R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Cool Whats the best TC3 Carbon chassis kit.??

Thanks for reading.

Im in the process of upgrading my TC3 and am looking for a good chassis kit and was wondering which was best.?

Ive seen the BMI Racing one which looks good as it comes with a top deck brace.

Whats everyone else got / used ? Thoughts please as im going to be buying in a month or so.

Thanks all.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Tech Regular

The BMI was always a favorite - they even made a few more this last year but you'd have to call them to see if they have any left as their website is not up to date. Also check out Penguin RC. They still sell the P5500 for TC3. It is a killer chassis. Both are good but Penguin will still have parts support. And Diggity Designs also makes a converstion kit but you have to buy the whole kit. So IMHO the best aftermarket in 2006 would be the Penguin chassis. I own both the BMI and The Penguin.
DLM2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

I just got one from xtreme rc racing - but from their store on ebay. No complaints from me.
The_Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Tech Adept

I've owned TC3's with both the BMI and the Warpspeed Demon chassis. Both of them were excellent, but my opinion is that the BMI one was the better. Particularly like the BMI motor mount. The Demon one is interesting in that it swaps the batts to the other side. This is supposed to reduce torque steer, but I could never notice any difference.

If I were getting an aftermarket TC3 chassis I would go straight for the BMI chassis. Particularly in pretty blue ....

MadMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to anthony390

has anyone tried the irs chassis?
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #6
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IMHo, statically, the IRS is the best.
I owned all three chassis (!!) and the IRS is the best, most technically sound.

The extreme rc racing version is of very good quality, but the cells are not closer to the shaft: a big preferred mod among tc3 users.
It is also a little wide to my liking. The overall build quality is excellent though and very nice to look at.

The BMI, and i am sorry to say so because i know a lot of ppl love it has 2 major flaws imho : The chassis posts flex under stress because of their shape,
and the motor mount has the motor sit higher or lower depending on the pinion used, which is just weird...
plus mine has the wrong bearing diameter recessed in the motor mount so i had to modify it otherwise the transmission would bind

Of course, you mileage may vary and i m sure a lot of ppl are quite happy and succesful with either one of them, but this is my own experience.
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 AM   #7
Tech Rookie
Default TC3 Chassis kit

Like all things in life ,you cant stop progress especially in rc racing, I have had a IRS TC3 chassis and a BMI chassis, although a great car in its day the TC3 is now out of date, I have recently sold my RDX and bought a XRAY T2 ,the difference in performance & handling against the shaft drive TC3 is amazing, bite the bullit and go for belt drive, you wont be dissapointed.
alan orton is offline   Reply With Quote