R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #3361
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I meant TC3. LOL Thanks for the info, just couldnt find the old TC3/TC4.

Arent the TC3 and Tc4 final drive ratios the same?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #3362
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodace View Post
I meant TC3. LOL Thanks for the info, just couldnt find the old TC3/TC4.

Arent the TC3 and Tc4 final drive ratios the same?
yup, 2.5
overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #3363
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've been having an issue with launching my batteries from time to time (using deans and GP4300 and IB4200). It's not taking much of a collision to dislodge them either. I'm reluctant to work the chassis to fit batteries much more as I run a couple different cells. I'm using the stock battery strap, and even have tried a bit of thin foam tape on top of the carbon strap. I wiggle them around and they seem tight...somehow the strap is tweaking to let them out or something?? I suppose it could also be the side blocks aren't quite tall enough.

Suggestions?
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #3364
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I've been having an issue with launching my batteries from time to time (using deans and GP4300 and IB4200). It's not taking much of a collision to dislodge them either. I'm reluctant to work the chassis to fit batteries much more as I run a couple different cells. I'm using the stock battery strap, and even have tried a bit of thin foam tape on top of the carbon strap. I wiggle them around and they seem tight...somehow the strap is tweaking to let them out or something?? I suppose it could also be the side blocks aren't quite tall enough.

Suggestions?
Forget about the battery strap and get some of the battery tape that Doug sells. I haven't lost a battery yet!
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #3365
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
Forget about the battery strap and get some of the battery tape that Doug sells. I haven't lost a battery yet!
Ya....Sean told me the same thing last night....guess he thought I'd get a ticket for littering.

I bought some and it is better....but I still prefer to run with the stock strap...I appear to be the minority here. Most people prefer the added chassis flex with tape.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #3366
Tech Master

I'm not sure if the strap reduces chassis flex but if you're not careful it can cause a tweak. Not saying that this is the case with this one, but it can happen.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #3367
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Ya....Sean told me the same thing last night....guess he thought I'd get a ticket for littering.

I bought some and it is better....but I still prefer to run with the stock strap...I appear to be the minority here. Most people prefer the added chassis flex with tape.
It's not any fun if your battery comes out in a qualifier or a main. I tried the strap myself thinking it was an improvement over my Cyclone that only uses tape. After losing my battery during my first practice, the strap is now in my "I'll never use box"!
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #3368
Tech Apprentice

Here some weight infos:

TC-5 Chassis (Kit) 2,5mm: 73 gramm
TC-5 ITF-Chassis 2mm: 58 gramm

TC-5 Top-Deck (Kit): 10 gramm
TC-5 ITF Top-Deck: ? gramm

Now I beginn build the car

Last edited by BigP; 07-20-2007 at 02:00 AM.
BigP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #3369
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

I've read the last 40 pages.....I can get past the fact that this is a carpet car,and I might have to re chassis the car.....

but several people have asked how a 4800 lipo fits,and no answers.....I'll take it one step further...how does the car balance out with the lower weight battery,is(are) there a place to mount screw in weights like the 007 EU......is associated gonna make those weights.....

and lastly,I drive nitro also......I run that car with diffs,I'm gonna run the tc 5 with diffs.........on asphalt......with rubber....and a Bl 4.5.....Am I barking up the wrong tree with this car?......cause I'm not seeing how the diffs are gonna hold up........

also,I downloaded the manual....I did not see any mention of roll center adjusment.....how is this done?......

thank you....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #3370
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry View Post
I've read the last 40 pages.....I can get past the fact that this is a carpet car,and I might have to re chassis the car.....

but several people have asked how a 4800 lipo fits,and no answers.....I'll take it one step further...how does the car balance out with the lower weight battery,is(are) there a place to mount screw in weights like the 007 EU......is associated gonna make those weights.....

and lastly,I drive nitro also......I run that car with diffs,I'm gonna run the tc 5 with diffs.........on asphalt......with rubber....and a Bl 4.5.....Am I barking up the wrong tree with this car?......cause I'm not seeing how the diffs are gonna hold up........

also,I downloaded the manual....I did not see any mention of roll center adjusment.....how is this done?......

thank you....
Well I can help on a few of your ???s

I run mod foam on carpet, and the diffs have been in the car now for 3 days of running. That is 30 + battery packs. I will take them out before I run again to inspect them, but they still feel very good! ( that is running both 5 and 6 cell, 6 and 7 turn brushed and 4.5 and 3.5 brushless motors)
There are 3 different height arm mounts and 2 locations on the bulkheads, for a total of 6 roll center heights.
As for lipos, Rick said they fit, I have not tried.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #3371
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

I ran a lipo in my TC5 last week and it fit like a glove. I liked the feel of the car with the lighter battery (no weight added, I was in a pinch) It seemed to transition smoother and was more stable in the lower traction portions of the track. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #3372
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry View Post
Recent results for asphalt racing have been impressive!!!

The car is great for asphalt as well as carpet You wont be dissapointed!!!
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #3373
Tech Apprentice

Hey does anyone have a handle on how the shock rebound is measured? I see 10% and 25%... but how is that figured.

My car was money with Stellflue's setup at out track. I was setting fastet lap times with no practice.

AE, you guys did a super job with this car!!!

RC8Be - Tekin Rx8 - T8 2050kv - Reedy 4s 5500mah
B4.1 - LRP SXX V.2 - X-12 (8.5) - Reedy 2s 5500mah
B44.1 - LRP SXX-TC V.2 - X-12 (7.5) - Reedy 2s 5100mah
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #3374
Tech Adept

rebound 10 % = 10% of the total travel of the piston rod
nutsisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #3375
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Hey does anyone have a handle on how the shock rebound is measured? I see 10% and 25%... but how is that figured.

My car was money with Stellflue's setup at out track. I was setting fastet lap times with no practice.

AE, you guys did a super job with this car!!!
I think it's the whole length of the shaft outside of the shock body, not including the shock eyelet. So when you compress the shock shaft into the body, if it comes out after full compression one quater of that length then you have 25% rebound.
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote