Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
What kinda weight are you on each wheel?....
i never got around to picking up the scales. once i do.. ill report my findings here.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What kinda weight are you on each wheel?....
I have the same problem as Hebiki with the ITF chassis. My car is real tweaked with it and I can't seem to get rid of it. With the car sitting at 5mm ride height all around, my left rear tire weighed in at around 400 grams while the right rear was 310 grams. Right front tires was 398 and left front was 289
Old 11-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Judge
I am having trouble keeping the left front cva in the spool. the cva does not go in on the left as much as it does on the right. Can you shimm the diff to the left? I just touch the pipe today and it pop right out.

the judge
Can you send me a pic? I can usually tell by the picture what is goin on.

1) Check the arm mounts and make sure you have the same amount of shims on the left side that you have on the right side.

2) You can shim a little but not more than a millimeter

3) make sure the spool is installed correctly.

That should help...
Old 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I have the same problem as Hebiki with the ITF chassis. My car is real tweaked with it and I can't seem to get rid of it. With the car sitting at 5mm ride height all around, my left rear tire weighed in at around 400 grams while the right rear was 310 grams. Right front tires was 398 and left front was 289
I run the Stock chassis and top deck with no problems.....ITF/Flex helps in loose conditions....me personally I did not the like ITF especially at High traction tracks. The suspension couldn't do its job, plus the shocks collars were set at all different heights to get the tweak out, which made the car a little bit off balance, thus producing differences in weight on the scales.

I do suggest the ITF for loose conditions. But I personally have had no problems (tweak issues) or lack of performance with the stock chassis and upper deck, actually I have had increased cornerspeed and the car was alot more consistant. Let your suspension do the work.

Let me know how it comes out.

Last edited by m8commando; 11-19-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

The car WAS better when using the stock chassis. I tried the ITF cause it appeared all the factory guys were using it and so I thought there was a good reason, but I don't like it. I'm normally fighting for the win in stock using my tamiya but I got lapped twice on sturday with the tc5 and the itf...just too inconsistent. I'll be going back to the stock chassis tonight.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Well like M8 said unless you are running in real loose conditions I wouldnt see the need for the ITF chassis however maybe try the ITF top plate w/the stock bottom. Are you using the O-rings on the top plate that might help you keep the car from tweaking....I would also try to get the tweak out balance the car so that all your shocks are adjusted the same and then make some laps and then put it on the tweak station again and see if having the chassis balanced doesnt help keep it from tweaking...
I did all the tweak tricks...my car just doesn't balance with the itf. I have to really jack the shock collars to even things out.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Well like M8 said unless you are running in real loose conditions I wouldnt see the need for the ITF chassis however maybe try the ITF top plate w/the stock bottom. Are you using the O-rings on the top plate that might help you keep the car from tweaking....I would also try to get the tweak out balance the car so that all your shocks are adjusted the same and then make some laps and then put it on the tweak station again and see if having the chassis balanced doesnt help keep it from tweaking...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

I did all the tweak tricks...my car just doesn't balance with the itf. I have to really jack the shock collars to even things out.
That SUCKS.....I am sure you will be much happier with the stock chassis....I just picked up another 5 I think I will throw the ITF on there just to see if I can figure it out....Hope I can been wanting a solid rubber tire car......I love this car on foams....Hope I feel the same w/rubbers
Old 11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

That SUCKS.....I am sure you will be much happier with the stock chassis....I just picked up another 5 I think I will throw the ITF on there just to see if I can figure it out....Hope I can been wanting a solid rubber tire car......I love this car on foams....Hope I feel the same w/rubbers
we don't have much in the way of foam racing here. Rubber is the only game in town. I'm sure the stock chassis will work for me.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for high bite asphalt i use the stock and itf top deck combo and it works fine
Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
for high bite asphalt i use the stock and itf top deck combo and it works fine
AGREE, I have also use the stock chassis with ITF top deck with very good result and no tweak issue even after crash, but my friend's ITF chassis was tweak and check it with a flat glass then found it wouldn't flex back.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Questions?? Tc5 Spool

After looking at my car today, I found out what happened was the steering knukle was broken on the bottom screw. That was causing the problem. Anyone know if someone is making aluminum steering knuckles for TC5.

The Judge
Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How are the non team drivers feel about the TC5 on carpet?
Thanks and God Bless
Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Brostrom ygpm
Old 11-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
How are the non team drivers feel about the TC5 on carpet?
Thanks and God Bless
are you looking for it to be a foam or rubber answer???

On rubber I'm still testing!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.