R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #2926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Hey brent i sent you a pm. Can you please give me a responce.

Thanks
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:47 AM   #2927
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmartin View Post
I turned the front diff into a spool and running a 3.5 novak w/ 5cells. running the itf chassis

how did you turn the diff into a spool?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:24 AM   #2928
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

I took my TC5 out for it's (and my) first race yesterday. I got TQ and set my best pace in the main, taking the win. The car ran great all day and I was really impressed with it. I know it made me look WAY better than I really am. Next week I hope to have as good of luck as I did yesterday. Thanks to all who answered my questions. I really appreciate it!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:25 AM   #2929
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
I have run my TC5 for about 2 weeks now, and was wanting to know if you can adjust the diff height on the car. If you can please explain how. Thanks Doug
There are 2 different diff bearing cam holders. One set just has the notches for belt tension the other also has a set of holes in them. They can be put in two ways, with the notches up or down. That gives you 4 possible diff heights.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #2930
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

DOTMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #2931
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
how did you turn the diff into a spool?
What I did is I cut out a piece of sand paper to fit on the ring and I placed the rough side toward the pulley. I also took the diff ball out. The spool should be coming out soon though.

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #2932
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
WOW...one week of the "rednecks" and we have Brent making comparisons to NASCAR!

What is gonna happen after you spend a week in NC at the Truck Nats.?!?!?!?

I was going to compare it to IRL, but I figured even less people knew of that series...lol.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #2933
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here are my outdrives after this weekend.
-
I know the diffs were built right, unfortunately the problem got worse and worse every run and I did not have any spares , so I made the best of it I could. The first time it happened, the diff ring was melted under the plastic.
-
Even so, I had one of the best handling cars on the track, I would come off the track with no diff and the cars was phenominal. I think the car is great, Just the diffs are cheap that come with the kit. I see tower has the aluminum ones, I just ordered them.
-
Anyone else have this happen yet
-
really too bad, everyone was checking the car out.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-dsc00572.jpg   Team Associated TC5-dsc00573.jpg  

Last edited by dbmartin; 06-10-2007 at 03:55 PM.
dbmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #2934
J_P
Tech Addict

Looks like the coms I have seen come out of Meltons motors....lol
Old 06-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #2935
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachRacing View Post
Just so you know the Type-R was actually designed as a CARPET car. This information was from some of the Losi people at the reedy race. The TC5 was sent out as a carpet car as well but has options to make it work for asphalt. No other chassis is offered for the Type-R.

Dont get me wrong Type-R is a good car but you might want to get off that high losi horse your on.

Corey

Sorry it was designed to race on all conditions. Losi has marketed it has a carpet car as it is the biggest market in the US.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #2936
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge View Post
Sorry it was designed to race on all conditions. Losi has marketed it has a carpet car as it is the biggest market in the US.
Well said Todd.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #2937
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmartin View Post
Here are my outdrives after this weekend.
-
I know the diffs were built right, unfortunately the problem got worse and worse every run and I did not have any spares , so I made the best of it I could. The first time it happened, the diff ring was melted under the plastic.
-
Even so, I had one of the best handling cars on the track, I would come off the track with no diff and the cars was phenominal. I think the car is great, Just the diffs are cheap that come with the kit. I see tower has the aluminum ones, I just ordered them.
-
Anyone else have this happen yet
-
really too bad, everyone was checking the car out.
What class were you running your car in? I've only seen this happen to one diff that I have built and that was Pudge's car at the Reedy Race with a 7 turn and 6 cells after 12 or so runs. I helped numerous people at the race with their diff and over 3/4 of them didn't have the diff set tight enough to start.

Once the d-diff rings slip past the notch they build heat and that's what makes them melt in to the base. I hate to recommend this, but I've heard of people gluing their diff rings to the outdrives. If you do decided to do this, I would suggest a medium to thick glue and use it very sparingly.

If you continue to have these problems, the aluminum outdrives will solve the problem. They should be available in 2-3 weeks.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #2938
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge View Post
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #2939
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 View Post
What class were you running your car in? I've only seen this happen to one diff that I have built and that was Pudge's car at the Reedy Race with a 7 turn and 6 cells after 12 or so runs. I helped numerous people at the race with their diff and over 3/4 of them didn't have the diff set tight enough to start.

Once the d-diff rings slip past the notch they build heat and that's what makes them melt in to the base. I hate to recommend this, but I've heard of people gluing their diff rings to the outdrives. If you do decided to do this, I would suggest a medium to thick glue and use it very sparingly.

If you continue to have these problems, the aluminum outdrives will solve the problem. They should be available in 2-3 weeks.
dave was running mod 5 cells with the novak 3.5 and the car ran great very fast!!! just the problems with the diff other than that he was fast !!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #2940
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 View Post
Once the d-diff rings slip past the notch they build heat and that's what makes them melt in to the base.
This is what happened, and once it started it was all over. I ran 2 full practice packs, coming on and off trying setup changes and then after my first race, it felt like the the diff spun loose around the 3.5 minute mark and was toast at the end of the race. I started using card stock glued to the diff rings to lock the front diff, but it too spun loose and that is how it got damages, also in the same race. I ended up using the o-rings in the front diff to l lock it and it worked great after that.

I was running gtb 3.5 5 cell geared around 8.63. The car carries a lot of speed and was great on-power. Like I said earlier, the car was awesome and I am very happy with the purchase. Just wish I had another diff to install, but I didn't anticipate the problems.
-
I was the only one runing the car, but there was some buzz/curiosity with it.