R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

I dunno why they would'nt post pics. Prolly because it similar to a Xray, Tamiya.
I remember when the JRXS was spotted. Someone posted pics on here then it was pulled. Then it officially debut on their website a few weeks later and said it will be many months before release. They never denied it. Even now it's no secret about their rear engine.
I'm sure it will be a matter of time until Associated officially releases word/pics on their website.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 06-25-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #452
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
I dunno why they would care to post pics. Prolly because it similar to a Xray, Tamiya.
I remember when the JRXS was spotted. Someone posted pics on here then it was pulled. Then it officially debut on their website a few weeks later and said it will be many months before release. They never denied it. Even now it's no secret about their rear engine.
I'm sure it will be a matter of time until Associated officially releases word/pics on their website.
They should care because the consumers are the ones who will buy the product from them. Consumers are the people who makes their company richer and successfull. So they should prioritize the consumers instead prioritizing fear from their counterparts in seeing the new model.

AE guys... be men. Not kiddies. So I dare you to show it.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:00 AM   #453
Tech Regular

look how long the HPI PRO4 was under wraps, Hara would not even let people look through the body at it.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #454
X2
Tech Regular

News of a new car will drive TC4 sales into the ground, and for an Associated kit it hasnt been around too long.
Proof of a new car like photo's force Associated into admitting there is something in the works, and once those photo's spread and are readily available who's gonna buy a TC4?
You can see why they dont want photo's to be shown.
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:55 AM   #455
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2
News of a new car will drive TC4 sales into the ground, and for an Associated kit it hasnt been around too long.
Proof of a new car like photo's force Associated into admitting there is something in the works, and once those photo's spread and are readily available who's gonna buy a TC4?
You can see why they dont want photo's to be shown.
Well, that is a part of it, but in this case they've already admitted they're working on it to everyone. However, I think the real reason not to want pics to spread is much like the Losi XXXS case, the car right now is nothing more than a PROTOTYPE, it's nowhere NEAR its final form, & they don't want to get people's hopes up in one way or another until they have finalized the design a lot more. And personally, I don't know why people just HAVE to see a pic of it right now, since it is so early in its development, AE let that happen once before(with the original TC3), & then we freaked out over the next year & a half while AE finished developing the car. I believe that's EXACTLY what they're trying to avoid this time around....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #456
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Sorry but I have to stick up for AE. THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT! Who are any of you (US) to have any say. They don't have to show us Jack. They don't owe us any pics of anything. They have a prototype...prototypes in any market in reguard to product development can be changed many times or shelfed. Why should they release a pic so you can pick apart a certain stage of its development and bench race what all of "expert" opinions from all you guys you DON'T make RC cars for a living. Whens the last time any of you had the balls to make a car that would be globally distributed? Any of you...didn't think so. The shaft drives rock for stock and 19t...alot of the japanese market is obsessed with shaft drives. Some of the top drivers at my local track are still using Pro4's, look at the Evo 5 from Tamiya. Notice how no one from AE has posted anything. Thats because you guys are being rediculous.

"We want pics we want pics" So bottom line is, go get a life and stop making this a techno geek soap opera! Jeeeeeeeeese.

AE Rocks
Old 06-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #457
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 195 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL
Sorry but I have to stick up for AE. THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT! Who are any of you (US) to have any say. They don't have to show us Jack. They don't owe us any pics of anything. They have a prototype...prototypes in any market in reguard to product development can be changed many times or shelfed. Why should they release a pic so you can pick apart a certain stage of its development and bench race what all of "expert" opinions from all you guys you DON'T make RC cars for a living. Whens the last time any of you had the balls to make a car that would be globally distributed? Any of you...didn't think so. The shaft drives rock for stock and 19t...alot of the japanese market is obsessed with shaft drives. Some of the top drivers at my local track are still using Pro4's, look at the Evo 5 from Tamiya. Notice how no one from AE has posted anything. Thats because you guys are being rediculous.

"We want pics we want pics" So bottom line is, go get a life and stop making this a techno geek soap opera! Jeeeeeeeeese.

AE Rocks
I am not talking about AE releasing pics. If sopmeone takes a picture of the car to bad if it ends up on the net. Do not run the car in public then.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:53 PM   #458
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiz
Adrian - yes, it was old losi proto xxxs, another pics.. Jukka Stenari cars maybe? notice those SW rear bumper and huge rear outdrive saver,,

by the way, back to topic, any detail AE proto pics yet?
The car in this pic looks a lot like the current cars being made today.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #459
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Car looks more complete. Those new pics appeared to have darker colored front arms. Maybe getting closer to production?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #460
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly

The more you look at that car you realize how far ahead Losi was at the time. Look at the low top deck,suspension,balance on par with the latest tourers of today. Losi should sell this car
My thoughts exactly Todd

P.S. So who's got these new pics? and if possible could you PM them to me
Old 06-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Todd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
will we be seening something new from Losi anytime soon?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #462
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
True Todd, no doubt about Losi product, and Losi is not copying,
its just battery far to off centre (molded xxxs) compare to current chassis,

I'm waiting for JRXS-R launched soon.. hopefully BEFORE belted AE TC launch date
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Roly- I agree with you on the release of that car. I loved the G+ it was about a perfect car for me. Just ended up being a bit heavy. The XXXS prototype would be a lighter car I would bet. Could be like when Ford released the retro-mustangs....lol Looks like the old car but improved....

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:23 AM   #464
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
They should care because the consumers are the ones who will buy the product from them. Consumers are the people who makes their company richer and successfull. So they should prioritize the consumers instead prioritizing fear from their counterparts in seeing the new model.

AE guys... be men. Not kiddies. So I dare you to show it.

kiddies? wtf?

its their product they have the right to keep it on the down low. daring AE is just a waste of time.

and besides why would a company show a prototype version? stupid its a
temporary car it aint finished yet.
skamolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:26 AM   #465
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If i was a company spending 100.000$+ on tooling a new car, i would not be happy to see the few innovations i have on the car be put out out there in the open, for everyone to see.

And in order to be able to take the decision to produce the said car, you HAVE to run it public to evaluate it.. it s the whole point of it.

The whole discussion about all cars looking the same is a bit moot since if you compare to full size cars, how many differences do you really have in driveline and suspension... not that many.. its always the 2-3 same solutions that come back, for their proven efficiency..

What you have over time, is refinement of the concept, with small steps of improvement and small enhancements. That s a bit what we have in R/C.. if you think you re gonna have anytime soon a car that s gonna be a full sec. faster per lap just by design, you can wait a while..
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote