Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #1696
Tech Fanatic

Rojna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #1697
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
you get 3-4 pro setups on AE's site. Hot Dog! I'm sure one of those will work for me.
I think this fits the off topic religious peeps... Lets keep thsi to the TC5. No flames please.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-3lineblackpt0.gif  
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #1698
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Nice car AE. I'm pretty happy with my current ride, but if it means getting DaveW back out to the track, I'm all for the new TC5. I'll even throw in two free pimp slaps!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #1699
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin
Nice car AE. I'm pretty happy with my current ride, but if it means getting DaveW back out to the track, I'm all for the new TC5. I'll even throw in two free pimp slaps!
When Dave gets his car, he'll be begging Debbie's to stay open late for more practice hours .
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #1700
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead
I see there is a small hole in the rear bulkheads (and front too) just in front of the diff that appears to be there for a reason, could anyone tell me what they are for??
Most likely it's for checking the left/right balance of the car. You string a fishing line through both ends and suspend the car, then you can move your electronics around to get it balance.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #1701
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom
Most likely it's for checking the left/right balance of the car. You string a fishing line through both ends and suspend the car, then you can move your electronics around to get it balance.
No the holes in the bulkheads not the shock towers
Old 02-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #1702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin

Good stuff. I tried the other car (XRAYT2) it was nice but... just not for me. I WILL be whippin the TC5... hopefully by this winter my 1:1 car project will be close to a stopping point and i can spend some time racing R/C again. Next spring itll be some 1:1 auto-x, and an engine rebuild/boost after the season, i just wanna see what i got behind the big steering wheel. I look forward to rubbin fenders with ya again Tony. Youre grrrEEAAAT!

Um, on topic, the TC5 looks niiice. I cant wait to get my hands on it. Word on the street is it will also protect us AE lovers from meteors... any verification on this claim guys? Thanx in advance.

DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #1703
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AETC5
I think this fits the off topic religious peeps... Lets keep thsi to the TC5. No flames please.

Nice!!!
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #1704
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

rcknight. you are nowhere near a pro so you cant use the only "4 pro set-ups available" you are not allowed to drive the tc5 because it is too much car for you to handle. when you grow up and learn how to set-up your own car instead of relying on other peoples set-ups then maybe you will be worthy of owning one. until then take your overpriced xray and go away. noone likes you
Old 02-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #1705
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness
rcknight. you are nowhere near a pro so you cant use the only "4 pro set-ups available" you are not allowed to drive the tc5 because it is too much car for you to handle. when you grow up and learn how to set-up your own car instead of relying on other peoples set-ups then maybe you will be worthy of owning one. until then take your overpriced xray and go away. noone likes you
Amen to that
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #1706
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Quote:
AETC5, I think this fits the off topic religious peeps... Lets keep thsi to the TC5. No flames please.
I have seen a similar comic but it referred to athiests and their religion, LOL.

Most Athiests don't even know they have one, but they work so hard to promote belief in nothing it can't be anything but fanatical non religious people, ROFLMAO!

Bottom line, to sum up the majority of the intraweb...

If you aren't doing school work and your on the internet, your most likely trying to prove to someone you are right and they aren't...Haha.

Just look at where a thread about a toy race car has gone to? One guy hates a car because he bought a different one, others are so in love they can't stand the thought of someone not thinking the same way. The smart people are just reading these threads and not posting in them, so i'm not very smart.....apparently.

I mean, the car isn't even out and has only been driven by about 5 people, yet it sucks "AND" it is the best car in the world already.....hmmmmm.

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #1707
Tech Elite

wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 AM   #1708
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead
There's the first thing I've found that I don't like about the TC5. The arms bolt on from INSIDE the bulkheads. Xray used to do this then they realized it was a PITA and fixed it. If you can access the rear hinge pin mount it will not be as bad. If not, the means you break an arm and the whole side bulkhead has to get pulled.

But I'm sure Kevin will get on here and tell me why it's ok and give me a pep talk about how wonderful everything is. I can feel the sunshine travelling up my leg already...

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:25 AM   #1709
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
There's the first thing I've found that I don't like about the TC5. The arms bolt on from INSIDE the bulkheads. Xray used to do this then they realized it was a PITA and fixed it. If you can access the rear hinge pin mount it will not be as bad. If not, the means you break an arm and the whole side bulkhead has to get pulled.
No worries here, it is not a pain in the a$$ as you fear. If you have a ball end 2.0 hex it's real easy. I used to own a FK05 so I know what your talking about, but this car is much easier. There are enough holes in the bulkheads for easy access. I have changed some and never pulled a bulkhead nor got close to swearing words in the process .
Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 AM   #1710
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
But I'm sure Kevin will get on here and tell me why it's ok and give me a pep talk about how wonderful everything is. I can feel the sunshine travelling up my leg already...

dr_hfuhuhurr

Very nice I started laughing about that LOL Just wheel the car and believe.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote