Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cooking at the track >

Cooking at the track

Cooking at the track

Old 03-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default Cooking at the track

I have 12 volt oven laying around and I was going to cook meals at the next big race. I was just wonder if anyone else has done this? I was going to plug it into my power supply and make some hot pockets or cookies.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mind making me a sandwich? Toot sweet!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

What I and quite a few others do at our club races is make something like chili or sloppy joes the night before and bring it to the track in an electric crock pot. It's great! You can have good, hot food all day at the track and there are always a few guys willing to toss you a buck or 2 for a bowl of chili or some sloppy joes. Saves ya quite a bit of money by not having to make runs to the local burger joint... Considering that our twice monthly "club races" have nearly 200 entries and last from 8am to around midnight, that's upwards of 20 bucks you can spend on parts instead...

Tony
Old 03-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cooking

There an appliance, I think it's the "hotdogger". Cooks two dogs and toasts two buns simultaneously. They can be found on Ebay. A guy we race with brings his to the track and it's a pretty cool self contained unit! But, you gotta like dogs a lot!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
What I and quite a few others do at our club races is make something like chili or sloppy joes the night before and bring it to the track in an electric crock pot. It's great! You can have good, hot food all day at the track and there are always a few guys willing to toss you a buck or 2 for a bowl of chili or some sloppy joes. Saves ya quite a bit of money by not having to make runs to the local burger joint... Considering that our twice monthly "club races" have nearly 200 entries and last from 8am to around midnight, that's upwards of 20 bucks you can spend on parts instead...

Tony
Damn now that is one hell of an idea!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

One year at the Bud's Halloween race Mike Lufaso’s dad (or maybe step-dad?) had his crock pot going the whole weekend. I forget what he was cooking, but it smelled a lot better than Paragon.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Default Propane all the way!

We run and travel to many big races evey year and always take our portable propane grill. We cook hamburgers and hotdogs for our crew to keep the food costs down we buy our food from Sams club or Costco. We were at the Sedan prenats this past weekend and had chili burgers for the first time. The only problem is the racers that never plans for anything shows up on your doorstep wanting to "BUY" a burger so plan for that.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Mixon
There an appliance, I think it's the "hotdogger". Cooks two dogs and toasts two buns simultaneously. They can be found on Ebay. A guy we race with brings his to the track and it's a pretty cool self contained unit! But, you gotta like dogs a lot!
It's called a Hot diggitey dogger. They are way cool. Here is a link: hot diggety dogger
Old 03-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

My local track does not allow carrying ins.