R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 PM   #4996
Tech Regular
 
gurumods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedout View Post
actually steel into into aluminum can cause corrosion, I been running aluminum screws in my rc cars for 18 years with no problems, didnt want a debate, just a link, thanks

I have not seen any 'alum. screw kits' for the tc5,but if you want to go thru your manual and see how many of each screw you need,you can go here.Anodized alum. also.Good luck

http://www.fastener-express.com/inde...S&Category=218
gurumods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #4997
Tech Adept
 
Roadburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Near Scranton Pa.
Posts: 183
Default

No I'll have to check that out, is there anywhere you can order them online. Also, I looked into my Rollout chart, there is a few different gearing I can go to get simular Roll-out. I see HPI has a 106 and the gear looks like it would fit anything. Anyone try that yet?
Roadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #4998
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dallas, TX.
Posts: 104
Default

Hey guys, I began working on aluminum rear hubs for the TC5 today. What degree of rear toe seems to be run the most lately? i.e 1, 1.5, 2.
Let me hear some feedback on what you think is needed the most.
teamtamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #4999
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtamale View Post
Hey guys, I began working on aluminum rear hubs for the TC5 today. What degree of rear toe seems to be run the most lately? i.e 1, 1.5, 2.
Let me hear some feedback on what you think is needed the most.
I'm running your 4 deg. C hubs and their awesome! If you build some rear hubs I personally prefer the 0 deg and run the toe via the arm mount blocks. This would be easier to build as well as there is no "right hand / left hand" part that way. Also, thats the stock kit hub angle.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #5000
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,788
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtamale View Post
Hey guys, I began working on aluminum rear hubs for the TC5 today. What degree of rear toe seems to be run the most lately? i.e 1, 1.5, 2.
Let me hear some feedback on what you think is needed the most.
I am running 1 degree rear hubs myself
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #5001
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dallas, TX.
Posts: 104
Default

One other question on the aluminum rear hubs. The kit hubs use 3mm thick bearings. Would using 4mm thick bearings be better?
teamtamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #5002
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtamale View Post
One other question on the aluminum rear hubs. The kit hubs use 3mm thick bearings. Would using 4mm thick bearings be better?
Not unless you plan to "kit them" with front steering arms @ 4mm thick. I wouldn't want to have to keep track of 2 different bearing sizes. Also, I've heard 6x10x4's are not very common to find, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #5003
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtamale View Post
One other question on the aluminum rear hubs. The kit hubs use 3mm thick bearings. Would using 4mm thick bearings be better?
That would be better, but unfortunately the TC5 axle diameter is 6mm, and the only commonly available bearing that's available in a 6x10mm, is 3mm wide.

To increase the thickness you would have to use a larger bearing. A 6x12x4mm would be needed, or find some custom 5mm axle outdrives.
__________________
KSN
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #5004
Tech Master
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,539
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Default 6x10x3mm bearings

I found a company out of china. He sells alot on ebay (RCMART>COM). I've ordered from him before and had good products from him. That's great price for bearings. I've used his bearings before and they lasted along time. Here is the ebay link and his store. There cheaper on ebay with the shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YB6015M-Metal-Be...sid=p1638.m118


http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=11443
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #5005
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Not unless you plan to "kit them" with front steering arms @ 4mm thick. I wouldn't want to have to keep track of 2 different bearing sizes. Also, I've heard 6x10x4's are not very common to find, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
the bearing size in the manual is wrong. I believ the size should be 6x10x3
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #5006
Tech Master
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,539
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
the bearing size in the manual is wrong. I believ the size should be 6x10x3
The tc5 kit i got for christmas says it's a 6x10x3mm. They must have up dated the book.
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #5007
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well i have run AE for years... and after almost a two year hiatus, im back at the track. Weve started running rubbers on carpet and the Tc4 (tub) does well... but i am wheeling the crap out of it to do so. There is a local with a Tc5 and he seems to have nothing but problems with it... after looking thru a few pages of this thread, i wondered if someone could give me cliff notes of the cars shortcomings, and what i should buy off the bat to run stock or 19t rubber/carpet. Im only shy a few tenths per lap if that much, and i have a feeling alot of that is my batteries (old 3800's). Has anyone gone from a tub or FT Tc4 to a Tc5 and felt a huge difference? Any help would be appreciated.

I would also appreciate if those who want to hate on the car or kick negative comments about it, please refrain from doing so. Im not asking your opinions. Thanks!
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #5008
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,304
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8 View Post
The tc5 kit i got for christmas says it's a 6x10x3mm. They must have up dated the book.
I believe they put a date on the book's. Possibly on the front page. I can't remember the exact date on mine but it was early 07.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #5009
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Well i have run AE for years... and after almost a two year hiatus, im back at the track. Weve started running rubbers on carpet and the Tc4 (tub) does well... but i am wheeling the crap out of it to do so. There is a local with a Tc5 and he seems to have nothing but problems with it... after looking thru a few pages of this thread, i wondered if someone could give me cliff notes of the cars shortcomings, and what i should buy off the bat to run stock or 19t rubber/carpet. Im only shy a few tenths per lap if that much, and i have a feeling alot of that is my batteries (old 3800's). Has anyone gone from a tub or FT Tc4 to a Tc5 and felt a huge difference? Any help would be appreciated.

I would also appreciate if those who want to hate on the car or kick negative comments about it, please refrain from doing so. Im not asking your opinions. Thanks!

what types of problems is he having? My only complaint about the car is super tight belts......other than that the car has been pretty good on the rug for me. The same set up I run on asphalt works on carpet. Just swap the spool for a oneway.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #5010
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to twistedone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtamale View Post
One other question on the aluminum rear hubs. The kit hubs use 3mm thick bearings. Would using 4mm thick bearings be better?
bearing needs to be 6*10*3 and 1 degree hub is what I'm looking for ?
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0