R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 PM   #1531
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

i think that tc is going to die off due to the enormous price tags... and you cant say im wrong about the price.
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #1532
Tech Initiate

Default n tc5?

tonyph. rick. junho. 51 any word on a nitro version . AE 4 ever.
nteec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #1533
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nteec3
tonyph. rick. junho. 51 any word on a nitro version . AE 4 ever.
Nitro cars are so different than electric that any new AE 1/10 nitro TC would be its own car, not a version of the TC5. As for plans for one, I have no idea. Sorry
Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #1534
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can't wait to get the car. AE has a long tradition of solid engineering and innovation, I'm sure the TC5 will do just fine in the hands of the average Joe as well as the Pro. Sure the TC4 was a bit rough, but it's hard to complain about a company with such a proven track record.

Being an engineer, I appreciate well designed parts...I still look at the B4 and T4 and just marvel at the thought that went into part design on those cars. The design was so simple...and it worked. Hopefully the engineers/designers that worked on those chassis still work at AE and helped out with the TC5 and RC8.
morosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #1535
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morosis
Hopefully the engineers/designers that worked on those chassis still work at AE and helped out with the TC5 and RC8.
Ummm...there's only one guy designing this car.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #1536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I'm not going to rip on AE too hard on the AE thread, but realistically.....

As far as perfection out of the box, I remember a few running changes on the TC3. Things like droop screw chassis and arms added in later after the initial run. Also a couple other minor updates. Even the off road stuff has updated parts, so no perfection, but a definate desire to make it perfect or as close as possible as issues or desired improvements arise. Things like taller inner ballstud mounts on the B/T4, steering spindles on the T4 truck, ballstuds with bad threads, gas truck hinge pin retaining screws, etc. This kind of thing is normal, but AE is smart enough to quietly make the change without renaming the car and having a new box, LOL.

That way you don't develop a rep for making mistakes or always selling new kits.

I run all their cars though, so with experience in all the popular brands, I am happy with my current equipment and what AE offers, just not into the walking on water level though.

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #1537
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Ummm...there's only one guy designing this car.
Not sure where you get your news, but i bet its located in a forum. And in terms of product development, rarely does one individual design an enite product in a vacuum. Next your going to tell me the industrial designer did all the work too... Granted, AE is a small company, but I'm sure Cliff and his staff had design input on a project of this magnitude. (I'm not saying being a Sr. Design Engineer for a large CM makes me an expert, but....oh wait, I am an expert.

Maybe Rick H., Richard S., or Brent T. could pipe in and comment on who designed the car. It's always interesting to hear about the developement and who/was is involved.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #1538
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I personally can't wait for the new car to come out. They just hit a little road bump with the TC4 trying to make it competitive and entry level at the same time and that wasnt a huge success. AE will come back on this one and keep up with the top of the line tourers.

You never have only one person design a car. Influence and other opinions help significantly.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #1539
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

All it takes is for 1 person to sit behind a computer and a ton of other people to give him ideas to use along with his own ideas as well. They go out and test those ideas and come to a conclusion. So it is safe to say that one guy had an idea and shared it with everyone else and then went back and made the changes based on the testing.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #1540
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Second, we have ONE designer on this car. He is making this his priority, and is making sure it is done to the best of his ability before the vehicle goes out. The FT TC4 hasn't done very well (duh)....we need this to be a VERY good car...and if that means it takes a little longer to be completed then so be it.

Thirdly, the production of this vehicle is being done by Thunder Tiger. When the parts are done, they are sent to us to QC and approve. Then production is continued. Unfortunately, this takes time because of TT's local.
Hey Morosis

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 01-29-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #1541
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Hey Morosis
You just got owned.
dude, the only person getting pwnd is you. So what if Tony said "ONE" designer is working on the car. That "ONE" designer works in a design group. That "ONE" designer has to answer to his manager. Maybe the owner/CEO is designing this one.... Personally I don't care if one or a hundred people designed the car....you on the other hand have nothing better to do than post crap "Ummm...there's only one guy designing this car."

STFU

BTW, Kraig, sorry to hear you're going out of buisness.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #1542
Tech Master

Hey mori
That's what Mr. P said. Just thought I'd show you his post. I didn't make it up. Don't get your panties all up in a bunch.
Pretty big of of you to tell someone to stfu behind a screen.
Enjoy it when it comes out.
nuff said
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #1543
Tech Adept

This happens when you are too slow to develop a new car, it feels old when it finally get released.

The new generation TC.

Someone agree?
I think there are some worried looking faces over at Associated today.

Last edited by moonman; 01-30-2007 at 11:45 PM.
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #1544
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morosis
Maybe Rick H., Richard S., or Brent T. could pipe in and comment on who designed the car. It's always interesting to hear about the developement and who/was is involved.
Team Associated has always been that...a Team. The lead engineer on the TC5 project is Bob Stellflue, but he has had many consultations with his co-engineers, team drivers and general consumers. Together "Area 51" Engineers put together the pieces to create an appropriate design direction for the car and in-turn executed that design.

This car is the collaboration of market research, mixed with Associated procurement and ease of maintenance at an affordable price.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #1545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman
This happens when you are too slow to develop a new car, it feels old when it finally get released.

The new generation TC.

Someone agree?

WTF? Did you even look at the pictures? I mean common, that car has some major design chagnes over the previous versions and actually has a unique look compared to the rest of dual belt pack down the right side designs..