R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #391
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
to be completely honest, i think the change to a belt is to keep all the of people that "think" a belt car is better than a shaft car happy....
Since it IS a prototype, you have to believe that they are going to try out several things. I do believe that the next car will be a belt drive, but how can AE say that shafts are better or belts suck if they don't at least attempt to prove themselves wrong/correct. Maybe they've taken on the "if you can't beat em, join em" mentality, but in order to succeed (especially nowadays) you have to be willing to think outside of the box.
For those that continue to say "it looks like an Xray"... Xray didn't come out with the current design until far after the RDX, 415, Cyclone, etc.. were on the market. So who's copying who? All the current cars look very similar and yet very different, and each one has it's own handling personality. Good luck to AE with the new car. I'm sure you'll see alot of cars on the For Sale thread when this one hits the streets.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #392
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
For those that continue to say "it looks like an Xray"... Xray didn't come out with the current design until far after the RDX, 415, Cyclone, etc.. were on the market. So who's copying who? All the current cars look very similar and yet very different, and each one has it's own handling personality. Good luck to AE with the new car. I'm sure you'll see alot of cars on the For Sale thread when this one hits the streets.
Losi not copying!
JRXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #393
Tech Regular

you folks remember this pics? not so far different with current crops of belt car...

correct me if I'm wrong,
nothing change drastically and really new (..except Xray's multi diff..) , belt layout, arm placement, its just the best combination of those,

the MSX starting trend of EASY MAINTENANCE and TUNING with removable upper part of bulkhead.. following by yokomos, HB, then T2
(...something that actually started by Losi with old XXX-S SUPER EASY DIFF ACCESS and SPUR GEAR CHANGE..)

Yes, there is no race point for fastest one taking the diff or spur or battery out of car,
but I think we all prefer fast & tough cars which also have simplicity in maintenance...

delrin, aluminum, nylon whatever.. is there due to easy machining,
once found best combo, the dimension will translete to molded arm or even molded chassis,
small mods in future if necessary (..see jrxs new arm > molded shape of BK brackets..)

IMO, AE is good, test the water (.. and perhaps silently listen to customer's voice..) while refining test their new car, I'll wait the release date
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-losi3.jpg  
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Here's one thing that the new AE belt car will have over any of the current crop of belt cars (with maybe the exception of the JRXS).

PARTS ON THE WALL AT MY LOCAL SHOP!

Bring it on.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:29 AM   #395
Tech Rookie

With Associated's co-operation with Yokomo (think 1/12 scale), what are the chances that Associated are using the new limited Edition masami Yoko belt drive chassis as a "test mule"?
mintygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:49 AM   #396
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hmmm.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-associated-20tc5.jpg  

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:02 AM   #397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Well if AE does a belt car like everyone else that is cool. One thing I do not like about my Xray is it is hard to find parts when 3 local shops do not carry pars for it. Nor do they want to due to the way RC America screws them when it comes to shipping parts.

Like the DR parts on the wall.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #398
Tech Fanatic

I think AE is being carefull in putting out the belt. They have seen what is on the market and how the cars handle. So when they are designing a new car they will take it and tweak it.

As for Yokomo Masami chassis, I think it is all AE. Yokomo took the 12L4 and tweaked that car for the worlds and look at how good Masami did.

AE is looking to put this car and themselves back on the map in full force. Look out Worlds.

Later
kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #399
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those two pictures are different... Bulkhead color, a-arm color, etc
Old 06-18-2006, 07:07 PM   #400
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiz
the MSX starting trend of EASY MAINTENANCE and TUNING with removable upper part of bulkhead.. following by yokomos, HB, then T2
(...something that actually started by Losi with old XXX-S SUPER EASY DIFF ACCESS and SPUR GEAR CHANGE..)
xpress actually started the removable upper bulkhead parts back in the late 90's.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:16 PM   #401
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiz
Actually the MSX was almost last with that. The Yokomo BD and Cyclone were out way longer before MSX came out.... I remember the Yokomo YR-4 series cars back in '96/97ish had somewhat easy access diffs too.

Anyways, I think next month's Worlds will be interesting to watch. See if AE can make an onroad come back...

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #402
Tech Elite

Haha... I see someone else is thinking on the same lines as me.. haha

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #403
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS
Losi not copying!
WORD!!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #404
Tech Regular

The photo FAIZ posted looks like the XXX-S proto type.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
Since it IS a prototype, you have to believe that they are going to try out several things. I do believe that the next car will be a belt drive, but how can AE say that shafts are better or belts suck if they don't at least attempt to prove themselves wrong/correct. Maybe they've taken on the "if you can't beat em, join em" mentality, but in order to succeed (especially nowadays) you have to be willing to think outside of the box.

Hey Tony...Sean here...

I agree...if AE comes out with a nice belt car that handles like an RDX or Xray at less cost and easily found parts, they'll sweep the market.

-S

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote