R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 AM   #1711
Tech Master
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,013
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
No worries here, it is not a pain in the a$$ as you fear. If you have a ball end 2.0 hex it's real easy. I used to own a FK05 so I know what your talking about, but this car is much easier. There are enough holes in the bulkheads for easy access. I have changed some and never pulled a bulkhead nor got close to swearing words in the process .
As was stated above, the design was taken into account and was done so that ball end hex driver could access the screws easily without removing bulkheads...
__________________
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // XP Digital // Parma PSE // Integy
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #1712
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
No worries here, it is not a pain in the a$$ as you fear. If you have a ball end 2.0 hex it's real easy. I used to own a FK05 so I know what your talking about, but this car is much easier. There are enough holes in the bulkheads for easy access. I have changed some and never pulled a bulkhead nor got close to swearing words in the process .

Have you had to bow up on it over your knee to fix tweak?!?!



That, and KT's car bursting into flame... WOW

DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:50 AM   #1713
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Brandon,


How was the car to drive over the TC4?


Thanks

Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #1714
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Brandon,


How was the car to drive over the TC4?


Thanks

Kevin Boyle
Very nice. This car doesn't have to be driven 110% like the TC4 does. Very easy to work on. Hinge pin mounts can be changed without pulling bulkheads, diffs not hard to get to, etc. During heats and practices I took some pretty good shots with other cars and walls and it never through the tweak outta wack, which was nice. I did not change TONS on the car because I wanted to maintain drivability, and with as little practice as I put on it, didn't have time to get crazy or take chances with set-up during the heats. I will be honest, the car wasn't quite as fast as I could make it with testing time, but it drove like a dream, really smooth, which let me run for 5 mins in the mains with no mistakes and take advantage to improve my position. In 19T the car was mirroring the laps of the leader (Hudy) in the main, but too much carpet seperated us as he TQ'ed and got out front. Can't wait to put one together for the Reedy race.
__________________
Team Associated~Reedy~Werks Racing~Pro-Line~Competition Suspension Inc.~Schelle Racing Innovations
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #1715
Tech Fanatic
 
B4Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia. St Ives RC Club.
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Well done Team Associated at the Snowbirds. A great show for a new car

I can't wait to get a TC5 and sink my teeth in really, really deep. Problem is, I love my my FTTC4... I guess that may be a sign of my inexperience with TC racing. I never had the issues that some people had, but then again, a lot of people seem to have issues with everything. Easy solution is to upgrade my fiance from TB-02 to the FTTC4 with a spare car as parts for her and then I buy the FTTC5 and wear a smile from ear to ear while racing with my love!

One question: What are the basic general differences between a rubber tire and foam set up, considering that they are both run on medium traction asphalt at the same temperature. I guess spring rates and oil viscosity? Does suspension geometry come into it at all?

I usually run rubber but was given some foams so I will try them out.

Cheers for any advice
B4Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #1716
Tech Addict
 
kdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 599
Default

The hole in the side of the bulkhead is there for manufacturing. It helps to clear chips out when they are tapping the holes from the top. Good eye!
__________________
Chief Engineer, Schelle Racing Innovations, SchelleRacing.com - Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Sanwa - MIP - StickyKicksRC - UpGradeRC - Darkside Designs
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #1717
Tech Addict
 
fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Auckland NZ
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub
The hole in the side of the bulkhead is there for manufacturing. It helps to clear chips out when they are tapping the holes from the top. Good eye!
Cheers!! I saw it was under that screw but never thought of the tapping chips problem.
__________________
Slavich Design
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:47 AM   #1718
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 43
Default

Hi all,

anyone know what from the TC4FT is compatible with the TC5?

I wanna sell my TC4FT and have many Spare Parts, wich ones can i hold in my BOX for the TC5???

Greetings,
Marcel
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:02 AM   #1719
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

I think the sway bar mounts are the same.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #1720
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 301
Default

There won't be too much the same. Some of the diff. parts will be the same(rings, balls, bolt and spring). Body posts, Motor screws-LOL

Everythingelse is all new! Most all of the hardware will be metric(2mm) so your 5/64 wrench will work.
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED==REEDY==LRP==FACTORY TEAM==COMPETITION ELECTRONICS==JACO RACING TIRES==SPEKTRUM==DYNAMITE== PROTOFORM==KIMBROUGH==REILLY PAINT WORKS==Sxt
walterhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #1721
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 301
Default

All of our cars were very good at the birds. We did have some rough racing luck however ( some was self induced-LOL ).
Rick came up with a really good setup and we all worked toward it or switched to the complete setup.
As a team I think the race was a great success. We are moving foward and gaining by leaps and bounds at every event.


Walter
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED==REEDY==LRP==FACTORY TEAM==COMPETITION ELECTRONICS==JACO RACING TIRES==SPEKTRUM==DYNAMITE== PROTOFORM==KIMBROUGH==REILLY PAINT WORKS==Sxt
walterhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #1722
Tech Apprentice
 
gofastrlbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Greenville, S.C.
Posts: 78
Send a message via Yahoo to gofastrlbrown
Default TC 5

I am with you, I hope the FT version is out fast. I cannot wait to see what they got this time. As for the other model cars they seem to be harder to get parts for. I am prety new with 2 years experience, but I still like Oval racing better. Gofast
gofastrlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #1723
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastrlbrown
I am with you, I hope the FT version is out fast. I cannot wait to see what they got this time. As for the other model cars they seem to be harder to get parts for. I am prety new with 2 years experience, but I still like Oval racing better. Gofast


the factory team version is the version that will hit ... i have talked to bob a few times about the car and he never mentioned a word about any other version other than the fact that the kit will be ready to run foam tires out of the box.

which would mean to me that one way and thin upper deck would be option parts for the car.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #1724
Tech Fanatic
 
Nexus Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Very nice. This car doesn't have to be driven 110% like the TC4 does. Very easy to work on. Hinge pin mounts can be changed without pulling bulkheads, diffs not hard to get to, etc. During heats and practices I took some pretty good shots with other cars and walls and it never through the tweak outta wack, which was nice. I did not change TONS on the car because I wanted to maintain drivability, and with as little practice as I put on it, didn't have time to get crazy or take chances with set-up during the heats. I will be honest, the car wasn't quite as fast as I could make it with testing time, but it drove like a dream, really smooth, which let me run for 5 mins in the mains with no mistakes and take advantage to improve my position. In 19T the car was mirroring the laps of the leader (Hudy) in the main, but too much carpet seperated us as he TQ'ed and got out front. Can't wait to put one together for the Reedy race.
C'mon...you can handle 110% .
Cool, you're goin to Reedy ! Me and Kumpol should be there as well.
__________________
NEXUSRACING.com
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #1725
Tech Regular
 
T1Raycer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 304
Default

can some tell me how much inch between de top of the chassi to thew bottom of the top deck????

it seem a litle too high for me???

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net