Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you are addicted to onroad R/C cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I heard the music of charger (the music of charging begin, end), and race starting tone ("da" tone) all the time during walking/working/TVing....
Old 07-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default You Know

You know that your addicted to r/c when everything that you do during the day is on a 5 min. clock!!!!! You spend your day waiting on the TONE!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default annnnd

You know that your addicted when: You live in ohio, you get off work an noon Friday, pack up your equip. and you best racing chum, drive to indianapolis to club race friday night at Planet R/C, finish racing there, drive half the night BACK to columbus to club race at crcrc, pack up there drive to medina to club race sat night, drive back to y-town, stay up half the night, re-conditioning your equipment so that you can club race at your local track sunday morning!!!!! Yeah guys that's a good weekend. Can you say R/C ADDICTION?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Another sign of addiction is turning up to your venue for racing but then realising its christmas day (not managed that one yet!)
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

-when your in such denial about your RC spending that at anytime you can sell $1000 worth of racing gear, but one day later not even miss any of it, which makes you think-"OH JEEZ-how much stuff do I still have?"

-when you keep spare parts for a car you might buy again?

-when you buy almost every new car and spares just to try them.

-when you hope you win the lottery so you can build the ultimate RC/kart/hobbyshop first, then worry about the house, new cars, invetment later.....

-when major purchases for the home are tempered with "Now-do I need any cash for any upcoming races?"
Old 07-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rayhuang
-when your in such denial about your RC spending that at anytime you can sell $1000 worth of racing gear, but one day later not even miss any of it, which makes you think-"OH JEEZ-how much stuff do I still have?"

-when you keep spare parts for a car you might buy again?

-when you buy almost every new car and spares just to try them.

-when you hope you win the lottery so you can build the ultimate RC/kart/hobbyshop first, then worry about the house, new cars, invetment later.....

-when major purchases for the home are tempered with "Now-do I need any cash for any upcoming races?"
Hoo-Hong, If I ever win the lottery, you and everyone you know will be making the trip to Springfield. I already have the floorplan established, and a site mapped out. All I need is the investment capital, for my indoor 1/8th scale asphalt, indoor carpet, and Gentlemen's Club entrepeneurial(sp?) endeavor.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a stop watch for every 5 minutes coffee pit time at work......creamer, sugar and coffee within 5 second per stop....pretty impressive I think. Each work day came with eight 1 hour main or 16 30 minutes main.........

And every time I use the calculator..........I ended up calculating the roll out or the F/R foam tires split calculation after an 1 hour main......
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Talking

A sign that you are addicted to R/C racing is that you didn't have to read any of the posts in this entire thread to know that you do every single thing previously mentioned.

Sickos.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

lol Ive read the thread over a few times laughing
Old 07-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
A sign that you are addicted to R/C racing is that you didn't have to read any of the posts in this entire thread to know that you do every single thing previously mentioned.

And then almost 1 hour later, still at work, having finished reading the entire thread and realized... yep, I didn't have to read that whole damn thing to know I'm not the only one who has serious mental issues, and needs to have professional help.

We have real problems, boys.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

When it comes to RC, We don't have issues, we have subscriptions......
Old 07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

when you walk into best buy and you here someone mention a receiver, and you automatically think "futaba-hitec-airtronics".
Old 07-27-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

The treads of your tires are almost gone but your foam tire stocks are still good for this race season.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you know you have issues when you go down to the lhs to get 2 or 3 pinions for your car and end up with a bagfull of gear and $200+ poorer
Old 07-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

You know you have issues when you buy pinions you know you will never need just so that you have a complete set of each type and colour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.