R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2007, 01:19 PM   #2596
Tech Regular

What this car needs good support for setups. The best website for support by far is the X-RAY site. You can do a search of setups from the team and anyone else that wants to upload one. Without support from the factory team drivers the average racer will have a harder time getting a well engineered car working to its potential.
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:25 PM   #2597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Associated will have plenty of set ups and tip on their web site soon enough just will take a few more weeks to get the stuff put up. They had all kinds for the previous cars.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM   #2598
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
What this car needs good support for setups. The best website for support by far is the X-RAY site. You can do a search of setups from the team and anyone else that wants to upload one. Without support from the factory team drivers the average racer will have a harder time getting a well engineered car working to its potential.

This is a start http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/0setups_tc5.htm

I am sure the more wheel time this car gets in production form the more set ups you will see.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #2599
Tech Master

just looking through some pictures of the Reedy race and check this out

http://jbphotography.smugmug.com/gal...157255085-O-LB

Cavileri body, I may be crazy here but look at the front wheel wells. looks as though the body was mounted/ pulled quite a bit forward. Any comments on why or how this could effect handling?
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #2600
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

OK i'm a noob to onroad.. but i picked up two new kits tc5 and losi type r. I was going to run tc5 on carpet and losi type r on indoor asphalt.... However my losi kit came with two right front bulkheads, so i wont be finishing that car to race on asphalt this weekend

However, whats the real difference? The type r has a carbon chasis, and two diffs, not a spool, yet it comes out of the box with asphalt set up instructions as well as carpet? What's the difference between it and the tc5 thats carbon with two diffs? Its seems that everywhere i see about the tc5 its people having to wait for the itf chasis and spool, which arent out yet?

What am I missing? I know it has to be something, the cars seem to have the same working parts, but no one is bringing up issues racing the losi car on asphalt out of the box.

Will i muck up my tc5 if i race it on asphalt out of the box?
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #2601
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF
I think I read that some guys are use the sandpaper pads from Losi. If those do not fit you could use your own hand cut sandpaper or even a header card to make your own spool.

The advantage of the sandpaper is that it will have some give when you hit something.

The rough side will go against the pulley.

E
losi sandpaper pads work great, will have to check tightness first couple of runs, or you can drill out and put bolt through, quite a few people were doing this at reedy, spools should be out pretty soon
i am cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #2602
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemix
OK i'm a noob to onroad.. but i picked up two new kits tc5 and losi type r. I was going to run tc5 on carpet and losi type r on indoor asphalt.... However my losi kit came with two right front bulkheads, so i wont be finishing that car to race on asphalt this weekend

However, whats the real difference? The type r has a carbon chasis, and two diffs, not a spool, yet it comes out of the box with asphalt set up instructions as well as carpet? What's the difference between it and the tc5 thats carbon with two diffs? Its seems that everywhere i see about the tc5 its people having to wait for the itf chasis and spool, which arent out yet?

What am I missing? I know it has to be something, the cars seem to have the same working parts, but no one is bringing up issues racing the losi car on asphalt out of the box.

You can race both the TC5 and JRX-S Type R on both asphalt and carpet. Both cars are capable on both surfaces. There is no reason you can't run your TC5 box stock on asphalt. People recommend the spool and ITF, but they are not "necessary." Just run it and have fun.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #2603
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
You can race both the TC5 and JRX-S Type R on both asphalt and carpet. Both cars are capable on both surfaces. There is no reason you can't run your TC5 box stock on asphalt. People recommend the spool and ITF, but they are not "necessary." Just run it and have fun.

Thanks juan!
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #2604
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemix

Regardless of the chassis stock or IRF, you can adapt any car to the race surface. It's all going to be in the setup, I'm sure the thinner chassis would make things easier. Personally I have no plans on getting the irf chassis, will it affect how the car runs?? sure! but I can adjust in the setup. Remember the old yokomo chassis (YR4 M2 & Type J I believe) everyone said it was too thin and flexed too much, so we stiffened it up by adding posts, some peeps even doubled the chassis. Even Schuie had a thicker chassis... Ahhh the trends

rap66@rcracing.com

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #2605
Tech Regular

This looks great.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
This is a start http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/0setups_tc5.htm

I am sure the more wheel time this car gets in production form the more set ups you will see.

Later
Kevin Boyle
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #2606
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB
just looking through some pictures of the Reedy race and check this out

http://jbphotography.smugmug.com/gal...157255085-O-LB

Cavileri body, I may be crazy here but look at the front wheel wells. looks as though the body was mounted/ pulled quite a bit forward. Any comments on why or how this could effect handling?
It gives more front end grip.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #2607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

I just saw a TC5 first hand. Wow...it looks a lot nicer than what the pics on AE website and magazines show. THe car looks refined and polished- it looks elegant, yet simple and very open and easy to see everything. Its very light, too...I think Im going to pick up one...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #2608
Tech Regular

What would you guys suggest running for stock high grip asphalt... spool or oneway?

the tc5 is gonna be one kick ass car!
rematch batteries
RCpurplecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #2609
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
What would you guys suggest running for stock high grip asphalt... spool or oneway?

regardless of car I always like a one-way unless the conditions spin the car like a top with it....

but I am also not a driver who likes to use brakes like crazy...so it can depend on driving style

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #2610
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpurplecow

Like Sean said, depends on driving style, I like to start with a spool and get use to the car and it's handling then try a one way, for my driving style (brail ) a one way dosent always work with the track