Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #166
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
RAL,

Thanks for the info, I am hoping the car will be out by the winter. I would rather be on rubber tires and asphalt but in the NE foam and carpet rule the winter.

TC5 is cleaner but being a belt car they may change it up a bit.

MX-51/Brent T.

Were you running the new car or your FT TC4????

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
I run neither car...I was just a spectator at the race supporting some friends that were in open mod and 19T. Maybe I'll put the TC5-BD (or whatever they're going to call it) on my christmas list.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #167
RAL
Tech Elite

TC5-BD isn't a good name though because it implies that there is another version such as a SD like yokomo has done.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:35 AM   #168
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL
TC5-BD isn't a good name though because it implies that there is another version such as a SD like yokomo has done.
The name is not important... the only question is : When ?
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:42 AM   #169
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When someone other than Associatted makes a belt drive conversion kit for the FT TC4. Maybe Losi?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Just hope the car will hit the shelves by Christmass. They have plenty of test time with the Nats and Worlds this summer

Later,
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:36 AM   #171
Tech Initiate

I hope the new Belt Asso comes this summer:-) the tc4 ft isn´t good for Stock i think. i also think that a conversion kit isn´t good, the chassieplate from the tc4ft is to flat at the rearend, so if u want make a setup with soft springs and a high of 5mm the plate scrape on the asphalt. i hope they make the chassieplate smaller. and i hope they make a another internal gear ratio, i think 2.0 is the best.
sorry for my english, i do my best:-)
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #172
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If they have the new car out by Christmas it will be a miracle. Remember the TC3 missed the release date by a year, and the TC4 was also late. It takes a lot of work to get a new car to production, and they will have to start from scratch with a belt drive car. They don't want to release an inferior product, and you guys won't be happy if they did. (well, some of you will be happy, it will give you something to flame about)

Case in point the X-Ray T2. A great car, but the initial run had one production problem, and look at the grief they got.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #173
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to buzz06

good things come to those who wait
buzz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Jiml,

I am sure AE is well aware of those short comings and did not plan on them happening with the TC3 or the TC4 When making a new car there are several things can go wrong and push back a release date.

I am sure they will do what they can to get the car out if it does make it to our LHS. Maybe Barry can shed some light on how the car was to drive this past weekend?????

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #175
RAL
Tech Elite

yeah also you have to remember that they must have been working on this skunk works project for some time before the Reedy, in order to have a design that would compete with the top contenders. Its not like they just started this now because we happen to see/hear about it. But yeah they will keep it under wraps until its "proper." From a business standpoint, Christmas release is a good strategy for the toys/hobbies market. That gives them about 6 moths total to get them out to distributors in a kit form. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Then again I have no idea what the turn around time in the RC world on manufacturing.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #176
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well could you guys at least get a video of it running so some of us could sees exactly how fast this thing is.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #177
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Check the Reedy thread. Presumably, that race that Barry won was with the prototype.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Teching these cars were easy... they passed all the time!

Yup, I'm one of the lucky few that actually held the cars... worked tech for two days at Reedy, and it was a blast! I was so tempted to get a snap pic, but the AE guys were on the watch every second they were on tech... all I can say is that the car is close to 100% prototype. I didn't notice anything "borrowed" from other cars or even the TC4. Looks like some parts are made of white delrin (arms were of white material too.)
eeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #179
Tech Fanatic

Ok for all you people wanting to know out there in the R/C world.......

The Car is absolutley 100% prototype......

We are going to continue to test and come up with the best car we can produce....meaning that the consumer will be very satisfied......

Now the car itself runs great....very easy to drive...very good traction

Bob and all the guys in R and D busted their butts to have the cars ready for us to race...And they drove great.....

Everytime I hit the track with the car it had a different set up on it....we are all trying to learn the car..definatley a different driving feel from a shaft car...The set up that both Craig and I ran in the Last run of the race were the same and both of us thought the car was very good then...so its a great starting point from the next time we hit the track....

There is always more things to learn about the car....But I PROMISE....

When the car hits the shelves at your LHS NOONE and I mean NOONE will be dissapointed!

Hope that gives a drivers insight to whats comming,

see ya at the track,

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #180
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Barry.. Will it look anything like the one here...

PS: Great job to all on the new car..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC

Last edited by John Tag; 07-08-2008 at 06:54 PM.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote