Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
so is there another belt being released soon or are we left with the bomber belt? If that's the case then is there another belt that may fit on the rear?
Maybe you could try this one. http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=11773

Monte
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monte Hess
Maybe you could try this one. http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=11773

Monte
I may have to try that along with the front bomber belt. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JuhoL
The low friction belts will be a running change in production. I'm not sure which belts the new kits come these days. The older belt says UK on it, the newer one is UG if I remember correctly.

Even the stiffer belts are fine after they have been run for a while. I know it might take a while to run them in with a stock motor though. On the positive side they will pretty much last forever.
After 4 months of weekly racing mine has loosened up running 13.5 finally. But it still will not free wheel well at all. Just yesterday I set out to find the issue. I had a small amount of resistance in the center pulley, and cleaned / lubed the bearings with the RPM bearing blaster. Both pulley and front diff were rolling well, and as soon as I connected center shaft to front belt (back was still off) the binding started again. I agree, that on the track this may not amount to much, but cant help with heat and battery life.

So, a loose belt still will not free it up from my experiance, it's almost as if the gear pitch on the belt, is slightly different then pulley.

Will there be a different part number on the new belt...how will we know when to order??
Old 12-24-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I went and looked at my local hobby shop and all the replacement belts they had there were the UG belts so i just went ahead and got them for myself.

You can see right on the belt. So if you have to order from somewhere maybe order from a shop you can call and see if they can look on the belts for you
Old 12-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default servo saver

i know this has been on here and asked before but to go through will take me all day. I'm having trouble with the servo saver staying together. has anyone tried trimming a little off of the spring to get the servo saver nut on farther? It seems that if you tighten it up it will not work very well and I don't want to hurt my servo. Any tricks will be appreciated and knowledge on the saver.

thanks, Neil
Old 12-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Neil are you going to be at "the track" or trackside anytime before the novak race i could probably help you out with this problem.

I have always had mine as tight as it gets and havent had a problem.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Wallstreet I will be up at the track on wed. help would be awsome.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Ill see if i can stop up there on my way to trackside.

shouldnt be a problem though
Old 12-24-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

just let me know what time you will be up there.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
i know this has been on here and asked before but to go through will take me all day. I'm having trouble with the servo saver staying together. has anyone tried trimming a little off of the spring to get the servo saver nut on farther? It seems that if you tighten it up it will not work very well and I don't want to hurt my servo. Any tricks will be appreciated and knowledge on the saver.

thanks, Neil
Neil,this is what i did.I squezzed the spring down with pliers and the reassambled it and cranked the nut down all the way and put a small bead of CA on the threads.I then put one of these on the servo.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...gh+servo+saver
I wasn't sure if my steering was gonna be responsive enough,but i have got fastest lap at my track.Those servo savers are used on 1/12 all the time.Try one,i don't think you will be disappointed.Mine has not come apart since i did this minor mod.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

My son busted his servo save assembly up this past weekend. Seems like the nut could not screw all the way on. I noticed what used to be a lip on it (nut) that would stop you from screwing it all the way onto the threads of the shaft. So I just got rid of that and now I have plenty of the threaded part after the nut. I hope that makes sense.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you have a good servo, you can tighten the servo saver all the way. The servo arm will crack off in a brutal crash, but most of the time it's fine.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Got a TC5 for Christmas. Man it's a very nice looking car. I had only one issue when i was putting it together. Those Damn diffs were a pain in the a$$. Took a little work getting that tiny nut in that T-cup and getting it catch the bolt. I got it to work after about 30mins. I compressed the spring so many times it wasn't funny. I used BOB STELLFLUE set up at the reedy race for 19t(thats what we run here) and i cant wait to run it. The only thing i was wondering was the springs. Blue fronts and silver rears. To me i thought that was soft, but i'll try it and see what happens. I want to thank all you guys for the tons of info and help on here. I've been following this thread since it started. Anymore would be great since this is my first belt driven car. I've been running Associated for the last 7 years and love how they don't discontinue cars when they come out with a new one. Keep up the great work guys.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

I also got my TC5 for christmas and man do I love this car everything went together well, and the belts weren't too tight..can't wait to race it this saturday
Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8
Got a TC5 for Christmas. Man it's a very nice looking car. I had only one issue when i was putting it together. Those Damn diffs were a pain in the a$$. Took a little work getting that tiny nut in that T-cup and getting it catch the bolt. I got it to work after about 30mins. I compressed the spring so many times it wasn't funny. I used BOB STELLFLUE set up at the reedy race for 19t(thats what we run here) and i cant wait to run it. The only thing i was wondering was the springs. Blue fronts and silver rears. To me i thought that was soft, but i'll try it and see what happens. I want to thank all you guys for the tons of info and help on here. I've been following this thread since it started. Anymore would be great since this is my first belt driven car. I've been running Associated for the last 7 years and love how they don't discontinue cars when they come out with a new one. Keep up the great work guys.

I've been running my TC5 for a few months now and also started with the Bob S setup. Blue/silver may have been good at Tamiya, but the track I race on has very good traction. Blue/silver was WAAAY to soft. The car was very dumpy in turns and really bad in the ESs. I changed to gold/blue and it was much better. When bite is really high, Red/gold is dialed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.