Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree181Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 3 1/12th pan car kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vafactor
Been thinking about picking up an Eclipse 3 since the design looks so unique and interesting and the Race results in Europe have been really impressive. Problem is that I’m in the US. The only place that I’ve even found a kit available is AMain and they don’t seem to have many parts for the car. Does anybody in the US actually provide a decent level of support for the Eclipse?
Hard to believe! Without a fast supply to your spot I would not recommend any brand.
See the Schumacher homepage for dealer locations. They state many dealers in the US. Looks like more than 80 dealers to me.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Been thinking about picking up an Eclipse 3 since the design looks so unique and interesting and the Race results in Europe have been really impressive. Problem is that I’m in the US. The only place that I’ve even found a kit available is AMain and they don’t seem to have many parts for the car. Does anybody in the US actually provide a decent level of support for the Eclipse?
I’ve been running the car without issue here in the US, if I need anything I order directly from Schumacher. I usually place a large order to compensate for the shipping, but get it within three days. Car is great, don’t let the lack of parts denture you from getting one.

Patrick
duckman996 and patorz31 like this.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:39 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I have a kit and all the related parts in stock. Springs, camber brace, pivots, etc.

EA
XCELL, qcrc, patorz31 and 1 others like this.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
https://www.discountrcstore.com/category-s/1681.htm

Still not many parts but you can order the kit from them.
FYI, This is pretty much the only place I go for Schumacher parts and kits. I'm actually going to be putting in an order myself for the Eclipse 3, along with the aluminum chassis and aluminum pivots and solid axle. I strongly suggest you go here.
qcrc, patorz31 and Juniorabca like this.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Default Kingpin questions

I just finished assembling an Eclipse 3. What a stunning car and a satisfying build. An especially nice feature is the knurled brass threaded inserts in lieu of loose nuts like most other cars use. Generally I’ve been thrilled with the quality of the parts and the car’s design. Just one area disappoints, and that is the kingpins. I’m finding that a thin coat of silicone lube tends to collect on the flat bottom surface of the alloy steering blocks and also on the flat flange of the kingpins. The effect is a hydraulic “suction” that’s created when both flat surfaces have a light coating of lube and so they tend to stick to each other. Is there a solution to this troublesome initial stiction? Any other tips for getting the steering blocks to slide completely free would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I just finished assembling an Eclipse 3. What a stunning car and a satisfying build. An especially nice feature is the knurled brass threaded inserts in lieu of loose nuts like most other cars use. Generally I’ve been thrilled with the quality of the parts and the car’s design. Just one area disappoints, and that is the kingpins. I’m finding that a thin coat of silicone lube tends to collect on the flat bottom surface of the alloy steering blocks and also on the flat flange of the kingpins. The effect is a hydraulic “suction” that’s created when both flat surfaces have a light coating of lube and so they tend to stick to each other. Is there a solution to this troublesome initial stiction? Any other tips for getting the steering blocks to slide completely free would be greatly appreciated.
Hard to tell if you're having the similar issue from your question but read post 49 to about 53 in this thread to see if what was discussed helps you out.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Seems to be no issue in operation of the car. Anyhow, it is very easy to fix. Replace the 0,5mm washer by a 0,5mm wire ring that you can make of a spring with 0,5mm wire. I used this and found no effect in operation, but the desired effect was there: no binding.
If you do not have the 0,5mm washer due to small tyres you have to live with it (which is no issue as I found)

BR Erhard

Last edited by Erhard; 02-24-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

That’s a great idea. I’ll give it a try. Thanks
Old 03-07-2020, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
It has won 3 out of 4 BRCA nationals so far this season so it's fast.
how bout asphalt? I’m considering one
Old 03-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azsmartbet
how bout asphalt? I’m considering one
Car is great on asphalt. Been running it close to 9 months now on multiple asphalt tracks. Last weekend was the first time since the worlds. Swapped back to carbon chassis and left the setup the same. Couldn’t fault it. Even managed to get around the track with a spool.

It has a lot of rear grip and drive out of the corner.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz
Car is great on asphalt. Been running it close to 9 months now on multiple asphalt tracks. Last weekend was the first time since the worlds. Swapped back to carbon chassis and left the setup the same. Couldn’t fault it. Even managed to get around the track with a spool.

It has a lot of rear grip and drive out of the corner.
Any suggestions for set up on Asphalt? We run 60-100k in our sides and center is 35 wt and a med spring. I usually run like 4.2 front and 4.6 rear or so with 44mm tire.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Flagstaff Hobbies, Cliff Beck
Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any suggestions for set up on Asphalt? We run 60-100k in our sides and center is 35 wt and a med spring. I usually run like 4.2 front and 4.6 rear or so with 44mm tire.
It was kit front spring( white I think it is) 8k front king pin 20k sides and 50k centre tube. Red rear spring and silver sides. I had a closer split in ride height 4.4f and 4.5r
Old 03-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone that has this kit. Is there anyway someone could measure the distance of the screws that mount the lower arm to the chassis? I’m trying to see if I can use my x-ray front shims on this
Old 03-25-2020, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone that has this kit. Is there anyway someone could measure the distance of the screws that mount the lower arm to the chassis? I’m trying to see if I can use my x-ray front shims on this
From what I can measure it is about 36-36.2mm from hole to hole for front beam mounting.

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.