R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   new t2 xray chassis tweak (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/106993-new-t2-xray-chassis-tweak.html)

benroc 03-22-2006 05:35 PM

new t2 xray chassis tweak

what can i do about this chassis is badly tweaked left front right back wheels are light the others are heavy , ?

R/C Anonymous 03-22-2006 05:40 PM

step on the two shock towers while on a flat surface and tighten the top deck down: or try out a BMI kit >plug< :nod:

Andrew Swanson 03-22-2006 05:42 PM

take your tires off make sure there is nothing on the bottom of your chassis

place your car on a flat surface like a tweak board or granite or glass

loosen all your top deck screws and your car SHOULD go flat

if it doesnt make sure and loosen all the screws in your car slowly going thru and tightening everyhitn gback down while leaving your top deck loose

your car should go flat

once its flat softly push down on the shock towers to hold the car flat and diagonally tighten your top deck screws

when all said and done your top deck should be tithgt and when you put your car on a flat surface it should be flat

M2_Driver 03-22-2006 05:56 PM

Would this method work for the fk04 as well?

Sean R 03-22-2006 06:03 PM

It would work on any chassis.

benroc 03-22-2006 06:06 PM

i dont know i did that like 5 times , even guys at the track put it on the tweak station and said it was way off , for somereason the right rear and left front are really light compared to other corner ? droop is set 5-4 , ride hieght is 5mm ? any ideas ? was thinking of a new top plate , pickels crc or bmi ?

Lano 03-22-2006 06:28 PM

Did you check shock length?

benroc 03-22-2006 07:08 PM

yep shocks are good , i get a quick right turn spin out even fliped car over today , and the left turn is wide , controler is set perfect , i mean how many times do you have to undo the top deck after a while the crews will strip , any other ideas ?

brians11 03-22-2006 07:12 PM

I'm sure you have this, but just checking, you dont have the bolt in the motor mount w/out the 2mm spacer, do you?

benroc 03-22-2006 07:31 PM

i have the pan heads in the motor without shims , but if your talking about the bottom screw that goes in to the bulkhead , i put a washer in there 2mm but whats the point of that anyway ?

brians11 03-22-2006 07:58 PM

Just if you didnt have that spacer, it could cause some really weird stuff... the top deck isnt on upside down, is it?

Twin-Kyle 03-22-2006 08:03 PM

Make sure your bulkheads are square to each other. If your belts don't run true,then something is wrong with the placement with the bulkheads.
Takes some playing with but you will get it. :spidey:

benroc 03-22-2006 08:55 PM

what do you mean run true , the rear belt rides to the right , top deck , i dont know how to tll if its up or down , i downloaded a anti teak method rfrom xray im going to try , ill let you guys know , thanks

ottoman 03-22-2006 10:34 PM

On the top deck... the insert for the steering post bearing is offset to the right. If you have it to the left (deck upside down) by mistake it will induce a tweak into the car.

stumper1 03-22-2006 10:47 PM

My biggest tweak problem seemed to be from the front shock tower. Loosen everything as mentioned above AND the shock towers. Proceed as above and tighten the shock towers last - while still pushing down on them. Worked for me. Good luck!