R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-04-2007, 05:29 AM   #4141
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

G2B Anthony, list your entire setup and we can narrow it down some more. Right now you could, add more front droop to allow weight transfer to rear, change camber link positions, change shock angles, change shock oil. There are just to many variables right now.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #4142
Tech Rookie

You can achieve no rebound by building the shock as the instructions state. After you have filled the shock body with oil and gotten all the air out push the piston almost all the way to the top of the oil level but dont push above it. Leave the piston there and finish building the shock. If done properly you will acheive 0 rebound.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #4143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B Anthony View Post
Thank you for your help

Yes, I have using a spool on asphalt with 5cell 4.5 Brushless, tried toward & backward battery position, backward is better for tight track and increase rear traction to get more stable, but the problem is when under acceleration to come out the corner the rear traction easy to break loose. Do u have a good solution to solve this problem?
Like Kraig said there are many variables, have you tried one of the set-ups from the Reedy race posted? Those are all 5 cell with brushless except for Cavalieri. Post the setup you have and we'll check it out. Is the track surface prepped or its it a dusty parking lot? Things like that matter too. Sometimes of the track is so-so, and the tires are old, no matter what you run for setup traction will only be so good.
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #4144
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Brandon, I know you are the expert on the car... But I added one degree of Anti Dive to the front and this help a lot with the taming down the steering... Just want to see what you think of this setting change... I'm using the setup EA gave me.. If this helps... I'm also running at 40% on the dual rate in the radio....
judging by the fact you are using 40% dual rate I'm assuming this for for foam tires? anit dive (arm pins angled down toward front of car, for those unsure of terminology) will for sure take out some sensitivity and make the car easier to drive. It seems as if anti dive has become more popular since the trend of running single compound tires on the front. I haven't ran foam with the car YET, but will start this month.

Personally my opinion is that if you have to have the DR turned down to 40% then you don't have everything working as well as it could. I personally lean toward a set-up that I can use alot of wheel input without the car being darty. I would think at 40% the car wouldn't turn around in the width of a driving lane.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #4145
Tech Adept

Default Spool and tight belt

Please help I am running a spool tir one I have a problem with there being a tight spot almost as if the spool pully is oval in shape. Have any of you guys got this problem just spin it up by hand and check the tension of the front belt and let me know. ~I have recieved today the AE spool and it does the same not sure what the problem could be?
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #4146
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s View Post
Please help I am running a spool tir one I have a problem with there being a tight spot almost as if the spool pully is oval in shape. Have any of you guys got this problem just spin it up by hand and check the tension of the front belt and let me know. ~I have recieved today the AE spool and it does the same not sure what the problem could be?
yeah! I have this same problem. The tension is not too tight when it does tighten up so I leave it alone. I could not pin point the problem...I am assuming it's the spool pulley being out of round. If anyone knows for sure I love to hear a solution.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #4147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Desrosiers View Post
You can achieve no rebound by building the shock as the instructions state. After you have filled the shock body with oil and gotten all the air out push the piston almost all the way to the top of the oil level but dont push above it. Leave the piston there and finish building the shock. If done properly you will acheive 0 rebound.
Thanks, I will give that a try. The instructions say to assemble the shock with the shaft extended and not with it pushed up so maybe that is my problem.
-Kane
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #4148
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
Personally my opinion is that if you have to have the DR turned down to 40% then you don't have everything working as well as it could. I personally lean toward a set-up that I can use alot of wheel input without the car being darty. I would think at 40% the car wouldn't turn around in the width of a driving lane.
I have had to turn my endpoints down to 35-40% as the way the linkages work the steering is at max angle at those low %, I'm just assuming here he is using his dual rate exclusively and not the end point adjustment.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #4149
Tech Initiate

The reason the belt goes tight and then loose is because the pulley is not centered on the spool. I centered mine by cutting a strip of masking tape about 1.5mm wide and then wrapping it around the outside edge of the spool.
It only takes a couple of layers, just enough to center the spool till you tighten the hardware.
chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #4150
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B Anthony View Post
Thank you for your help

Yes, I have using a spool on asphalt with 5cell 4.5 Brushless, tried toward & backward battery position, backward is better for tight track and increase rear traction to get more stable, but the problem is when under acceleration to come out the corner the rear traction easy to break loose. Do u have a good solution to solve this problem?
this is easy....

Take all the roll bars (sway bars) off the car.. it works so much better without them.

I race indoor carpet with lrp vtec 27T with rollbars the car is twitchy, without them its GOOD....use juho levanens set up and throw the roll bars away .. job done.

I have 55% steering :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #4151
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

What kind of rollout do I want to be at running 7 single... track is 200x100 on rubber tires...

Thanks,
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #4152
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead View Post
I have had to turn my endpoints down to 35-40% as the way the linkages work the steering is at max angle at those low %, I'm just assuming here he is using his dual rate exclusively and not the end point adjustment.
right, maybe so, but remember that 40% EPA with 100% DR is way different than running max EPA and then cutting DR to 40%.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #4153
Tech Elite

If you feel you have a oblonged shape in the pulley, make sure you have the diff cams in the same position. If L side is set to med high and the R side is set to med low this can make the spool run untrue and cause binding. This is very easy to do when not having tower and shocks removed for easy bulkhead access, one of the holders can spin upside down before going into bulkhead without you knowing.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #4154
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
This one is easy. Juho's LRP Masters set-up is what we always use. We could add more, but they would all be the same :-)
I would like to confirm the droop that Juho is running on this rubber tire on carpet setup (2mm rear, 1 mm front). Is that really correct? I have never run a car with this little droop. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete
Pete Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #4155
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
If you feel you have a oblonged shape in the pulley, make sure you have the diff cams in the same position. If L side is set to med high and the R side is set to med low this can make the spool run untrue and cause binding. This is very easy to do when not having tower and shocks removed for easy bulkhead access, one of the holders can spin upside down before going into bulkhead without you knowing.

I thought that too but I checked that. I was thinking of buying a new pulley and see what happens.