Tech Master

Cool. Didn't know that.
E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #2867
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
$350 was at the high end 4-5 years ago, but this is the deal of the century right now. Not to mention the parts $5.99 for the spool, like $6 for a pair of arms. Hard to go wrong here, my friend.
I think Tower may have had their website incorrect. The spool is not $5.99. The price I just found on their site is $22.79. However, compare that to other companies and it's still very competitive.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUT4&P=7
Old 06-08-2007, 11:03 AM   #2868
Tech Master

yup...I got the old manual....but I just printed up the new one....thx

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #2869
Tech Master

I think the manual could use more verbiage for the inexperienced builders that may buy the kit. I mean the illustrations are great, but words to assist the pic's would be good.
E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #2870
Zio
Tech Rookie

I just ran my TC5 for the first time maybe 20 minutes ago.

Boy is it fast! I was really concerned with the belts binding the drivetrain up a bit but when the car is in motion. I didn't have anything to worry about, it's super smooth! I think I have the suspension set up still too hard, the car seemed quite bouncy on asphalt. It was ridiculously fast, faster than my nitro on road car. I'm use to a lot moreweight. I really had to baby it.

I think I'm giving up on nitro after running my TC5. I didn't complete one battery and must have been out for over a half an hour.

I had something happen that has never happened to me before...

The car ran for a good 20 minutes perfectly, then the car's throttle stopped responding for a quick second and then came right back up. It continued to do this until I just gave up and went in. Do you guys think my speed control is getting too hot and choking or something?

In all, I love my new TC5!!! Great car!
Zio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #2871
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer
Thumbs up

I just wanted to post on here since I have recently been added to the strong AE team and I will be here along with Brent, Rick, Walter, Brandon and EA to answer question you may have about the new car.

I just finished to build the car and I was impressed on how easy the car is to build and everything fits perfect. I can't wait to put the car on the track and have some time on it.

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #2872
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Carpet?

hey,
Have any of you regular joes ran the car on carpet yet?
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #2873
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
350 is a low man ...... $125 dollars less than the new rdx phi .... $50 less than the MI-3 $75 cheaper than the Type-R

Parts are cheap as well

And they havent stopped making the parts for the FT TC4 or even TC3

What could they possibly do to make a low budget TC5 ? Low budget cars are tub chassis cars.... You cant have your cake and eat it too..
What about whena racer feels that he needs to get the chassis/deck for asphalt? What competitive racer won't spend the extra money for those parts. Just to have every possible advantage. Doesn't that bump the price?
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #2874
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
What about whena racer feels that he needs to get the chassis/deck for asphalt? What competitive racer won't spend the extra money for those parts. Just to have every possible advantage. Doesn't that bump the price?
No, that doesn't bump up the price at all. Not everyone races asphalt, I do, but how is that the same thing. When I bought a T2 007 us edition for carpet, I would have been in the same boat. Only worse, for one a 3.5mm chassis on the xray compared to 2.5mm on the associated. New top decks needed for both. But do you want to know where the biggest difference is, check out the prices.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #2875
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainracer View Post
I just wanted to post on here since I have recently been added to the strong AE team and I will be here along with Brent, Rick, Walter, Brandon and EA to answer question you may have about the new car.

I just finished to build the car and I was impressed on how easy the car is to build and everything fits perfect. I can't wait to put the car on the track and have some time on it.
Wow, cool deal. When you get a feel for the car feel free to post some setups and race experience. When's your first race with the car?

Steve
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #2876
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:

Congrats Keven. Hopefully see you soon, if not then in Vegas.
Johnny Carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #2877
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Got the ITF chassis today, , my lhs came thru last minute for me, as i am heading to daytona for a race this weekend.
-
Just gotta rebuild the car w/ the new chassis now and I'll be ready to go.
-
btw, are any of the florida team drivers gonna run the new car ever?
ie. ruona or mitch? haven't seem them run on road in a couple of years
-
Chassis changeout was really easy, Here is a pic I took w/ the chassis off
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-dsc00556.jpg   Team Associated TC5-dsc00557.jpg  

Last edited by dbmartin; 06-08-2007 at 03:52 PM.
dbmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #2878
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zio View Post
The car ran for a good 20 minutes perfectly, then the car's throttle stopped responding for a quick second and then came right back up. It continued to do this until I just gave up and went in. Do you guys think my speed control is getting too hot and choking or something?

In all, I love my new TC5!!! Great car!

Either the speed controller needed to cool some or maybe something in the motor. Both things can seem similar to someone without electric experience.

BTW, as tempting as it is to run that long please be carefull about temps on your motor and speed controll. Like maybe run a 10 minute run then wait a few minutes for everything to cool down a bit.

Steve
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #2879
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

corally man- Yes, I will definitely post my impresion on the car and what I come up with. My first race will be the Roar Nats in July.

Johnny - Thank you, we will probably see each other at some point this summer as I will be in Toronto the whole summer so I will be at Fastcats often !

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #2880
Tech Regular

Quote:

Welcome Kevin, You will a great asset to the team!!!