R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #4291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smostyn View Post
There is one at this site. I will be getting one shortly and I will let you know how it goes.
http://www.titaniumracing.com/produc...um=450&mnu=423
Thanks bro. I think Im going the wrong way. I need to get to like a 5.0 ratio for my orion 10.5.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #4292
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tip to loosen front belt, cut more groves in outer cam holder so you can rotate the inner cam further forward.
Just make sure there even on both sides.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #4293
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to twistedone

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim View Post
Are those the P-Dub bumpers?

...Jim
W.E.D.
no those are not by p-dub
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #4294
Tech Fanatic

112/44 puts you at 5.09. I found a couple companies that make 100 tooth spurs. That should make it a little easier.
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:57 AM   #4295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

My stock belts are in the loosest position. They seemed to have loosened up. This car has large pullies as it is. So I don't think they need to be super loose. Anybody think of cutting every other tooth off. Did this to my old XXXSG+'s stock belt back in the day. It helped alot. Wonder how many teeth are on the belts.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 10-17-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #4296
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
64 pitch is probably what your missing.....I am running 116/40
Cheers mate
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #4297
Tech Adept

when the problem came up with the tight belts thats the first thing i did. i cut every other tooth off and they have even numbers. i race 19 turn onroad and carpet and it hasnt skipped yet. instead of buying all these other belts just do that worked for me.
KING COOPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #4298
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Does it seem more free?
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #4299
Tech Adept

o yea. it feels like there is no drag there. i also cleaned out the grease in the bearings but if you were to just clip the belts it would be fine. the way that i did it for the xxxs and the tc5 is just to use toe nail clippers. the asc belt has that plastic coating so its a little tougher to cut. but thats how i did it.
KING COOPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #4300
Tech Addict

Hey all, I've been out of the electric car seen for many many years. I've been racing Nitro Touring in FORGASS, Florida state series. But after the birth of my baby girl, I haven't had the time to go racing. But now I saw the new TC5, and heard the Electric Mod class taking off, so I went and watched a race.

I was shocked at the little they had to work on the cars, Li-Po batteries, and the speed. So I picked up 2 TC5's, one is a parts car. Novak 3.5R Brushless, and Orion 4800 Lipo.

With the help of one of my former team-mates with Kyosho helped me with the setup, I was able to dial the car in. After taking off of racing for a year, and with the car feeling good, I can say, if you haven't tried this car, or a mod class, you're missing out.

Here are my pics:

Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #4301
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey has anyone had issuies w/the arm mount screws backing out? Or do you guys suggest thread lock on them. How many of you guys run foams on carpet? just wandering what tire compounds,shock oil and spring rates you guys are finding that are working well and how many of ya are runnin the sways.....My setup is working fine but still needs a few tweeks has a little push........Thanks
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #4302
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3 View Post
Hey all, I've been out of the electric car seen for many many years. I've been racing Nitro Touring in FORGASS, Florida state series. But after the birth of my baby girl, I haven't had the time to go racing. But now I saw the new TC5, and heard the Electric Mod class taking off, so I went and watched a race.

I was shocked at the little they had to work on the cars, Li-Po batteries, and the speed. So I picked up 2 TC5's, one is a parts car. Novak 3.5R Brushless, and Orion 4800 Lipo.

With the help of one of my former team-mates with Kyosho helped me with the setup, I was able to dial the car in. After taking off of racing for a year, and with the car feeling good, I can say, if you haven't tried this car, or a mod class, you're missing out.
Are you going to come out for the final state race next weekend in Daytona?
We run a Reedy style format 6 heads up races, 2 drops in the mod class. No lipo, but I'm sure someone will let you run some packs if you don't have any.
I run the tc5 myself, car is always dialed
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #4303
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmartin View Post
Are you going to come out for the final state race next weekend in Daytona?
We run a Reedy style format 6 heads up races, 2 drops in the mod class. No lipo, but I'm sure someone will let you run some packs if you don't have any.
I run the tc5 myself, car is always dialed

I wish I could. But the wife works on weekends, so I have my little 10 month girl with me. Hence why I stopped racing Nitro. Too much work, which I do like, but can't dedicate the time. Until I get either a trailer, or she gets a little older, I'm only able to race at PNP in Palm Bay. I'll be trying to make Superior soon, but that's a long day for her also.

Good luck @ the races
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #4304
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey has anyone had issuies w/the arm mount screws backing out? Or do you guys suggest thread lock on them.
I sure have...the left rear especially. Running 3 deg toe, and using longer screw WITH thread lock and still lost the shims again last night. I guess I just need to check every run...period.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #4305
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey has anyone had issuies w/the arm mount screws backing out? Or do you guys suggest thread lock on them. How many of you guys run foams on carpet? just wandering what tire compounds,shock oil and spring rates you guys are finding that are working well and how many of ya are runnin the sways.....My setup is working fine but still needs a few tweeks has a little push........Thanks
I run foams on carpet, and I am running Parma magentas front and back, and I am only dopeing the rear wheels. The only thing I have changed on my set-up so far was I went to gold springs, and the rest of the set-up is still the out of the box set-up. That seems to be woring for me, although I am still learing how to even drive a TC, yet allone how to drive on carpet as I am more of an off-road racer (I have only been raceing my TC5 for 3 weeks, and I am only 2 laps off of the pace of the fast guys).

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote