R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #2581
Tech Addict

The car comes with 48 pitch, 87 tooth spur. Final drive is 2.0, so most guys run a 112, 114, or 116 for 64 pitch.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #2582
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk
You might want to turn the brown nosing down a notch. You defened your previous sponsor soo much that this makes you looks stupid.

The belts give you rip? I always thought it was the hingepins that gave you rip? If its the fibers that make a belt have "rip" then the Losi Type-R must have the most rip of any car casue I do belive that the belts on the Type-R have no fibers.

I am interested in buying one of these cars but with misinformation like this Its hard to belive anything that is said on this thread.
That's the way to make a first impression, Insult one of the most well Respected guy's on this forum. Your really trying to make freinds here, aren't ya.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #2583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry Who is this jerk anyway?

Quote:
You might want to turn the brown nosing down a notch. You defened your previous sponsor soo much that this makes you looks stupid.

The belts give you rip? I always thought it was the hingepins that gave you rip? If its the fibers that make a belt have "rip" then the Losi Type-R must have the most rip of any car casue I do belive that the belts on the Type-R have no fibers.

I am interested in buying one of these cars but with misinformation like this Its hard to belive anything that is said on this thread.
What a frigin rookie!!
You obviously know stupid looking in the mirror so much! Your avatar is obviously an excellent self portrait! Right?

Keep your lame opinions to yourself! Oh, and go back to the hole you crawled out of!
Just my 21/2$
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #2584
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower
What a frigin rookie!!
You obviously know stupid looking in the mirror so much! Your avatar is obviously an excellent self portrait! Right?

Keep your lame opinions to yourself! Oh, and go back to the hole you crawled out of!
Just my 21/2$
Oh im sorry I didnt know I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion on this forum. Eventhough 99 percent of the posts on this website are opinion.

Go back to driving your Tao5 with your M8 and stay out of the big boys conversation.

I was simply trying to say that saying belts give a car rip is insane. If your belts are holding you back on any car I think it is time to replace them. EA will change his tune on the belts being the casue of his rip when he gets outmotored by Micro or someone on the Xray team next time he races on carpet. No car gets build up running a couple times on carpet, it takes time as things wear out and get scuffed up rubber/foam sticks to that stuff.

Everyone's gotta hate the guy that calls a butt kisser out on something that is true. Don't hate the play hate the game.
Mr. Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #2585
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Oh im sorry I didnt know I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion on this forum. Eventhough 99 percent of the posts on this website are opinion.

Go back to driving your Tao5 with your M8 and stay out of the big boys conversation.

I was simply trying to say that saying belts give a car rip is insane. If your belts are holding you back on any car I think it is time to replace them. EA will change his tune on the belts being the casue of his rip when he gets outmotored by Micro or someone on the Xray team next time he races on carpet. No car gets build up running a couple times on carpet, it takes time as things wear out and get scuffed up rubber/foam sticks to that stuff.

Everyone's gotta hate the guy that calls a butt kisser out on something that is true. Don't hate the play hate the game.
Again its pretty obvious that you are someone who THINKS they know everything and dont really have a clue and dont want to use your real name as then everyone will really be laughing at you more then they already do

And as for the belt thing your still in idiot and dont have a clue moron. Not sure where you get the butt kisser part....I have just been answering questions as I have always done.

Get lost looser

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #2586
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Dont be Gay
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #2587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did anyone else have to drill out the holes for the antenna mount?

I finished the car last night and took it for a test drive. It drives pretty nice, but I think I need to find a shorter servo horn. I had to turn my steering down to 50% to keep it from going to full lock in both directions. If i use a shorter servo horn I will be able to use more of the servos travel and get some of the torque back. The TC5 launches very straight which is something I am not used to after driving shaft for many years. Can't wait to get this thing on a real track!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #2588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was just looking at putting this on the car last night and noticed the same thing.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:48 AM   #2589
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufman
Did anyone else have to drill out the holes for the antenna mount?

I finished the car last night and took it for a test drive. It drives pretty nice, but I think I need to find a shorter servo horn. I had to turn my steering down to 50% to keep it from going to full lock in both directions. If i use a shorter servo horn I will be able to use more of the servos travel and get some of the torque back. The TC5 launches very straight which is something I am not used to after driving shaft for many years. Can't wait to get this thing on a real track!
Yes the antenna mount holes are something that is being addressed in the 2nd production run along with a few other small items that were overlooked.

Yea I noticed how much throw the car has as well. I think that if you change certain settings such as ackerman location and such you will need more throw. I would rather have more than enough throw and turn the EPA down that to not be able to get enough. The car does drive very straight and the new plastic ball cups have a lot less slop than previous ones too!! After a full week at the Reedy race my steering is still as slop free as can be.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #2590
Tech Initiate

Hi. EA. do you prefer oneway or spool with 19T motor. I know with mod always with spool. But I'm confused with 19T.
Also, do you know when will europe get the first shipment of TC5, thx. I'm looking forward to race it.
B-day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:22 PM   #2591
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yes the antenna mount holes are something that is being addressed in the 2nd production run along with a few other small items that were overlooked.

Yea I noticed how much throw the car has as well. I think that if you change certain settings such as ackerman location and such you will need more throw. I would rather have more than enough throw and turn the EPA down that to not be able to get enough. The car does drive very straight and the new plastic ball cups have a lot less slop than previous ones too!! After a full week at the Reedy race my steering is still as slop free as can be.

EA
Cool i am not the only one with a antenna mount problem. at first i thought i had the wrong screws.
Any yes, compared to my tc4 this thing drives stright. pretty much point and drive. I dont know if my crappy setup on the tc4 was the cause of driving all over the place, but the 5 just drives great!

So can anyone give me any tips to make my diff into a spool?

[HOTBODIES] [SPEED PASSION]
---------------------------------------------------------
overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #2592
Tech Master

why is it that these new rides are coming out such as the TC5 and MSXX, without having any parts support? Is it just me or wouldnt you like to buy a new chassis and be able to get spares and upgrades (spool, oneway) for it when it's released?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #2593
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
why is it that these new rides are coming out such as the TC5 and MSXX, without having any parts support?
I guess "any" is a little harsh, how about Limited parts support
Old 05-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #2594
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
why is it that these new rides are coming out such as the TC5 and MSXX, without having any parts support? Is it just me or wouldnt you like to buy a new chassis and be able to get spares and upgrades (spool, oneway) for it when it's released?
I'd imagine that's it takes more time to do both. make parts for kits and repairs. I suppose that it could be done though. The impact would be that it'd take longer to get the kits out.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:57 PM   #2595
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by overflow
Cool i am not the only one with a antenna mount problem. at first i thought i had the wrong screws.
Any yes, compared to my tc4 this thing drives stright. pretty much point and drive. I dont know if my crappy setup on the tc4 was the cause of driving all over the place, but the 5 just drives great!

So can anyone give me any tips to make my diff into a spool?
I think I read that some guys are use the sandpaper pads from Losi. If those do not fit you could use your own hand cut sandpaper or even a header card to make your own spool.

The advantage of the sandpaper is that it will have some give when you hit something.

The rough side will go against the pulley.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote