Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am looking to get a screw set for my TC5. I looked at the RC screwz kit and thought about getting it. But then I stumbled upon a titanium screw set. So my question is, is it worth spending the extra money on the titanium? mostly I was thinking that the titanium screws would be less likely to strip than the RC screwz set.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up tuning belts

hi
I found a website with tuning belts for the tc5 i have not tryed them yet but they are on the way. the belts looks a lot like the xray belts both in the color (the brown tooths) and the flexibilety.
here is the link
http://www.freemart.de/rcdevilshop/index.php?cPath=1_24

Best Regards
Steven Olsen
Old 11-05-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can someone post a starting pinion/spur gear combo for me? I switched from running a Xray 007/brushed motor/lipo setup to a TC5/LRP Sphere TC/10.5/Lipos/ rubber tires running on carpet.The is my my first brushless setup and I have no idea where tp start for gearing. 64 pitch combo is what Im looking for to start with.Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:31 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I am looking to get a screw set for my TC5. I looked at the RC screwz kit and thought about getting it. But then I stumbled upon a titanium screw set. So my question is, is it worth spending the extra money on the titanium? mostly I was thinking that the titanium screws would be less likely to strip than the RC screwz set.
Titianium-not worth it. You will already be adding alot of lead if you do any sanctioned racing.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Anyone looking for them contact Larry at Team Tamale. He has 4, 6 and 8 degree's in stock and will have them up on his site soon.

EA
Morning EA,

I'm making my return to touring car, and getting ready to throw down in rubber tire for the Novak Race. My observation of the car after its initial build is that the suspension has quite a bit of flex, especially in the front. Now this may not be a bad thing for rubber tire, or from a durability standpoint, however I would think that on high grip applications with foams especially this would cause some inconsistency. My last real car was a TC3, and there were graphite composites available for lighter weight, and more rigidity. Is this something AE has on their radar, or should I just stick to my rev 5 where I know what the heck I'm talking about?

I was just wondering if the reason for going to an aluminum block in the front was to address the flexing.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smostyn
I have fit one to my TC5 nd it went together fine. There were pins in the packet that were the right size, I had mine back together in about 5 mins.
Then I got screwed, mine had no pins
Old 11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead
Can someone post a starting pinion/spur gear combo for me? I switched from running a Xray 007/brushed motor/lipo setup to a TC5/LRP Sphere TC/10.5/Lipos/ rubber tires running on carpet.The is my my first brushless setup and I have no idea where tp start for gearing. 64 pitch combo is what Im looking for to start with.Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Bro Im running 87 31p and my car feels strap. Im not for sure what this equals on 64 pitch but you can go to gear chart. com and get the ratio. Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beavis353
Morning EA,

I'm making my return to touring car, and getting ready to throw down in rubber tire for the Novak Race. My observation of the car after its initial build is that the suspension has quite a bit of flex, especially in the front. Now this may not be a bad thing for rubber tire, or from a durability standpoint, however I would think that on high grip applications with foams especially this would cause some inconsistency. My last real car was a TC3, and there were graphite composites available for lighter weight, and more rigidity. Is this something AE has on their radar, or should I just stick to my rev 5 where I know what the heck I'm talking about?

I was just wondering if the reason for going to an aluminum block in the front was to address the flexing.
If you want a decent quick fix, get TC4 caster blocks, and ream out the hinge pin hole to the same size as the TC5 hinge pin (2.5mm?). They are virtually the same except for the hinge pin hole.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Rob was that you, Kev and company at the 2007 HobbyPLEX Midwest Carpet Onroad Championships??

If so good job...and to KevinK for sweeping the A1 and A1...very nice Mr. Viking.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got the spool for the tc5 and i noticed a lot of play where the pin in the cva goes into the outdrives of the spool. does anyone know where i can get a pin cushion or something to put around the pins of the cva so it will fit snug into the spool?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by beavis353
Morning EA,

JB Weld?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
I just got the spool for the tc5 and i noticed a lot of play where the pin in the cva goes into the outdrives of the spool. does anyone know where i can get a pin cushion or something to put around the pins of the cva so it will fit snug into the spool?
which spool did you get...

the associated spool, requires blades like the xray . should have got some with the spool.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ooliganRC
which spool did you get...

the associated spool, requires blades like the xray . should have got some with the spool.
you mean it should have come with the associated spool?!!!! cause I didn't get anything. Can I buy them separately? or aftermarket?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
you mean it should have come with the associated spool?!!!! cause I didn't get anything. Can I buy them separately? or aftermarket?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUW5&P=7

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.