R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #2341
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bandit
Ummm, that's not playing fair Just because yours has arrived doesn't mean that you can or should brag by putting up all those pics

Seriously though. The pics are cool, thanks. New shock design looks good. I might say that the set up sheet looks futuristic...

Hopefully a week away for me. I'm Australian but ordered mine form Steve at Losi Parts House.

This anticipation is making my palms sweaty.

Should have gone local mate. Ace Hobbies had them over a week ago. I know that Trackside RC has them in stock right now!!!

Here's a pic of mine. Enjoy. I have also done a report on this site.

- Leonard.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #2342
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachRacing
So here's my first question while building the kit. Are the pistons I have for the rest of my AE cars the same as the ones in the new kit? I put the calipers on a #3 in the new kit and a #3 that I had and they were a little different. Is this how it is? Do i need to wait until I can get new pistons?

Corey
Hey Corey,

The hole size in the #3 piston is the same as the old piston. The outter diamter is just a slight bit bigger on the new ones. The old ones will work fine and that is what the team guys are using for the most part on asphalt (#2's). The new pistons are made by Thunder tiger as well as the other parts.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #2343
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig
Roach that is funny. I think it is safe to say that Yeti is having fun.
I always mess with Roach, he is an AE guy and obviously from my sig I am a Losi guy. I never even paid much attention to the car and only made that comment for Todd Hodge said to me in a converstation how he thought it looked like an Xray. I have just been buggin Roach ever since that. I do own one AE car but don't use it anymore, a 12L4. So that should get me a little respect.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #2344
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hobbypeople.net has them in stock $359.99

I still have mine ordered through tower. If I dont her something soon, I will cancel and get one from them. They are in CA and have plenty of them.
bretzkej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #2345
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ultimatehobbies.com has them for $325 and in stock.
bretzkej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #2346
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Have you all noticed that AE is actually bringing the price of the TC5 back down to earth. Kudos to AE! Hope other manufacturers will follow.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #2347
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Corey-
You kill me I was at Jeff's this afternoon and he said he saw you at the distributor as well. I could have bought the one at Jeff's but I thought I don't need another car. Besides I had my TC5 for awhile now, it's called a 007' made in Slovakia, I think the TC5 is a replica (007') but made by Thunder Tiger in China. JK! I've always ran AE and I'm excited about the new car. I'm just upset that it's taken them sooooooo long to come out with it. Years ago AE ruled the sedan world and now they've come back with a revised car that looks great. I guess the good thing is that they make a lot of RTR's but don't really push of FT line of things. See you on Sat.!!!!!!!
Yeah I am still doing good with my old AE car so this should be much better! See ya on saturday. You need to get a 18r, then you wont have too marshal anymore!
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #2348
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Corey,

The hole size in the #3 piston is the same as the old piston. The outter diamter is just a slight bit bigger on the new ones. The old ones will work fine and that is what the team guys are using for the most part on asphalt (#2's). The new pistons are made by Thunder tiger as well as the other parts.

EA
Thanks Eric.

I used the calipers on them and they were different thickness and diameter. but it makes sense having thunder tiger doing them. The plastic is a different color too. One thing that bugged me was the fact that the pistons didnt snap off the tree like the old ones. I had to do some major trimming.

Corey
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #2349
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer

Does the TC5 us metric screws on the axles?
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #2350
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Should have gone local mate. Ace Hobbies had them over a week ago. I know that Trackside RC has them in stock right now!!!

At least mine will be newer than yours when it arrives. Pretty lame argument I guess. Oh well. Look forward to reading your report.

Waz.
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #2351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tower has them in stock right now! just ordered mine NDA shipping

I am gonna be in trouble tomorrow
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM   #2352
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

more build pics!
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #2353
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We should have them by the end of the week.

Has anyone run in to any problems with building at all? How is the quality of the parts?

Thanks
Brad
Old 05-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #2354
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

tower is picking/packing mine now should have it by friday
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #2355
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375

Here's a pic of mine. Enjoy. I have also done a report on this site.

- Leonard.
I wanted to tell you I read your TC5 report and I thought it was great! It was very informative and should help in my decision to buy the car.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote