Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Something cheap, but it works flawlessly

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Something cheap, but it works flawlessly

After you haev everything you need for your R/C car, you should think about buying an iPod. I just bought one yesterday, I purchased the 1gb Nano. I change my songs a lot, and it holds a lot more then they say. It is the perfect thing for when your at the track. You can listen to it when your working on your car, watching a race, or even at home. I absolutly adore mine.

I picked up mine from Best Buy, and they also offer you a twenty dollar warranty, which means you pay 20 dollars, and they replace your iPod for any cause until your two year warranty is up.

Just a thought...

Mark
Old 03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you've got a Nano, and you don't have the lanyard headphones, you're missing the single best reason to own this small iPod. No lie.

iPod Nano Lanyard Headphones
Old 03-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Uh?.. explaination?.. LoL..

is it because they're that funny shade of white that screams "MUG ME" in new york?... Is it convenience?.. sound quality? (i rate the in-ear ones, but not so good for commuting on the bike)..
Old 03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's because it's the most convenient thing in the world. If you work out or use your nano while doing some kind of physical activity, the headphone wires never get in the way since they're around your neck. You can hang it from your neck when you travel (after you're through security) and not worry about fiddling with it when they make you turn things on and off during takeoffs and landings. If you're using it in the pits, you don't have to leave it sitting on the desk while the headphone wires get in the way of working on your car since it's, you got it, around your neck. It's a massively convenient perk.

But don't be dumb about it, don't wear it where you'll get mugged. The quality isn't any better than those it comes with, but that's why I've got a pair of Sennheisers and a headphone amp at home, when I want to be an audiophile.

Isn't there a better part of R/C Tech for these off-topic threads? Hopefully a moderator will move this one.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

yeah definately off-topic, but i have to contribute, last race i went to, 2 day event, 20 heats, one small TV and 1 Xbox, with 2 Controllers, and all the racing games and sport games you could imagine, and it was quite popular, also at the Ifmar Offroad world Championship, someone brought a PC with A chair/Steering wheel, and put a driving game in and wrote down the best laptimes, anyone could participate, and i couldnt tell you how many drivers and manufactuers participated unoffically..Very addictive, plus i could tell that one particular Team Orion Member stayed up till 1:30am playing this game with several other persons(must keep identitys clear,) i should know cause i was getting back after getting lost for an hour trying to find my way back to the track!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

plus the game was used on the Projection Monitor, where the posted the heat results during the day!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

We got a little farther here than the ipod, Tryhard's been bringing his PC speakers (which includes a sub) and we've been playing music in the pits from our MP3 players, quite cool actually .
Old 03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

People in the pits at West B last time didnt look to impressed Fab lol!

I was kool wid it! some good beats helps the day go by!