Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've had one for almost two-months...just haven't built it. Been waiting for parts and the spool and the one-way. I just got the ITF chassis. Now that Tamiya season is over...gonna start building it. I should have it on the track by next weekend. Maybe someday, there will even be a spool for it
Old 08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
i try not to use wd 40 it softens up the rubber to much i more or less want the oil to soak into the fiber strains so that they will streach ..

for everyone else i looked into and tried x ray 007 belts corally rdx belts and top belts for the synith (sp) and none of them work they are either to long front to spur or to short

smyka check your pm's dude
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

What's the meaning of shock rebound "1/4 stroke" ?? Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
What's the meaning of shock rebound "1/4 stroke" ?? Thanks
After building the shock, move the shaft up and down a few times. Without the springs, the shock shaft will rebound 1/4 of the way back out when pushed all the way in.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for your help.

What's the benefit for this setting compare with rebound full length?? And how to build up the shock shaft will rebound 1/4 of the way back out?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I've had one for almost two-months...just haven't built it. Been waiting for parts and the spool and the one-way. I just got the ITF chassis. Now that Tamiya season is over...gonna start building it. I should have it on the track by next weekend. Maybe someday, there will even be a spool for it
Right on, no kidding on the spool. have had one back ordered for 2 months now. i have been using the bd spool from speedtech. you have to shim it but it works alright.
see ya out there.
Dennis
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dotman- i started with Juhos rubber tire carpet setup but the changes i made include

40wt oil in front with red springs
front and rear shocks leaned inward one more hole
outer camber link hole on rear hub
inside upper camber link on the tower
all 4 rear top deck screws with o-rings
2mm worth of bumpsteer spacers
and belt tensions as loose as possible

i still think it needs a thicker sway bar on the front because the car was just burying the front tires in the body in the corners but thats it my car was absolutly dialed using a 38/100 gearing with the novak 10.5 brushless motor
Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, this will be my first entrance into the electric TC scene. I started the hobby in nitro TC, then moved to stadium truck and sold them all to stay in 1/8th scale buggy. Ive always loved onroad much more however.... I really am looking forward to this kit, even though electric seems very boring to me with the slower speeds and how darned quiet it is. I will be running a 13.5 Novak brushless with LRP sphere ESC and the bigger Orion Lipo pack. Nitro buggy takes up the majority of my time as the track is only 30min away vs 1.5hrs for a small club track. It will be quite an interesting adventure to say the least. BTW an Xray driver told me to get the TC5 especially since I don't want to be paying nitro buggy costs. 1x a month should be good, but dag nabbit, that will be a kick arse day. ONLY the line to worry about, no dirt and jumps to hinder me!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I ran a loaner TC5 this past weekend at an outdoor rubber tire event.
Car ran great all night.
It was a low grip surface, which really seemed to suit the car/setup.
Went on to the TQ and win the A, although the event only went as low as a B main, but still, some of the fast guys were out, so suffice to say I was impressed with how the car ran, and that nothing broke or went out of adjustment.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stulec52
I ran a loaner TC5 this past weekend at an outdoor rubber tire event.
Car ran great all night.
It was a low grip surface, which really seemed to suit the car/setup.
Went on to the TQ and win the A, although the event only went as low as a B main, but still, some of the fast guys were out, so suffice to say I was impressed with how the car ran, and that nothing broke or went out of adjustment.
what's your set up? or just the instruction manual set up?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

what's your set up? or just the instruction manual set up?
I don't know his setup, but the out of box setup is a really good starter, you don't have to do any big changes to the setup to make the car go fast...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thank you for your help.

What's the benefit for this setting compare with rebound full length?? And how to build up the shock shaft will rebound 1/4 of the way back out?
To get the shaft to only rebound 1/4, you will need to not use the larger foam in the shock cap. The larger pad causes more and quicker rebound. Use just the small one. If you do that and do not have any air in the shock, it should be close to 25%.

More rebound is typically used in high grip carpet applications, and low to no rebound ideal for lower grip asphalt racing. However I really believe that unless you are a highly skilled pro level driver, you will not notice the difference between 25-50% rebound on the track. Maybe comparing 0-100% you would. The viscosity of the oil I think is more important than the amount of rebound. Just make sure that the L and R shock rebound the same and you should be good.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

I forgot to ask before ordering mine, but what size wrenches do I need, I can not find this info on AE's site. I currently have only 2 metric wrenches (2mm and 2.5, and the ones needed for my Losi 8)
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

youll also need a 1.5 but the little L wrench that comes in the kit should work for you till you get a regular one since the screw you use it on are really just the sway bar screws
Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks. I am just missing a few wrenches from my set; as I order as I need them, but so far the MIP Thorp Wrenches that I have been using take some serious abuse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.