Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jsaves
hey,
Have any of you regular joes ran the car on carpet yet?
I am going to Josh Cyrul's Track this weekend, I will post more next week!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbmartin
Got the ITF chassis today, , my lhs came thru last minute for me, as i am heading to daytona for a race this weekend.
-
Just gotta rebuild the car w/ the new chassis now and I'll be ready to go.
-
btw, are any of the florida team drivers gonna run the new car ever?
ie. ruona or mitch? haven't seem them run on road in a couple of years
-
Chassis changeout was really easy, Here is a pic I took w/ the chassis off
Cool, is that how we should run the car if we want heaps of chassis flex?

I'm glad it's an easy replacement what's that, you must have removed about 16 screws. That's pretty good. You could do that at the track. I'm waiting on my ITF chassis but I think I will keep using the standard chassis as the car was amazing to drive, then change in a couple of months to completely annihilate the competition ...
Old 06-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
hey,
Have any of you regular joes ran the car on carpet yet?
I ran it last sunday, pretty good on a pretty green track. I fooled around a little, but I'm thinking the car might like fairly light dampening in the back. It was pretty darn good though for straight out of the box. I did run 30lb front springs and 25 lb rear just to start, as I ran foam. The rear spring might need to be like a red or something closer to 20 lb though.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I finished assembling my TC5 and it was pretty straightforward - this is also my first attempt at building a car kit. I've pretty much purchased used cars in the past. This car is amazing. I'm extremely happy with the quality of the parts and I love the way the car drives.

I'm a little confused with FDR. I'm running a 13.5 BL system and I have a FDR of 4.8 If I go to a FDR of 4.5, does the torque increase and I lose top end?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by home13oy75
I finished assembling my TC5 and it was pretty straightforward - this is also my first attempt at building a car kit. I've pretty much purchased used cars in the past. This car is amazing. I'm extremely happy with the quality of the parts and I love the way the car drives.

I'm a little confused with FDR. I'm running a 13.5 BL system and I have a FDR of 4.8 If I go to a FDR of 4.5, does the torque increase and I lose top end?
Good to here you like the car. As for you FDR question, you are backwards. The 4.5 FDR will give you more top end speed and less punch out of corners than the 4.8. This means the motor turns 4.5 times for each time the drive train rolls 1 whole revolution.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Must be a big track but to answer your question it goes the other way.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Dag B. you jumped right on that!!

Rod
Old 06-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for answering my question so fast. I'm trying to get my car ready for a parking lot asphalt race. This is my first race ever so I'm still learning how to setup the car. This is actually a really small technical track. I would say that the straightaway is about 70 - 80 feet. Do you think the FDR might be too low? Should I go up to maybe a FDR of 5.0 - 5.2?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Well B.?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RKeasler
Dag B. you jumped right on that!!

Rod
I try to help. Anybody down at Carolina have the TC5 yet? I wish he would re-pave the onraod track like he did the oval. If he re-paved I could probably (considering hasn't been on East Coast since '05) get him the nats for 08. Maybe you can drop that bug in his ear next time your there. I'll come run before long with you guys, is everything still brushed or mixed?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for answering my question so fast. I'm trying to get my car ready for a parking lot asphalt race. This is my first race ever so I'm still learning how to setup the car. This is actually a really small technical track. I would say that the straightaway is about 70 - 80 feet. Do you think the FDR might be too low? Should I go up to maybe a FDR of 5.0 - 5.2?
Well, my only brushless experience has been with a 3.5 and 4.5 motor, nothing with 13.5 so unfortunatly I can't offer a good recommendation. Hopefully someone can jump on and set ya straight before your race. Not sure how much you have for tuning parts, but for parking lot racing, you will find the car to handle much better with softer springs and lesser weight front oil. The kit comes out of the box with an ideal set-up for high grip carpet racing with foam tires.

See if you can get some silver, blue, and gold springs. If it's an untreated pavement, green springs may even be good for the rear for added traction.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mi2dude
found another issue this morning.....

Fitting a ko 2174 servo doesnt fit the car.I take it only servos listed in the manual fit the car?
Hey there, Just wanted to let you know that I was able to mount my KO 2173. I believe that are about the same size as I also have a 2174. All you have to do is grind one of the servo mounts and that should be it. I used a dremel. hope this helps..
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Brandon,
Right now it is a mix, mostly 13.5s. We are working on a paving solution hopefully soon. Couple of us raced at the Sugarbowl in Georgia I ran mod down there (need brushless for that for sure), the track is so big it works well for me, really nice track. Really looking at a new car TC5 is one but I am waiting to see how it runs after people have had it a while.

Rod
Old 06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

It's a untreated pavement. Basically a parking lot that they placed a track on. I basically setup the car by following the setup sheets on AE's website. I'm running 40wt oil all around with blue in the front and silver in the back. I did a few practice runs and the back end would kick out coming out of a slow turn if i gave it a lot of throttle. I changed the rear springs to green and it felt better but it still kicks out a little. Do you think I should drop the shock oil weight in the rear to 30 weight?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

My guys have been been around 5.1 0r 5.2 FDR for around 100 ft. straight you could probably use 5.2 to 5.5 or so no problem.

Rod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.