Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default What's the best chassis?

Hey Guys!!! Could you please help me decide on what chassis should I buy: TB02? TB Evo3? or HPI Pro4? I want to know your comments or suggestions on these chassis, the availability and cost of spare parts, performance, durability, etc. Your replies will help me to decide. Thanks!!! .
Old 03-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by macgyver1432000
Hey Guys!!! Could you please help me decide on what chassis should I buy: TB02? TB Evo3? or HPI Pro4? I want to know your comments or suggestions on these chassis, the availability and cost of spare parts, performance, durability, etc. Your replies will help me to decide. Thanks!!! .
before you decide what chassis you should buy, maybe you should think what class you will running at.since TB-02 too much plastic i don't like it, you will spend a lot of bucks to make it competitive. i prefer high end chassis TB Evo 3 and HPI Pro 4. performance of those chassis is great but the durability on their drive train is nightmare, since they can strip easily if had coillison. even i had a Evo 3 Surikarn Ltd, i will choose Pro 4 since Pro 4's drive train more stronger than Evo 3.
hope this helping...
Old 03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

since you are lookin at those only id say the hpi pro4 is the best choice. Im not sure whats good in your part of town as far as the parts go. But the car is a top notch racer. Id prefer you try something like the mr4tcbd,xray,or rdx those are really at the top as of right now i know tamyia has one great car to but i think its high dollar. but around here the losi and associated stuff is the best to hav ejust because of the part and help. But as that goes id say look around to see what you would like to run asphault carpet which one you prefer. But stick with pro4 out of those above and you will be fine..
Old 03-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is no "best".
Old 03-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Of the three you are asking about ( I have owned all ) the PRO4 is hands down the best.
The evo3 suffers from driveline reliability issues, strips gears a lot.
Pro4 can strip diff gears but does so less than the others.

Both evo3 and pro4 are excellent handling cars.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Best Chassis?

Hey Guys! Keep those ideas coming! Is it TB02? Evo3? or HPI Pro4? Will be racing stock touring / asphalt.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

PM sent... Something you might be interested in.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

with those choices ill go for hpi pro4. but if you have some extra bucks, and a thinking of the long run. i think try getting a better car like xray t2, hot bodies cyclone or a yokomo bd. im now using xray t2 and its great and durable! ive tried yokomo bd and its a great car too!! if you buy an average car, later on you will decide to upgrade the kit and that will cost you alot.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Pro4 or bust!

Old 03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Your comments needed !

Keep those comments or suggestions coming !!! Is it TB02? TB Evo3? or HPI Pro4?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Ummm..... Pro4!! ===
Old 03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

If it's from those three choices, hands down the pro4.Then download the setup sheets of HARA
Old 03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macgyver1432000
Keep those comments or suggestions coming !!! Is it TB02? TB Evo3? or HPI Pro4?
before going too far and fruitless debate, lets focus on the question,
I'am not tamiya or hpi fan neither hate them, just my comment,

macgyver1432000, please go to tamiya website, then download and take better look at Tamiya TB02 TBevo3 exploded drawing

we can see there is 1 piece prop shaft right there,
it directly joint front and rear pinion, in the perfect world where chassis no flex at all, then no crash at all.. this can be accepted,

sadly on real world, this is horrible design, there's chassis flex and crash,

then, prop shaft could bend slightly after crash or using high power mod motor, then this would turn into bad/inefficient gear contact/mesh in front and rear diff..
it wouldn't turn at correct rotational axxis after it is bending, even at slightest level,

I think the drivetrain design is the major flaws of tb02 / tb03,

maybe the design is taken from Tamiya Mini 4wd racing.. where's the driveshaft is made from high tensile steel,

==================================================
here's the old one, nobody recognize there's a major flaw up there? http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58299

admit there's a major flaw there, Tamiya correct this on evoIV where they have 3-pieces prop shaft design, somethin' already used long time ago on our old TC3...
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331
================================================== ====

then you look at HPI Pro 4 (..or even older TC3... ) exploded drawing, we can spot 3 pieces prop shaft which is more suitable for real world,

I suggest, if you concern on good drivetrain performance, pls delete the 2nd first option then go direct to 3rd option, or take Evo IV if you are tamiya fans,
Attached Thumbnails What's the best chassis?-gallery_7.jpg   What's the best chassis?-lcg-3-pieces.jpg   What's the best chassis?-tb02.jpg   What's the best chassis?-tc3-3-pieces.jpg  
Old 03-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Faiz
before going too far and fruitless debate, lets focus on the question,
I'am not tamiya or hpi fan neither hate them, just my comment,

macgyver1432000, please go to tamiya website, then download and take better look at Tamiya TB02 TBevo3 exploded drawing

we can see there is 1 piece prop shaft right there,
it directly joint front and rear pinion, in the perfect world where chassis no flex at all, then no crash at all.. this can be accepted,

sadly on real world, this is horrible design, there's chassis flex and crash,

then, prop shaft could bend slightly after crash or using high power mod motor, then this would turn into bad/inefficient gear contact/mesh in front and rear diff..
it wouldn't turn at correct rotational axxis after it is bending, even at slightest level,

I think the drivetrain design is the major flaws of tb02 / tb03,

maybe the design is taken from Tamiya Mini 4wd racing.. where's the driveshaft is made from high tensile steel,

==================================================
here's the old one, nobody recognize there's a major flaw up there? http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58299

admit there's a major flaw there, Tamiya correct this on evoIV where they have 3-pieces prop shaft design, somethin' already used long time ago on our old TC3...
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331
================================================== ====

then you look at HPI Pro 4 (..or even older TC3... ) exploded drawing, we can spot 3 pieces prop shaft which is more suitable for real world,

I suggest, if you concern on good drivetrain performance, pls delete the 2nd first option then go direct to 3rd option, or take Evo IV if you are tamiya fans,
Faiz...... your explanation is great...i'm agree with you...btw, if we running stock motor like 23T or 19T there is no stripping gera issue on Evo 3, but if you run modified low turn motor under 12T those gear will strip easily even if tou not having crash
Old 03-28-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

pro4

because it is the most updated kit. parts support is also good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.