr. Stellflue won the b main for 13.5 foam as well.

Awesome weekend for the car. I will check out the list and get the total count of tc5 cars in the mains.

Last edited by wallstreet; 01-06-2008 at 08:53 PM.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #5064
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
hey all,

I'm looking at a TC5 for rubber ashphalt racing. Just wondering what the difference is between the ITF chassis and the standard. Also what option parts would be a good idea to order with the chassis for this kind of racing?

Thanks,

Ben.
The ITF chassis is not as thick which allows the car to flex a little bit more in the chassis. I don't know the specific details about it's characteristics other than that. I am running it with rubber tires on carpet.

Depending on the size of the track you will want a one-way (smaller tracks) or a spool (larger tracks) and some softer springs. Then you should be all set.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #5065
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where Do i get these awsome rubber carpet setups?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #5066
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8

I got my TC5 put together and took my time doing it. This is a georgous car. The only issue was putting the diffs together. Getting the bolt to catch the nut in the T-cup. Got everything done and used Bob Stellflue set-up from the reedy outdoor asphalt race. The only change was gold spring in front and red in the rear. I used the stock chassis and the stock upper deck without the o-rings and believe it or not the car was on rails. I used the DNA2 body and i dialed out alot of steering. I was so nervous cause none of my parts came in and the local hobby shop's didn't come in yet either. This by far the best handling car i've ever owned and i've had shummacher, x-ray, and HPI. In my opinion blows them out of the water.

I ran a few laps and checked the diffs and they worked great and the belts were set perfect too. Front set all the way loose and the rear set to Bobs setting. I ran the 19t class with some really good drivers and WON the qualifers and the Main. Looked over car at the end of the day and not one problem. This car is perfect for my driving. Every where i pointed it it went and its was very fast. AE YOU GUYS DESIGNED ONE DAMN GOOD CAR!!!!
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #5067
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

Little update on my tc5. I have been running for 4 months on carpet with foam tires and gotten it pretty good. I really like how durable the car is and how easy it is to work on.

A few things I learned, not all rear hubs are 0 when they say zero, I have had two that where about .5 deg

Also the car needs a little weight on the battery side to be really balanced

I had to stretch the front belt by hand to get the car really free.

I am now switching over to rubber tires.

Couple of questions,

What is the best front bumper and when are the harder arms coming available?
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #5068
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
Little update on my tc5. I have been running for 4 months on carpet with foam tires and gotten it pretty good. I really like how durable the car is and how easy it is to work on.

A few things I learned, not all rear hubs are 0 when they say zero, I have had two that where about .5 deg

Also the car needs a little weight on the battery side to be really balanced

I had to stretch the front belt by hand to get the car really free.

I am now switching over to rubber tires.

Couple of questions,

What is the best front bumper and when are the harder arms coming available?
P dub has the best bumpers but I still have the stock one on my ride.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #5069
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
Congrats to brian jucha for his 3rd place overall finish in the 13.5 foam class at the novak race.

Also congrats to keven hebert for his awesome runs in both the 10.5 and mod triple a mains.

This car is the real deal.

brian jucha had the tc5 dialed in this weekend and the car was amazing.

Also congrats to the one and only Uncle Kenny Pepe TQ and Win for the masters division, alot of guys copied and ran his rubber tire setup and had amazing results as well. Uncle Kenny at age 60 was rocking the TC5 in the master and was the BQ for 13.5 rubber qualifying 11th out of a total of 60 plus guys in the class.

Scotty Ernst and a couple of others made the 10.5 rubber triple a mains, and there were a few TC5 cars in the 13.5 main as well. Mr. Stellflue won the b main for 13.5 foam as well.

Awesome weekend for the car. I will check out the list and get the total count of tc5 cars in the mains.
Was following the race on Live RC - congrats to the TC5 runners. Any chance of getting some setups (particularly interested in Kevens foam setup)

Cheers
Old 01-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #5070
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just want to thank all the Associated guys (Bob, Keven, Jucha), for all the help this weekend. By the mains , my car was totally dialed, but not my driving

Jucha's setup for foam is excellent. I think both Bob S. and Keven were gravitating towards it, but I don't want to speak for them. The car was awesome through the sweeper, and carried a ton of cornerspeed.

Jucha's seup-as far as i know. Maybe he or someone from AE can correct me if i miss anything

Front
ride ht 4.5mm
camber -1.5
caster 6*
toe 0
hex spacing .5mm
wheel base 1mm shim in front
steering link 1A
bumpsteer 4mm
diff ball-cam a setting 1
tire jaco dbl pink 55.8mm
1/2 (13.5)to 3/4 (10.5)dope
shock
57 losi piston
60wt oil
purple spring
full rebound
shock 2a
camber link 4
stock ballstud
arm mount 2A ff/fr
shims 3* ff/fr
droop 1.5mm
silver swaybar
hard arms & caster block

ReaR
ride height 4.5
camber 2.0
toe hub 1.0, 2* overall toe (this is an aggressive setting, .5 or 0 toe at the hub mellows the car out/reduces rotation, when overall toe is the same)
hex spacing 0
wheelbase full long
diff ball cam a setting 8
tire Jaco dbl pink 55.8 full dope
shock
Losi 56
30 wt oil
full rebound
gold spring
shock 3A
camber link 5B (I like this a lot as the car is a bit easier to drive. 5A would be very twitchy on hi bite)
black ballstud w/2mm spacer
arm mount 1b fr/rr
shim 2*fr/3*rr
droop 1.5mm
no roll bar
hard arms

I was a couple changes away that made the car better for me.
Foremost was the steering link at 2B. 1A was hard for me to hold on to(very reactive), and I felt like i wanted a bit more overall steering. The 2 position on the bellcrank mellows the car out, and B tends to have a bit more steering all the way thru the turn.

I also went one hole in on the rear shock tower, which made the car rotate a bit more. My car seemed to touch the chassis edges a lot at the rear (even before I moved the shock), so i ran the black sway bar at the rear to help this. The other guys' cars didn't seem to be touching. That may have been my shock building coming into play.

Bob also said the hard arms are in at AE, so they should be coming out very soon.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/

Last edited by robk; 01-26-2008 at 05:44 PM.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote