R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #466
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick
If i was a company spending 100.000$+ on tooling a new car, i would not be happy to see the few innovations i have on the car be put out out there in the open, for everyone to see.

And in order to be able to take the decision to produce the said car, you HAVE to run it public to evaluate it.. it s the whole point of it.
Not only the fact that there may be things they don't want people to see yet, the car is still in complete prototype phase and could change drastically. They may not want people to see a prototype and expect one thing and get something different when production rolls around. Losi didn't let anyone see the JRXS prototype until they were really close to the finished basic design.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
Roly- I agree with you on the release of that car. I loved the G+ it was about a perfect car for me. Just ended up being a bit heavy. The XXXS prototype would be a lighter car I would bet. Could be like when Ford released the retro-mustangs....lol Looks like the old car but improved....

Jeff
a protype XXX-S car would be the bomb! I would think it would be even better balancing lipos. Upper rear brace like a T2 would help with the narrow bulkheads. One can only dream. lol
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #468
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Not only the fact that there may be things they don't want people to see yet, the car is still in complete prototype phase and could change drastically. They may not want people to see a prototype and expect one thing and get something different when production rolls around. Losi didn't let anyone see the JRXS prototype until they were really close to the finished basic design.
exactly!
skamolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Can someone forward me a pic...

of the AE car?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

IMHO, they aren't doing it to protect any secrets...they are trying to generate "buzz" about the car which is happening.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 AM   #471
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick
If i was a company spending 100.000$+ on tooling a new car, i would not be happy to see the few innovations i have on the car be put out out there in the open, for everyone to see.
From what I've seen, the TC5 would be just another Tamiya TRF 415 copy. In that case there are no real innovations. Perhaps that's what they're hiding.

I don't care what AE is happy about. I believe RC fans have the right to look at pictures of the car in the design process, at least if it's ever shown in public. Freedom of speech and sharing of information used to be something more than just slogans to attract votes. I believe most people are intelligent enough to realize that the car is in early prototype stage and it may never be released in this configuration. And if it will be released, it will never look exactly like the prototypes.
Look at it this way. Couple of hundred people might look at the pictures and comment something like "the motor mount looks weak". AE might redesign the motor mount and we (the buyers) would end up with better car as result.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 AM   #472
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsetinn
From what I've seen, the TC5 would be just another Tamiya TRF 415 copy. In that case there are no real innovations. Perhaps that's what they're hiding.

I don't care what AE is happy about. I believe RC fans have the right to look at pictures of the car in the design process, at least if it's ever shown in public. Freedom of speech and sharing of information used to be something more than just slogans to attract votes. I believe most people are intelligent enough to realize that the car is in early prototype stage and it may never be released in this configuration. And if it will be released, it will never look exactly like the prototypes.
Look at it this way. Couple of hundred people might look at the pictures and comment something like "the motor mount looks weak". AE might redesign the motor mount and we (the buyers) would end up with better car as result.
these comments about giving AE "Space" are ridiculous manufacturers love this sort of hype. infact, in the "big car world" companies like mitsubishi, ford etc, always get spy shots of their cars. infact there is a huge market amongst the papparazzi to get shots of new cars. designers disguise the shapes, but half the time the pictures are usually taken at a test facility or on the streets of any local city. infact magazines sometimes get tip offs from sources from the actual car company doing the testing about when and where a prototype car will be just so that pictures of it disguised, in supposed "testing mod" can be taken of it and shown all over the magazines/net. it's this publicity that then takes attention away from competitors and creates brand/product awareness about your brand/product. in Australia Holden (chevrolet) did this with the new holden, mitsubishi did it with a revised sedan car they launched as well. (the new car was suprise suprise, parked in a driveway of a nice looking house )

RC users make me laugh sometimes. they have this impression that all manufacturers are poor little mum and pop companies, going down "struggle street" trying to make a buck and avoid the bad nasty world of the internet ...all the while manufacturers are doing everything for purely altruistic reasons and to "spread the word of rc"

please! this is a profit making world. anything that can garner interest in your product is good for the bottom line. especially for a company like AE, sold recently to Thundertiger. AE at the moment is pritty much a dead horse in onroad in every nation except the USA. I hope they can get success like they had with the tc3.

Last edited by TomB; 06-27-2006 at 04:29 AM.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:49 AM   #473
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

This stuff makes me laugh. AE can't hide the car, it's in the public (somewhat) at all the big races. However, they can tease you with little spy photos and keep your interest peaked. Why does it look like a Tamiya? Because it has 4 wheels, 1 attached at each corner? Everything on the market (Losi excluded) looks the same. Subtle changes in design make the difference in handling. My T2 feels very similar to my RDX but still different and not at all like my FK05. No one in RC has a RIGHT to see photos. "Freedom of information"?????? What gives any of us the RIGHT to know what AE is doing with their car. I doubt that AE will add or change the design of the car because someone on RCtech said that the motor mount LOOKs weak. There have been enough photos out to peak alot of interest. AE still has a very strong fan base. As long as the car continues to improve and remain competitive, it will sell when released. AE could buy out the top 10 drivers in the world and dominate the next big race but what would that prove? Let them do their thing and then gawk at it and criticize it when it comes out. Just my $.07
Old 06-27-2006, 07:49 AM   #474
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE doesn't have to show Cr@p and has the right to cover thier prototype while testing but if they are willing to take the prototype to the Reedy race which is one of the highest profile race then I'm sure they know they are taking a chance of someone snapping a pic of the car.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #475
Tech Rookie

pic's of the associated link yanked off hobby talk
http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=3173
Rotten Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 AM   #476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

<VERY SARCASTIC VOICE>Oh that's so terrible for people to disgrace AE by posting pictures of that car. Whatever will we do. I will close my eyes and not look at the pictures of the car.</VERY SARCASTIC VOICE>

BTW...I am buying the new car...but I'm still waiting on a timeframe.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #477
Tech Adept

Default Give It Up

I see all kinds of posts about this new tourer. But no good pics., no good decripions, not even a peep at AE. Maybe this is just an experiment. A good thread though. After all this hype and hoopla in the last year or so about new cars I'll beleave it when I see it.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:09 AM   #478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjak
I see all kinds of posts about this new tourer. But no good pics., no good decripions, not even a peep at AE. Maybe this is just an experiment. A good thread though. After all this hype and hoopla in the last year or so about new cars I'll beleave it when I see it.

Lumberjack - All the "good" pics have been taken down from the site. As for good description I'll give you one it looks like an Xray with White delrin arms. If you check out the latest issue of Xtreme RC they have a few SPY shots in thier Reedy race coverage. This car is for real but it's in the early prototype stages.

Roly
Old 06-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #479
Tech Adept

Default You're Right

All the "good" pictures have been taken down, that's my point, all this hype is premature. As for it looking like an Xray, most belt cars are going to with a few differencess. For me, I'm waiting for the word from AE then I'll know it's not an enginering exercise. But, with my luck it'll only be reliessed as a tub car.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #480
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjak
... it'll only be reliessed as a tub car.
As I told 51 (Brent T. Assoc. team mngr) once, Tubs are for taking a bath in Sedans should be made of CF.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote