R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #2806
Tech Adept

Hey team guys, do you know if the associate part #6575 T-nut and diff bolt for the TC3 steel diff assembly would work with TC5? The bolt is the same length and the T-nut looks like it would work. If they would work, you wouldn't have to mess with trying to get the stock nut seated in its holder.
Cyclone Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #2807
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

UPDATE!

Associated TC5 1/10th Electric On-Road screw kits are now in stock!

Associated TC5 1/10th Electric On-Road 153-piece high grade 12.9 alloy steel socket head screw kit. Kit includes all

applicable cap, flat and button head screws, as well as nuts, washers and set screws.

Note: The kit does not include the diff bolt and nut (size is not listed).

Thanks and best regards,
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #2808
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Charlie View Post
Hey team guys, do you know if the associate part #6575 T-nut and diff bolt for the TC3 steel diff assembly would work with TC5? The bolt is the same length and the T-nut looks like it would work. If they would work, you wouldn't have to mess with trying to get the stock nut seated in its holder.
Yes, it fits!
JuhoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #2809
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

hey guys decided to get one of these beasts....

one issue i have one diff is slightly notchy, so i have taken the balls out of it and tightened it up to use as a spool.

but the main is the belts are so damn tight, i have tried the differerent positions and it dont do too much.

any ideas
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #2810
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2dude View Post

one issue i have one diff is slightly notchy, so i have taken the balls out of it and tightened it up to use as a spool.

but the main is the belts are so damn tight, i have tried the differerent positions and it dont do too much.

any ideas
The notchy diff is kind of odd as all the diff's I built were butter smooth and stay that way for a long time.

yes the front belt is tight. I run mine in the loosest position (notch all the way toward the front on both sides). It will loosen up a bit once its been ran a few times.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #2811
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

I decided to use a 64p spur / pinion gear set. but when i put the spur on, i noticed that the spur wobbles when you turn it. I looked closer, and the screw goes into the center pulley teeth. when I backed the screw out, it was hitting on the top deck. any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #2812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC View Post
I decided to use a 64p spur / pinion gear set. but when i put the spur on, i noticed that the spur wobbles when you turn it. I looked closer, and the screw goes into the center pulley teeth. when I backed the screw out, it was hitting on the top deck. any suggestions?
Make sure that you are using the correct screw for the spur gear. It is a 3x5mm and not the longer 3x6. It is very easy to accidentally grab the slightly longer one. If you have the correct screws it could be possible that the spur is too skinny, those that are made by Xray for example are, I believe, thinner than the Kimbrough that the kit comes with. Hope this helps!

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #2813
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Make sure that you are using the correct screw for the spur gear. It is a 3x5mm and not the longer 3x6. It is very easy to accidentally grab the slightly longer one. If you have the correct screws it could be possible that the spur is too skinny, those that are made by Xray for example are, I believe, thinner than the Kimbrough that the kit comes with. Hope this helps!
thats exactly what I did lol.. i got it now...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #2814
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC View Post
you either used the wrong screws or need smaller ones for the different spur.
Maybe put in a few washers?
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #2815
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default First race

I ran my TC5 in its first race last night and I am very happy with the car. It drove very smooth and predictable and was responsive to changes. I am running foam tires on high grip (sprayed) carpet and I love this car. I didn't win the first race with the TC5 but I sure had a big smile on my face.

If you are considering getting a TC5 I can't imagine that you would be disipointed.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #2816
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Brent... A friend says that this is you using a 'unique' line at the Reedy Race... It looks like a TC5.... Do you remember this??
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-reedy%2520race%2520crash.jpg  
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #2817
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
Brent... A friend says that this is you using a 'unique' line at the Reedy Race... It looks like a TC5.... Do you remember this??
I had a crash similar to that...lol. But nope, that's not me. That is a heat of invite, plus it looks like a Phi to me...especially around the motor.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #2818
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian K View Post
Hi, Brent

Instead use the Associated Silicone Grease (#6636)on front diff, can i use the front diff with 1/8 out setting; a bit tighter than the rear(1/4 out), what is better way?

By the way could you post here the setups (power values) of Sphere TC you used on Reedy Race 2007?

Thanks a lot,

Fabian Kaloustian

Brazil
Hey Fabian,

Yes, you can adjust the diff to 1/8th out with the silicone grease...I wouldn't go much tighter though.

As for the Sphere Comp settings I ran 2/4/1/2. I also had my expo on both the throttle and brake at -10%. This just gave a bit better feel.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #2819
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2dude View Post

any ideas
I've seen the notchy diff before, usually it's a bad diff ball.

Yes, the belts are a bit on the tight side when they are new. Just remember that when the notches are pointing towards the center of the car, the belts get tighter and when they point away they get looser. Now that I have some running on my car I have my front belt one notch from the loosest and the rear belt two notches from the loosest.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #2820
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 View Post
I had a crash similar to that...lol. But nope, that's not me. That is a heat of invite, plus it looks like a Phi to me...especially around the motor.
It is not a Phi.... it appears to be a 5 cell only chassis. The car speeding away from that one, Number 14 is however Simo's Phi.

It is one ugly body crunch whoever's it is.

Jeff
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote