Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
Juho will you be at the reedy race ?
Yes.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #2132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Should be very intresting to see you try for 2 in a row .
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #2133
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Should be very intresting to see you try for 2 in a row .
Yeah Hopefully I'll do better than usually. I always have the worst luck at the RROC...
Old 05-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #2134
Tech Elite

The new car is gonna chance your luck
Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #2135
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just buy the ITF chassis and sell the new stock chassis on eBay. You will come close to breaking even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacabrandy
You know, I think AE is a great manufacturer of very competitive chassis be it road or dirt, but what really get's me is over the last 2 models TC$ and now TC%5, they produce the car and then immediately it requires another chassis purchase making it even more ridiculously expensive.

Can anyone please give me the reason a manufacturer or AE credability can't seem to produce a finished chassis and be done with it. Why is there the AE chassis and then the ITF chassis that a driver will have to purchase to be competitve, can't they just release it with the bloody better chassis like all the other manufacturers do, or at least try to.

Don't get me wrong, I am an AE fan, I just can't understand the chassis crap.

By the way the new TC5 looks and appears to be very competitive. Congratulations to AE, maybe in the future I'll come back to the fold.

Cheers
Aaron
bretzkej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #2136
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

from what associated told me today, they are shipping out parts and kits on May 19/20/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thachowman
what about the release of the rest of the spares , belts arms etc, great news that they're almost ready, I order mine last week, can't wait... But now it looks like I need to order the ITF chassis earlier than first thought..
bretzkej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #2137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Juho, I realize you are laying down huge power, but I'm wondering what kind of wear you see on the outdrives or dogbone pins when running the spool. I've never used a spool before, but I heard a mod driver say that he replaces pin-caps (XRAY) every few races because they wear out.

-Adam
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #2138
Suspended

Were's Rick?
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:42 AM   #2139
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
Juho, I realize you are laying down huge power, but I'm wondering what kind of wear you see on the outdrives or dogbone pins when running the spool. I've never used a spool before, but I heard a mod driver say that he replaces pin-caps (XRAY) every few races because they wear out.

-Adam
I dont have the production spool yet so I dont know how the wear is with that. The CVD's hardly wear at all as they are steel. The diff outdrives seem to stay in shape too.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 AM   #2140
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhoL
I dont have the production spool yet so I dont know how the wear is with that. The CVD's hardly wear at all as they are steel. The diff outdrives seem to stay in shape too.
thatīs sounds great !
i going to buy 2 cars when it come out.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #2141
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzkej
from what associated told me today, they are shipping out parts and kits on May 19/20/21

Very good news

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #2142
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To run on rubber asphalt, it's not just chassis/2nd deck problem, but also diff/1way/spool problem. Just see T2'007 than you get the idea.

I think it's all about where the primary market is for 1 company. If you see Tamiya and other JP EP maker, all their top class product come with flex chassis, front 1way. That's because their primary market is Japan, where virtually all EP racing running on rubber asphalt. Such setup works for EU as well as EU generally use the same setup for rubber asphalt. But everyone know how JP stock car works on foam carpet, it doesn't work. Xray, on the other hand, is aiming both EU and US market, therefore they cameout with 2 spec with 2 different setup. IMO that's the smartest way to satisfy both market, and everyone in Asia running T2'007 is running with EU spec, I never see anyone running US spec, as it doesnt work.

I do understand why AE doing 1 spec car and doing it with US spec (less-flex chassis, front diff). However, if AE every want to be popular in EU and Asia, IMO, they need to get 2 spec just like Xray did for T2'007. Samething apply to Tamiya, Yokomo, HB.

When the car kit cost about the same, where TC5 require you to buy extra ITF chassis, 1way/spool for rubber asphalt, but the other car kiet (TA05MS, 415MSXX, T2'007 EU spec, Cyclone Hara/Andy, BD Masami) come with everything you need to run on rubber asphalt. You know what you should pick.

Just my 2cents.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #2143
Tech Elite

I am sure they will popular all over the world why you ask ? PRICE

This car getting put on the market with an amazing price. Not to mention the spares ( with and equally nice price ) will probably be stocked at most hobby shops. I think they did it the right way. They need to rebuild there customer base and offering a carpet foam tire ready car kit is a great start.

Prices are rising on there cars and to hit this price point is amazing.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #2144
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso
To run on rubber asphalt, it's not just chassis/2nd deck problem, but also diff/1way/spool problem. Just see T2'007 than you get the idea.

I think it's all about where the primary market is for 1 company. If you see Tamiya and other JP EP maker, all their top class product come with flex chassis, front 1way. That's because their primary market is Japan, where virtually all EP racing running on rubber asphalt. Such setup works for EU as well as EU generally use the same setup for rubber asphalt. But everyone know how JP stock car works on foam carpet, it doesn't work. Xray, on the other hand, is aiming both EU and US market, therefore they cameout with 2 spec with 2 different setup. IMO that's the smartest way to satisfy both market, and everyone in Asia running T2'007 is running with EU spec, I never see anyone running US spec, as it doesnt work.

I do understand why AE doing 1 spec car and doing it with US spec (less-flex chassis, front diff). However, if AE every want to be popular in EU and Asia, IMO, they need to get 2 spec just like Xray did for T2'007. Samething apply to Tamiya, Yokomo, HB.

When the car kit cost about the same, where TC5 require you to buy extra ITF chassis, 1way/spool for rubber asphalt, but the other car kiet (TA05MS, 415MSXX, T2'007 EU spec, Cyclone Hara/Andy, BD Masami) come with everything you need to run on rubber asphalt. You know what you should pick.

Just my 2cents.

Lets suppose you race foam tires on carpet during winter and rubber tires on asphalt during summer. You need to get the kit (~350$) ITF chassis and topdeck (~90$) and a spool (~10$). You end up at about 450$. Lets say you need a oneway too, which people rarely need, youre still below 500$. What other brand can match that?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #2145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Quote:
I am sure they will popular all over the world why you ask ? PRICE

This car getting put on the market with an amazing price. Not to mention the spares ( with and equally nice price ) will probably be stocked at most hobby shops. I think they did it the right way. They need to rebuild there customer base and offering a carpet foam tire ready car kit is a great start.

Prices are rising on there cars and to hit this price point is amazing.
I totally agree. I will be running my TC5 on rubber asphalt with the stock chassis to start and upgrade to the ITF chassis when I can afford it. I have no problems with this because the TC5 has such a great price when compared to any other car on the market. Also, parts support is going to be a given. The Hobbytown near me still stocks parts for the TC3 and many other older Team Associated kits. Since AE is based in America, offering a kit that comes out of the box to run on carpet is a great idea. I personally cannot wait untill the TC5 comes out. I will be impationtly awaiting the arrival of mine