R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #2686
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tower had them in stock, mine got shipped out to me on thursday. I should have the chassis and the top plate either tuesday or wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmartin
has anyone found the front arms in stock anywhere, Also does anyone know if the itf chassis/top deck are set to arive before next weekend, I have a 2 day race coming june 9th/10th and would hate to break an arm and be out of luck, plus I have a nice tc5 built, but have not mounted the parts to the chassis yet as i am hoping the itf arrives in time, both are on order among other parts from my lhs.

Thanks in advance
bretzkej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:33 AM   #2687
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Well, it took all night, but I got the car into roller. looks like I am going to have to drill an extra hole for the servo mount so that my low pro KO servo will fit in there. anyone else having servo fitment issues? or am I just being a noob again?
K_Spec_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #2688
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSilver View Post
Hi Brent,

thanks for the Picture where i can see how i install the O-rings.

On this Pic i can see some intersting settings and i think that other guys will know it also.

1. Why is Juho using the TC4FT CVA bones?

2. Why is Juho using the TC4FT Rear Hubs? I have some of 3 Racing (Alu)here, it make sense to use this ones? Becouse they have more steps for different settings.

3. Why is Juho using the TC4FT Steering block?

4. is it better to have the reciever on the right site, where the batteries are located?

5. Is Juho using the thick Stock Chassie on this PIC?

When Juho is reading this here, i think he will answer all my questions :-)

Thanks guys for the great Support, i think we all will love this car :-)

Greetings,
Marcel
I was using the TC4 parts because we didnt have any spares yet and I broke some of my production parts
The TC4 parts fit with small modifications so I used the ones from my protype. If you change the rear hub, for example, you also have to change the CVD, bearings and diff as the new ones dont fit.

At the Reedy race I used all production parts, the prototype stuff was only used at LRP Masters.
JuhoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #2689
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC View Post
Well, it took all night, but I got the car into roller. looks like I am going to have to drill an extra hole for the servo mount so that my low pro KO servo will fit in there. anyone else having servo fitment issues? or am I just being a noob again?
I put the same servo into the car, and had to make another hole as well. I think that they could make one of the servo holes a slot and it would be better for a variety of servos.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #2690
Tech Regular

I also run the koPropo lowprofile servo and had no problems fitting it in with the stock holes. post a pic and we can help further.

Quote:
walterhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #2691
Tech Regular

Quote:
There's enough slop in the holes on the servo to mount the LP KO servo. All you need to do is tighten the front mount on the servo with it pulled away from the servo case. Leave the back mount loose and bolt in the servo. Then tighten the screws on the servo at the rear. Fits just fine this way.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #2692
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Fabian K

Please could you help me ,

I know that the mount shims on rear arm mouts makes the Toe In adjustment also, but on the front I beleive is for track width also , i want to know if for example;if i use 2 deg shim on rwd arm mount and no shims on rear front arm mounts i will have 2 deg toe in(of corse with O deg rear hub) and some track width???????maybe 190mm? in the front to make/have this same rear track width i need put the shims on fronts arm mounts or no?

Thanks a lot,
Fabian

ps: i did not receive mine TC5 yet(i just want this answer just to save some time building the car ok) Its coming, GREATTTTTTTTTT CAR congratulations TEAM ASSOCIATED awesome car!!!!!!!

Thanks again to Curtis and Brent T to help me again on my doubts
Fabian K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #2693
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

I'm running a JR4570 servo and instead of drilling a new hole I rounded the servo mounts to bring them closer to the servo case.
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #2694
Tech Regular

yes and no- Yes you will have 2* rear toe per side. However you don't have to widen the front. You are still avg. the same width. The front of the tire will be narrower and the rear of the tire will be wider.
From what i have been told by my teammates that are running rubber tires on asphault, they are not widening the track width, With the exciption of rear toe.
On carpet with foam tires we have been using a wider track width on the front and the rear. I have been running 2mm on both the front and rear arm mounts of the front arms. And 1.5mm in the front of the rear and 3mm in the rear of the rear, giving 1 1/2 * of toe per side.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian K View Post
Please could you help me ,

I know that the mount shims on rear arm mouts makes the Toe In adjustment also, but on the front I beleive is for track width also , i want to know if for example;if i use 2 deg shim on rwd arm mount and no shims on rear front arm mounts i will have 2 deg toe in(of corse with O deg rear hub) and some track width???????maybe 190mm? in the front to make/have this same rear track width i need put the shims on fronts arm mounts or no?

Thanks a lot,
Fabian

ps: i did not receive mine TC5 yet(i just want this answer just to save some time building the car ok) Its coming, GREATTTTTTTTTT CAR congratulations TEAM ASSOCIATED awesome car!!!!!!!

Thanks again to Curtis and Brent T to help me again on my doubts
Old 06-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #2695
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterhenderson View Post
yes and no- Yes you will have 2* rear toe per side. However you don't have to widen the front. You are still avg. the same width. The front of the tire will be narrower and the rear of the tire will be wider.
From what i have been told by my teammates that are running rubber tires on asphault, they are not widening the track width, With the exciption of rear toe.
On carpet with foam tires we have been using a wider track width on the front and the rear. I have been running 2mm on both the front and rear arm mounts of the front arms. And 1.5mm in the front of the rear and 3mm in the rear of the rear, giving 1 1/2 * of toe per side.

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot,

By the way let me see if i understood,

for Rubber on Asphalt best use;
your tip is I do not need put shims on both fronts arm mounts ,i just need put on rear rwd arm mount to make rear toe in , thats right? with this configuration the track width will be the same front/rear, or almost ?
or maybe front just a little bit narrow? ,or whatever better for use?

Thanks a lot,again

Fabian Kaloustain
Old 06-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #2696
Tech Regular

Yep, you got it.

Go to the associated site(rc10.com) and look under support-setup sheets-TC5 and all the setups are there from the RROC.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #2697
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterhenderson View Post
Yep, you got it.

Go to the associated site(rc10.com) and look under support-setup sheets-TC5 and all the setups are there from the RROC.
Yes, I saw, by the way i am a distributor from Associated in my country, and also you can see me on race report section on AE website and on setup sheet for NTC3

Thanks a lot again for your great help, Walter,

Fabian
Old 06-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #2698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's enough slop in the holes on the servo to mount the LP KO servo. All you need to do is tighten the front mount on the servo with it pulled away from the servo case. Leave the back mount loose and bolt in the servo. Then tighten the screws on the servo at the rear. Fits just fine this way.
Thanks man, did that and it worked like a charm Just ran the car around in front of the house. it was insane. even with the stock setup the car was drilled to the pavement. I'm taking it to the track tomorrow to test some different setups. should be fun. Thanks to those who helped this poor pitiful noob
Old 06-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #2699
Tech Master

gotta question for Team A....

is the hardware all metric??? or is there a mix...

for example....are the ballstuds metric?

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #2700
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
gotta question for Team A....

is the hardware all metric??? or is there a mix...

for example....are the ballstuds metric?
Everything is metric.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote