R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-02-2007, 02:37 AM   #3241
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for the asphalt set-up... will i remove both the foams on top of the bladder or just the big one?

Last edited by highwayman; 07-02-2007 at 03:35 AM.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #3242
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
for the asphalt set-up... will i remove both the foams on top of the bladder or just the big one?
You could remove both, but removing the big one should do just fine.

RC8Be - Tekin Rx8 - T8 2050kv - Reedy 4s 5500mah
B4.1 - LRP SXX V.2 - X-12 (8.5) - Reedy 2s 5500mah
B44.1 - LRP SXX-TC V.2 - X-12 (7.5) - Reedy 2s 5100mah
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #3243
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to piorc

Hey guys, i just ordered my tc5 and have some questions!
What are the parts that brakes with modified motors?
i need to replace usually some part?
some advice on built??
Thanks a lot

Marcelo
piorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #3244
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Well I went to run this weekend for the first time since the Reedy race. It was a small parking lot track but it was smooth and traction was very good. The car was dialed using my Reedy setup and old Reedy tires. I made some small changes after the first round to see if I could get it any better but the sky's opened and rained us out. I'll be going back in 2 weeks to race and test some more.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #3245
Tech Apprentice

Here's a setup question, when the track starts to get greasy from the heat, and the rear end decides that it's time to srart drift racing, what change would you suggest to help lock the rear end back in?

RC8Be - Tekin Rx8 - T8 2050kv - Reedy 4s 5500mah
B4.1 - LRP SXX V.2 - X-12 (8.5) - Reedy 2s 5500mah
B44.1 - LRP SXX-TC V.2 - X-12 (7.5) - Reedy 2s 5100mah
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #3246
Tech Initiate

I have a question regarding something that isn't really covered in the "tuning guide" included in the instruction manual. What does raising or lowering the differentials do? Is this a geometry adjustment (COG, dogbone angle) that effects handling in and of itself, or is this something that goes along with a roll center change?
meinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #3247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinie View Post
I have a question regarding something that isn't really covered in the "tuning guide" included in the instruction manual. What does raising or lowering the differentials do? Is this a geometry adjustment (COG, dogbone angle) that effects handling in and of itself, or is this something that goes along with a roll center change?
I don't know how Associated would answer that question but I would say it effects everything you listed in someway or another. I believe its mostly a COG thing that effects weight transfer and creates traction or less traction depending on setting. It was an adjustment on the "brand X" FK05 that I used to run for awhile. It is a great adjustment on certain tracks and definately should be tested out. I also remember Gil Losi Jr. once talking about driveshaft angles and how they can create forces on the car.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:36 PM   #3248
Tech Initiate

I was definitely thinking Losi regarding the dogbone angles; though I believe they typically used this adjustment fore and aft, rather than up and down. Just seems like a cool option for me to try that I'd like to know more about.

Eric.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #3249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Meinie,

Its has everything to do weight transfer,and when the car will tansition,so the last posting is correct.It's something Xray came up with in the beginning.After all,the car is a blue FK05!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #3250
Tech Initiate

So, for example, a higher diff in the rear would cause weight to transfer more quickly to the front under braking? And vice versa under acceleration?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #3251
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinie View Post

Raising the diff height equates to more traction at that end (either frt or rr), but only under power. But if you go too high at either end, it can make the car erratic to drive. Best is usually:

1. mid high frt and rr
2. mid high frt and mid low rr

That's the simpliest explanation I can give. Hope this helps.

- Leonard.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #3252
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Meinie,

Its has everything to do weight transfer,and when the car will tansition,so the last posting is correct.It's something Xray came up with in the beginning.After all,the car is a blue FK05!
I drove an FK05 for 2 years....I can tell you the TC5 is a lot different and a LOT better than an FK05!!!

EA
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #3253
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

i would ask u all if u ahve the same issue:

1. my rear belt is good and not to stiff (hard)
2. my front belt is in the lose position so hard (stiff) that when i use the ITF Upper and TOP Deck, the complete chassie is tweaked. when i build the diffs out and have no belt in the car, all is perfect. only when i build the diffs with the belts in the car, the car is tweaked.

3. but more less is not possible for the front belt. have anyone of u the lenght of the front belt that u are using, i think mine is little bit to short, one or three tooth i think.

Please help...

Marcel
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #3254
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSilver View Post
Hi all,

i would ask u all if u ahve the same issue:

1. my rear belt is good and not to stiff (hard)
2. my front belt is in the lose position so hard (stiff) that when i use the ITF Upper and TOP Deck, the complete chassie is tweaked. when i build the diffs out and have no belt in the car, all is perfect. only when i build the diffs with the belts in the car, the car is tweaked.

3. but more less is not possible for the front belt. have anyone of u the lenght of the front belt that u are using, i think mine is little bit to short, one or three tooth i think.

Please help...

Marcel
Yes the front belt is very tight when putting it on the first time. IT does how ever free up after running a few times. I have not measured or counted the teeth to see if another brand would fit.

EA
Old 07-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #3255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

how do you guys rise the diffs??

and also the belt tension, i saw on the setup sheet on rc10.com some of the had the front on #10 , while i count the belt tension slots i only count till 8...

thanx
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote