R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tekin G11 Pro vs Keyence Rapida Pro (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/106176-tekin-g11-pro-vs-keyence-rapida-pro.html)

DirtyDog3375 03-17-2006 02:31 AM

Tekin G11 Pro vs Keyence Rapida Pro

I am considering these two speedies. I was just wanting some feedback (especially on the G11 pro) about these two speedies (ie. comm and brush wear, motor life, punch, "feel" on the track, reliability, any known issues or problems and overall performance.

In my search, I found this little piece of info (don't know how reliable or true the info is or whether the comparisons were done using similar setups (freq, etc.)

Keyence is the Lexus of speedos. Once You have one, You'll not want any other.

To be serious:
I have both speedos, and the KO ones (twister, mms3, volac, etc.) are the best of the rest.
The difference depends on the type of motor you use. The more power you drive, the more the difference will be.
In case of 17T and 19T motors, I'd say that there is almost no difference. I run 12T modifieds, and in this class, the Keyence is significantly better:
- more punch
- lower motor temperature
- Longer commutator cycle and motor life. Truing the comm after 4 runs means .01-.02 mm diameter loss only with Keyence, .02-.03 with Ko and .07-.1 with LRP/Nosram QC2.
- Longer runtime - Keyence: around 8 minutes with 0% Ensa, 4400Hz drive, Corally Black 12*1 Grooved HT timed 24 degrees (max RPM 51000 at 21 degrees on tester). Ko: around 6-6.5 mins (tried only 21 degrees timing). LRP/Nosram: barely 5 mins with 21 degrees timing.

I had (for a very short time a KO VFS-1 pro, but I never really found a profile I was happy with).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

DA_cookie_monst 03-17-2006 04:51 AM

I have not had a Keyance but have been using the G11 a lot recently.

I find the ESC very easy to setup and especialy to tune trackside, you can pick the car up and 10secs later be running a different drive and brake frequency and throttle limit. Comm weat is excelent, I can do a full meeting in 19t tourer and only have to clean the comm, no real brush wear or burning.

Most importantly, the G11 feels extremely linear, so the cars speed accurately matched your stick/trigger movement, feel being non-measurable, but all I can say is, it just 'feels' right.

mafiaracers 03-17-2006 10:09 AM

I'm very pleased with my Tekin. It's got all the features I could want, it's light weight, very easy to replace wires, external fuse....I'm set.

Mr. McGoo 03-17-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Most importantly, the G11 feels extremely linear, so the cars speed accurately matched your stick/trigger movement, feel being non-measurable, but all I can say is, it just 'feels' right.

i will second that - the G11Pro is by far my favorite speedo out right now - i have tried about all of them and it does "feel" the best - it is super linear.

you won't go wrong with Tekin and customer service is top notch and easy to work with....

mtveten 03-17-2006 10:25 AM

I haven't used a Keyence but between the VFS and Tekin speedos I would say the Tekin is defiantly better.

Compared to a VFS-1 my tekin ran cooler, was smoother with more punch, did not require a cap to keep my servo running strong and was much faster and easier to program.

The tekin does have a larger footprint and should be more difficult to locate but it is also looks much more robust and should a failure occur their repair service is much faster.

Mark

R/C Anonymous 03-17-2006 10:40 AM

I had the Tekin G10 Pro+ for about a week. I swapped it out for a Hara Twister 2.1 and gained .5 a lap. Maybe there was something wrong with the way I set the Tekin up. :confused: Just posting my experience no bashing since i used to only run Tekin back in the day and had good results with them :nod:

jheimb4897 12-20-2007 01:06 AM

KO Propo VFS-1 Pro C2 all the way! More options!

tc3team 12-20-2007 04:32 AM

I have run a stock motor with the silver xxx brushes on my G11Pro all season and it only needs a very light skim after each meeting, even on the lowest drive frequency (1250Hz) and without a cooling fan.

If your commutator is burning up its not always the esc's fault, sometimes it is simply too much gear ratio...

Impulse_racer 12-20-2007 05:19 AM

There is no better ESC than the Keyence. They are actually an industrial sensor, meansurements, and controls manufacturer manufacturing very precise and reliable devices used in industrial environments. The Rapido Pro uses a higher speed fets and also has one of lowest resistance values. Because of the higher grade electronics used, no separate capacitor hanging off the esc is needed. So it's total footprint is smaller than the smallest esc that needs that separate capacitor. Highly programmable. I have used mine for 4 years in several different cars without a single problem. Go to the Keyence thread and if I remember correctly you will not read a single post about a Rapido burning up, melting down, or glitching.

squarehead 12-20-2007 05:43 AM

Wow, way to dig up an almost 2 year old thread, guys.

Since it's up now, who is handling the distribution and service repairs for Keyence in the United States now that Schumacher USA does not anymore?

I have a V Zero Extreme that I found in my toolbox that needs to be repaired, because it just flaked out and stopped taking a setup.

Anyone have any ideas? The company Keyence doesn't respond to e-mails. :rolleyes:

Impulse_racer 12-20-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed (Post 3991131)
Wow, way to dig up an almost 2 year old thread, guys.

Since it's up now, who is handling the distribution and service repairs for Keyence in the United States now that Schumacher USA does not anymore?

I have a V Zero Extreme that I found in my toolbox that needs to be repaired, because it just flaked out and stopped taking a setup.

Anyone have any ideas? The company Keyence doesn't respond to e-mails. :rolleyes:

Schumacher USA
www.racing-cars.com
Adam or Adrian @schumacherusa.net

squarehead 12-20-2007 12:52 PM

SchumacherUSA doesn't handle Keyence any more.

:cry:

RC MARKET 12-20-2007 12:53 PM

or choice Tekin FX Pro

Impulse_racer 12-20-2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed (Post 3992091)
SchumacherUSA doesn't handle Keyence any more.

:cry:

Oops :eek::eek::weird::weird::cry::cry:

It is really a shame that such a good product is no longer represented.