Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 05-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

I'm a Losi fan and always will be but let me tell you guys that it is great that AE is going all out with this belt car!!! It will only help the sport. I come from the old days of offroad and it was always Losi or AE in the fight. I want that tradition to continue. Just think what NASCAR would be if Ford or Chevy dropped out. Not to mention the fact I hate seeing these "metric" cruisers going so well at the track! LMAO I hope you guys get your belt cars soon and that they meet your expectations. Later

Brant
Old 05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAL
Yeah THANKS! Now AE's marketing is gonna jot that down.

Ever notice how a 400-500 kit price is "ok" now. When was that ok to charge for a kit. I remember the FTTC3 being 250 and thinking holy *&%^! I know, I know..its the aluminum parts and carbon fiber CNC chassis...etc. But still.
No doubt.... If your bustin' your a$$ on a day-to-day basis to run these things it wouldn't hurt if the pricing fell a bit more within reason. I almost bought a new FTTC4 based on it's pricing but sorta' glad I didn't later. If AE puts this thing out with a reasonable price, quality on par with the other top cars, and, um, yeah the price coming in around say LESS than 400+ I would be all about it. This car is gonna make a big difference for AE if they put it out, imho... especially if the quality is t2/rdx/cyclone level but priced better.
I mean, you KNOW that parts support is always good from AE; just time to step up build quality. I'm bout' it.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

They are some groovey looking arms . Does any one know when the next outing with the "TC5" will be? or will Craig etc keep using it for now?

Willz
Old 06-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The pricing has not really had any influence on the top cars mentioned. They still seem to sell. If Associated makes a car that is just as good, why drop the price under the cars that can sell at that price?

Don't get me wrong, I love to save pennies everywhere I can, just not if it compromises the quality of the car.

Good advice given a long time ago about this hobby. "Buy cheap, you buy twice".
Old 06-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Jeeeez, talking about pricing when the car is still ''100% Prototype''

Don't give them any ideas...
Old 06-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Another point,

Cars that are in prototype stages are not allowed to be run at the worlds?

Heard that somwhere but not sure if it is correct?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thats not true at all, the JRXs ran at the last worlds more than 6 months before it was released.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Good point
Old 06-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I believe IFMAR rules are anything goes as far as prototypes, but you are supposed to tech your car and then they mark it with a sticker or paint. If you damage a chassis then I think you have to prove damage and go through tech again after gaining approval.

Steve
Old 06-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scho
Another point,

Cars that are in prototype stages are not allowed to be run at the worlds?

Heard that somwhere but not sure if it is correct?
only stock class has rules like that - at least ROAR does...i remember the big noise that was being made when the new losi came out and the last ROAR nationals...
Old 06-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Thats the one... i know there was some kinda rule againt it.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

K-Bo,

How are you doing?? Going to the Express Race for some Mod Action???

Drop me a line @ [email protected]

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ahsikes
The pricing has not really had any influence on the top cars mentioned. They still seem to sell. If Associated makes a car that is just as good, why drop the price under the cars that can sell at that price?

Don't get me wrong, I love to save pennies everywhere I can, just not if it compromises the quality of the car.

Good advice given a long time ago about this hobby. "Buy cheap, you buy twice".
Look at the HPI Pro 4 for instance. In some places it is around $250 compared to a $280 FT TC3 or $400 Tamiya Evoultion. It was a good car with decent parts but many people liked that it was well priced. As anything else, technology over time makes innovations more affordable as time goes on. I'm just crossing my fingers that that time is now and AE will coninue it's fair priced approach but again, not sacrifice quality. I doubt they would want to sacrifice the integrity of a brade new car which is going to hopefully carry AE back into the old TC3 days when nothing could touch them.

I do agree that if it comes between price and quality, I'm gonna save my pennies a little bit longer and get the current spec of craftmanship and durability.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane
I doubt they would want to sacrifice the integrity of a brade new car which is going to hopefully carry AE back into the old TC3 days when nothing could touch them.
It was the only thing available besides the yokomo, that's the only reason it was good.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Punched, you are forgetting the HPI RS4, FSR Bullet, Losi Street Weapon....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.