R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2007, 05:29 AM   #4141
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,380
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

G2B Anthony, list your entire setup and we can narrow it down some more. Right now you could, add more front droop to allow weight transfer to rear, change camber link positions, change shock angles, change shock oil. There are just to many variables right now.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #4142
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 5
Default

You can achieve no rebound by building the shock as the instructions state. After you have filled the shock body with oil and gotten all the air out push the piston almost all the way to the top of the oil level but dont push above it. Leave the piston there and finish building the shock. If done properly you will acheive 0 rebound.
__________________
Team Associated, Reedy, LRP, Proline, Protoform, Jaco, KO Propo, Kimbrough, IRS, Chewy Graphics
Eric Desrosiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #4143
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B Anthony View Post
Thank you for your help

Yes, I have using a spool on asphalt with 5cell 4.5 Brushless, tried toward & backward battery position, backward is better for tight track and increase rear traction to get more stable, but the problem is when under acceleration to come out the corner the rear traction easy to break loose. Do u have a good solution to solve this problem?
Like Kraig said there are many variables, have you tried one of the set-ups from the Reedy race posted? Those are all 5 cell with brushless except for Cavalieri. Post the setup you have and we'll check it out. Is the track surface prepped or its it a dusty parking lot? Things like that matter too. Sometimes of the track is so-so, and the tires are old, no matter what you run for setup traction will only be so good.
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #4144
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Brandon, I know you are the expert on the car... But I added one degree of Anti Dive to the front and this help a lot with the taming down the steering... Just want to see what you think of this setting change... I'm using the setup EA gave me.. If this helps... I'm also running at 40% on the dual rate in the radio....
judging by the fact you are using 40% dual rate I'm assuming this for for foam tires? anit dive (arm pins angled down toward front of car, for those unsure of terminology) will for sure take out some sensitivity and make the car easier to drive. It seems as if anti dive has become more popular since the trend of running single compound tires on the front. I haven't ran foam with the car YET, but will start this month.

Personally my opinion is that if you have to have the DR turned down to 40% then you don't have everything working as well as it could. I personally lean toward a set-up that I can use alot of wheel input without the car being darty. I would think at 40% the car wouldn't turn around in the width of a driving lane.
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #4145
Tech Adept
 
i.a.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: uk
Posts: 118
Default Spool and tight belt

Please help I am running a spool tir one I have a problem with there being a tight spot almost as if the spool pully is oval in shape. Have any of you guys got this problem just spin it up by hand and check the tension of the front belt and let me know. ~I have recieved today the AE spool and it does the same not sure what the problem could be?
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #4146
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s View Post
Please help I am running a spool tir one I have a problem with there being a tight spot almost as if the spool pully is oval in shape. Have any of you guys got this problem just spin it up by hand and check the tension of the front belt and let me know. ~I have recieved today the AE spool and it does the same not sure what the problem could be?
yeah! I have this same problem. The tension is not too tight when it does tighten up so I leave it alone. I could not pin point the problem...I am assuming it's the spool pulley being out of round. If anyone knows for sure I love to hear a solution.
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #4147
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Desrosiers View Post
You can achieve no rebound by building the shock as the instructions state. After you have filled the shock body with oil and gotten all the air out push the piston almost all the way to the top of the oil level but dont push above it. Leave the piston there and finish building the shock. If done properly you will acheive 0 rebound.
Thanks, I will give that a try. The instructions say to assemble the shock with the shaft extended and not with it pushed up so maybe that is my problem.
-Kane
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #4148
Tech Addict
 
fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Auckland NZ
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
Personally my opinion is that if you have to have the DR turned down to 40% then you don't have everything working as well as it could. I personally lean toward a set-up that I can use alot of wheel input without the car being darty. I would think at 40% the car wouldn't turn around in the width of a driving lane.
I have had to turn my endpoints down to 35-40% as the way the linkages work the steering is at max angle at those low %, I'm just assuming here he is using his dual rate exclusively and not the end point adjustment.
__________________
Slavich Design
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #4149
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 22
Default

The reason the belt goes tight and then loose is because the pulley is not centered on the spool. I centered mine by cutting a strip of masking tape about 1.5mm wide and then wrapping it around the outside edge of the spool.
It only takes a couple of layers, just enough to center the spool till you tighten the hardware.
chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #4150
Tech Master
 
ooliganRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under that rock you just kicked over!!!!
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B Anthony View Post
Thank you for your help

Yes, I have using a spool on asphalt with 5cell 4.5 Brushless, tried toward & backward battery position, backward is better for tight track and increase rear traction to get more stable, but the problem is when under acceleration to come out the corner the rear traction easy to break loose. Do u have a good solution to solve this problem?
this is easy....

Take all the roll bars (sway bars) off the car.. it works so much better without them.

I race indoor carpet with lrp vtec 27T with rollbars the car is twitchy, without them its GOOD....use juho levanens set up and throw the roll bars away .. job done.

I have 55% steering :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #4151
JCB
Tech Addict
 
JCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 741
Default

Hey Guys,

What kind of rollout do I want to be at running 7 single... track is 200x100 on rubber tires...

Thanks,
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #4152
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead View Post
I have had to turn my endpoints down to 35-40% as the way the linkages work the steering is at max angle at those low %, I'm just assuming here he is using his dual rate exclusively and not the end point adjustment.
right, maybe so, but remember that 40% EPA with 100% DR is way different than running max EPA and then cutting DR to 40%.
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #4153
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

If you feel you have a oblonged shape in the pulley, make sure you have the diff cams in the same position. If L side is set to med high and the R side is set to med low this can make the spool run untrue and cause binding. This is very easy to do when not having tower and shocks removed for easy bulkhead access, one of the holders can spin upside down before going into bulkhead without you knowing.
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #4154
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
This one is easy. Juho's LRP Masters set-up is what we always use. We could add more, but they would all be the same :-)
I would like to confirm the droop that Juho is running on this rubber tire on carpet setup (2mm rear, 1 mm front). Is that really correct? I have never run a car with this little droop. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete
Pete Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #4155
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
If you feel you have a oblonged shape in the pulley, make sure you have the diff cams in the same position. If L side is set to med high and the R side is set to med low this can make the spool run untrue and cause binding. This is very easy to do when not having tower and shocks removed for easy bulkhead access, one of the holders can spin upside down before going into bulkhead without you knowing.

I thought that too but I checked that. I was thinking of buying a new pulley and see what happens.
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net