R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #4696
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhoL View Post
It's posted on the previous page. I ran the same car in 19T and mod without any changes. Bob Stellflue also ran almost the same setup in stock.
Juho, were you running any aluminium caster blocks, hubs etc? Or maybe some strengthened arms?
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #4697
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

Juho, also where you have that you ran 1 deg rear hub carriers with 2 degree rear toe per side. What shim does it take to get the other 1 deg. I would like to have my rear track width and toe the same, becouse it is where I am having the most difficulty tuning.

Also is there any mods needed to fit the losi pistons in the stock shock bodies? Also I take it that there is no foams in the shocks as well?

Thanks for the help
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM   #4698
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
I just went back to look at that post to see which one it was. Based on just what you have described, try the 2 deg castor blocks and that should be real close to what you are wanting.

As far as the droop, you may not be able to run anymore droop, I think at that setting the spring was just barely touching the preload collar. You don't want the arm to droop far enough that there's a gap bewteen spring and collar.
Actually I have tried using less castor by going from 6* to 4* and the change was too drastic. I was having WAY too much push mid corner and trying to exit the corner. Would you have any other suggestions?

I'm running on a VERY tight high traction carpet track and most of the turns are U turns if that matters any.
naggalowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #4699
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Naggalowmo,

You could try a little front toe out, This can help turn in on entry.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #4700
Tech Fanatic

I just finished building my new TC5, and will race it for the first time this saturday. My belts are kind of tight even when set in the loose setting. Is this normal?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #4701
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim W. View Post
I just finished building my new TC5, and will race it for the first time this saturday. My belts are kind of tight even when set in the loose setting. Is this normal?

Yes this is normal. Give it a few packs and it should free up quite a bit.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #4702
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
Juho, also where you have that you ran 1 deg rear hub carriers with 2 degree rear toe per side. What shim does it take to get the other 1 deg. I would like to have my rear track width and toe the same, becouse it is where I am having the most difficulty tuning.

Also is there any mods needed to fit the losi pistons in the stock shock bodies? Also I take it that there is no foams in the shocks as well?

Thanks for the help
If I remember right, Juho used a 1* shim on the front arm mount of the rear arm and 2x1* in the rear arm mount of the rear arm. It sounds confusing, but think about it and it makes one degree total inboard toe with the track width spaced out.

Nope, no mods for the Losi pistons. Just make sure you get their "old" pistons...or the electric offroad pistons.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #4703
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear View Post
Juho, were you running any aluminium caster blocks, hubs etc? Or maybe some strengthened arms?
As far as I know, no one used aluminum caster blocks.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #4704
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 View Post
If I remember right, Juho used a 1* shim on the front arm mount of the rear arm and 2x1* in the rear arm mount of the rear arm. It sounds confusing, but think about it and it makes one degree total inboard toe with the track width spaced out.

Nope, no mods for the Losi pistons. Just make sure you get their "old" pistons...or the electric offroad pistons.
what would you reccomend with the stock pistons, are they close, or are the losi's a must have?
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #4705
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
what would you reccomend with the stock pistons, are they close, or are the losi's a must have?
No, they are not a must. #2 pistons are close to the feel of #56 and #3 are close to the feel of #57.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #4706
Tech Regular

Default IIC Rubber Tire Setup

I've had a few requests for alternate setups for rubber tires on carpet. Craig and Juho went testing prior to the IIC and for Craig, Juho's setup was a bit to aggressive. This is what he showed up with at the IIC and I tested it with him and felt really confident driving rubber tires on carpet for the first time.

I tried a few things, but kept coming back to this. Give it a try and see what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TC5_2007_IIC_Drescher_Thielke_Rubber.pdf (413.6 KB, 200 views)
Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #4707
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim W. View Post
if you are running stock or 19 turn you can cut every other tooth of the belts..there are a few of us in AZ doing this..helps free up drivetrain quite a bit..i dont know how it would hold up in mod though
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:53 PM   #4708
Tech Adept

Just change the front belt to the BD one, it help to free up the drive train a lot.
G2B Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #4709
Tech Rookie

Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #4710
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike
There's a small mistake in the setup sheet. I ran 3A blocks in the rear and 2A blocks in the front. The sheet says I had antisquat in the back but I didnt. 51 has just mistyped it

Right where it says which blocks I used it says the shims I had under them, which were 2-2-2-4(straight pins in front and 2 deg of toe in the back). In addition I had the 1deg rear hubs. I hope this clears it out?

About the belts: I'm not absolutely sure about this but I think the low friction belts will be included in the kits as a running change. You can tell which ones you have by reading the text on them. If they say UK they are the tighter ones and if they say UG they are the looser ones. Even the UK ones are fine after you run the for a few packs, I put new UK ones in my car at Cleveland and had no problems running them in 19T.