R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2002, 03:10 AM   #1
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Angry Sheldons Hobbies ..... !!!

I called on Tuesday to place an order for several stuffs such foam tires, battery bars... and a Panasonic UMH pack,
I asked the guy if he could pick a pack with good numbers if possible, then he replied that he will charge to me 25USD extra for choosing...
I was so surprised that I made him repeat, and asked him why ?
the guy said "I am gone" and he hang-up !!!

I am really shocked by this behaviour so I called them again,
the guy recognized me and said that he hanged-up because he didn't want to argue with me and if I order a pack, I will get what they want !!!

I used to order from them and for 2 years now, gave them a lot of money, and I am disgusted by their reaction.

They carry a lot of parts, certainly have a lot of customers but nothing justify a so rude behaviour.

I will never order from them again.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:50 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default how true how tre

This is a recurrent topic, although it hadn't popped up for a while... Sheldon's customer service is a joke. The people you talk to on the phone all have pea-sized brains and Eiffel Tower-sized egos.

It's a bunch of clowns.

Welcome to the club of people not buying at sheldon's anymore. there's tons of good shops out there... I still don't understand how sheldon's hasn't bellied up yet. One word : BOYCOTT

Old 12-12-2002, 09:33 AM   #3
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to reflekt

two words..

Ultimate Hobbies.

Quality Products: A+
Quantity of Products: A+
Parts Availability: A-
Customer Service: F-

the ONLY good guy there at Ultimate Hobbies is Aldo. And one other new dude who has a shaved head, is an asian guy and usually wears shorts. other than those two guys, they're all jerks. ESPECIALLY this one white dude with glasses. who's Always working there. if u go to Ultimate hobbies frequently, you KNOW who i'm talking about . This guy is the epitome of jerks at a hobby store. peaches
Old 12-12-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I had a problem with Sheldons when the TC3's first came out. I peordered one way in advance and was one of the first guys on the list. I called back to "add" one to my order. They said it would be placed in line and that It would come later than my first. I said this was no problem. I called about a week and a half after the car was shipping to check on my order. They said they lost my first order. If I wanted to add another kit to my second order i could. This would put me about a month out recieving any kit. I told them to cancel all my orders and went to my LHS and had them get them for me. About 3 days later I had 2 kits at $185.00 each. I havent ordered from sheldons since.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:43 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Speedworld Raceway and Hobby Shop....the best there is out there. The best parts and customer service period. Billy is the best in the business. Speedworld Raceway & Hobby Shop 916-783-8864
Old 12-12-2002, 02:34 PM   #6
RCTech Member #2
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Please use the second thread, in the Trader Feedback forum.

Sheldons Hobbies .... !!!

RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Closed Thread