Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-06-2007, 04:13 AM   #4171
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TurboT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
Ok..duh.
Wow the plastic on this cars suspension is soft. Hope it doesn't hurt performance w/foams. Anybody find a good foam/carpet setup?
My car also came with the ITF chassis/top plate. Anybody try this with foams or should I swap for the std. chassis.
I'd go back to the standard chassis if you're running foams. The ITF is for rubber tire racing and is likely way too flexy for foam. I find you can get away with running hard chassis with rubber but not flexy with foam. Too much traction with foam will cause slow corner speeds and traction roll.
TurboT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #4172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Will Losi type R ball cups fit on the ball ends? Is there an alternative to shock ends? I hate to pop those shock ends off everytime time I want to change springs or oil.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 10-06-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #4173
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Will Losi type R ball cups fit on the ball ends? Is there an alternative to shock ends? I hate to pop those shock ends off anytime you want to change springs or oil.

The Losi ball ends will work, but at the center steering link watch for binding, you may have to remove a small amount of material from those ball ends at the center link only. Other than that no problems what so ever, very easy to move the ball studs from hole to hole.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #4174
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8commando View Post
The Losi ball ends will work, but at the center steering link watch for binding, you may have to remove a small amount of material from those ball ends at the center link only. Other than that no problems what so ever, very easy to move the ball studs from hole to hole.
Use schumacher for the tie rods.. no binding atall//// shock ends use associated ones
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #4175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default Problem stripping spur gears!?!

For some reason I have been stripping spur gears left and right

I first thought is the the RW spur that I was using...then I thought it was that I switched to PRS pinions. So I put in a Kimbrough spur and Robinson pinions which I had been using for years and they stripped! I have probably stripped an few spurs over the years but not 4 in 2 weeks. Anyone else have this problem. I notices some play in the spur gear holder...could that be causing it?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #4176
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check the screw that connects the motor plate to the rear bulkhead. One of the guys here had the same problem and that screw was loose so when the chassis flexed the motor moved slightly from the spur, causing it to strip.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #4177
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Check the screw that connects the motor plate to the rear bulkhead. One of the guys here had the same problem and that screw was loose so when the chassis flexed the motor moved slightly from the spur, causing it to strip.
DUH! Thanks! I just looked and the screw isn't in there. I rebuilt a couple of weeks ago and must have forgot to put it back in.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #4178
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised to see that can strip gears. When the ROAR nats where at SIR this summer I noticed several of the ASC Team drivers left this screw completely off! I asked and they said it was no mistake...it was intentional, for added flex.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #4179
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I'm a bit surprised to see that can strip gears. When the ROAR nats where at SIR this summer I noticed several of the ASC Team drivers left this screw completely off! I asked and they said it was no mistake...it was intentional, for added flex.
Yeah I am sure those driver didn't hit the boards as hard I as did. I can see if/when I hit the board the chassis flexing abruptly and causing it to strip. I have the screw in now...we'll see.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #4180
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Anybody have play in the center pulley? You can rock ithe spur back and forth a little before the pullies even move. Is this normal?
How do you guys do the oring mod on the ITF toplate. Just a longer scew and flat washer? Do you put an oring under all four screws?
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #4181
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Anybody have play in the center pulley? You can rock ithe spur back and forth a little before the pullies even move. Is this normal?
How do you guys do the oring mod on the ITF toplate. Just a longer scew and flat washer? Do you put an oring under all four screws?

I did also.. The TIR layshaft fixes this.. I put some shrink tubing over the set pins on the stock one and it fixed the problem.

Chad
ChadL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #4182
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Man....I became an example of something bad... Loctite that screw with some blue loctite. I went through about 4-5 spurs in a two day race weekend.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #4183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anyone know the size (or part number) of the four screws that mount the pully to the spool? Mine this week were ripped though the holes in the pully.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #4184
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
You've got it. 4 longer button head screws, 4 washers, then snug O rings under those. Just tighten about 1/4 turn past touching, and check occationally.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #4185
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Does anyone know the size (or part number) of the four screws that mount the pully to the spool? Mine this week were ripped though the holes in the pully.
#31510 - M2x0.4x4

I just opened a pack yesterday