R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #1666
Tech Regular
Default Another Update

Well we're through 3 rounds of qualifying and things are looking promising.

Juho was on a TQ pace by 2 seconds in 19-turn and got tangled with Ralph Burch and sent over the pipe and had to be marshalled back...he lost about 3.5 seconds and is a little over a second off TQ in 3rd place overall. In modified, he had two breaks in round 1 & 2, so today's heat was all about the re-sort. He should now be in the "B" re-sort.

Joel was in the first qualifier for 19 turn and had to just survive the heat to move to a better re-sort for the 4th round. He'll be wicked fast and has a good chance to stay on pace with his AE/Reedy/LRP team mate Juho. In modified he jumped in to 7th place, a little over a second from 3rd overall.

Craig wasn't able to improve his 19 turn time due to a tucked body on lap 1. In modified he was moving up in the "A" qualifier, but had some issues with traffic and didn't improve his time. He had passed eventual heat winner, Barry Barry on the track 3 minutes in to the run after starting 9th in the heat. Barry is now 8th with that run.

Rick has been steady and fast, just a few hang-ups here and there. In 19 turn he had either a cell fall off or the motor went. He lost over 3 seconds in the last 10 laps alone, just due to power. In modified, he's been fast but traffic has been gnarly. Cars are bouncing all over the place and a good run requires a bit of luck...so far he hasn't had much of that.

Both Eric and Walter are running well. They just need to keep it clean for 5 minutes and they also have a shot at the mains.

I've heard from more than one competetor that the AE cars all look really good. We've been able to learn from these past few races and apply that across the team and we are having success.

Brandon Melton is running the car in rubber tires and is currently in the 19 turn main and the top of the "B" with only 1 qualifier in stock. His car has looked good, but with such limited time on the car and the first time racing rubber tires on carpet it's a bit tough to jump right in.

On a quick sidenote, Marc Fischer is running brushless in 1/12th scale and killing it. Dumas is close, also with brushless, but doens't have the speed Marc does. Walter Henderson is holding on to 3rd overall with a brilliant run in round 2. I wish J.O.B. were here...this is his type of layout and with the LRP brushless he'd have the speed to compete with Fischer.

...that's all for today.
Brent Thielke - Associated Team Manager
** AE Forum - www.aeforums.co.uk **

Last edited by 51; 02-09-2007 at 02:00 PM.
51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #1667
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Brent!
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #1668
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thank you for the candid report. I wish other teams gave that sort of insight into how things are going, it's extremely interesting to hear about these things from someone on the inside.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #1669
Tech Rookie

Right back at you slappy! Tell my overseas bitch// no excuses
J.O.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #1670
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All I want to know is...

Where&when is rubber asphalt spec coming out?
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #1671
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Alex, you let me know how many preorders you have lined up.

Originally Posted by FroBoy
blah blah blah
Better yet, let me know how many are on the track at the end of the year.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #1672
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

After seeing the car and what it can do on the track I would be surprised if you do not see quite a few of these on the carpet as well as the asphalt for a very long time. You now that AE did their research before releasing this car after the TC4 incident.

Their are several people at our track that are going to try this car.

Alex will you have your car for the race at the Hobbyplex?

CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #1673
Tech Fanatic

Are the screws & BB metric like on the RC8 ? or are they standard SAE size ??
Rojna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #1674
Tech Addict

The good news is that you can build almost the entire car with 1 wrench (5/64" a.k.a. 2 mm), which 99% of racers in the US and Europe already have. It is metric as far as the bearings and screws.
Chief Engineer, Schelle Racing Innovations, SchelleRacing.com - Team Associated - Reedy - JConcepts - Sanwa - MIP - StickyKicksRC - UpGradeRC - Darkside Designs
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #1675
Tech Regular

Well qualifying is now over...things turned out okay for the Team, but could have been much better.

Juho drove awesome today. He was on TQ pace in 19 turn and lost it right at the end of the run. In modified it was the same, but he backed down after 3 minutes to just put it in the main.

Joel was running fast in 19 turn, but just couldn't put 5 minutes in clean. In modified he was on a TQ pace for the first 2 minutes, made a few mistakes, got hit by some backmarkers and wound up a few tenths out of the main. He qualifed 10th, so he got the "BQ Screw". He managed to win the "B" final, holding off serious charges from Marc Fischer and Ray Darroch. After the run he found a setting that was incorrect, so his car should be much better for the main.

Craig led the 19 turn "B" main for 3 minutes, but got collected with Todd Hodge and fell back. In modified he had a rough start in the "B" final and was involved in what appeard to be a "DUI"...lol.

Rick was on an "A" main pace in 19 and modified, but caught the chicane wrong and broke in both qualifiers. The pipes here are pretty bruital and you must be fully committed going through a few key sections.

Both Walter and Eric put it in the show for 1/12th scale and if they keep their heads together have a great shot at the podium. Lots of people are dumping in 1/12th, so finishing strong is a must...just like always.
Brent Thielke - Associated Team Manager
** AE Forum - www.aeforums.co.uk **
51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #1676
Regional Moderator
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Unless Brent sends a lowely Nebraska team driver a car within the next two weeks I probably won't have the car until fall . There's only a month left before offroad season, and I'm content with what I got.
Team Losi Racing, Spektrum, Dynamite, Thunder Power, HobbyTown USA Hobbyplex

Proud member of the Scale Hobby Interest Team!

FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #1677
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I noticed the TC5 comes with a battery strap in the kit.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #1678
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

Originally Posted by syndr0me
If that price is right, this is going to be a very competitively priced kit when it's all said on done.
Indeed, but AE are now playing catch up, and unless the car proves itself competitive early on, racers will pay more to have proven cars. (imho)
stulec52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #1679
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to gofastrlbrown
Default TC 5

What happened to all the ignorant people that said there would not be a TC 5. I agree with an earlier statement that if you do not like AE, why are you on this forum. They have forums for your make of car also.
gofastrlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #1680
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

the car has already proven itself. look at the snowbird results. right on pace with xray. go ae.
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote