Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you are addicted to onroad R/C cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derek K
when you keep a garden sprayer in your car for days they dont prep the local track
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i wounder??? lol
Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Simon A
how did you know
sounds like me
Trans #7565471
phone #687-25.........i dont remember
Old 04-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Sryder7
when you post in a thread like this...
when you bring parts to the track that aren't for your car...

when you say street cars are 1:1...

When you have a rollout chart for ever gear ration and size of tire for your car and your buddies' cars too...

when you read everything i just typed and laughed...
This is all me
Old 04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

When reading RC magazines from cover to cover while dumping sh*t in the toilet.

When hanging out at your LHS even when you have nothing to buy.

Last edited by Nicadrauspro4; 04-04-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When you go to the LHS you work out just to hang out and watch others practice.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minidriver
You know you are addicted when:

When you are driving around town, you look at buildings, particularly ones now for lease/sale, and think - boy, could that be a sweet indoor carpet track & rc store. Is it big enough, would there be any poles in the way, etc.
THAT is SOOOOO true! I know of several here in the Houston, Texas area that I constantly do that with!!

You know you are addicted when you have just spent the better part of an hour and a half reading through this thread instead of working on a report that is due in an hour or less!

PD2
Old 04-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PD2
You know you are addicted when you have just spent the better part of an hour and a half reading through this thread instead of working on a report that is due in an hour or less!

PD2
Mine is due tomarow, LOL
Old 04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
PD2
Tech Master

You know you are addicted to R/C when you start searching the forums, online Yellow Pages and any other resource to find all of the hobby shops and tracks in areas and towns that you are traveling to for business!

You know you are addicted to R/C when you start valuing items that you buy at the grocery store, department store or any other retail store other than a hobby shop, in terms of how many kits/parts/tires/electronics/battery packs it is worth.

You know you are addicted to R/C when you name your first born son Bo Link and your second born daughter Tammy Tamiya.

PD2
Old 04-04-2006, 01:41 PM
PD2
Tech Master

You know you are addicted to R/C and more specifically rctech when you know more about what is going on in the Trader Feedback section with every one that is a bad trader/seller than you know about your own family that you eat dinner with every night!

PD2

Last edited by PD2; 04-05-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

STYAATOR/CC's : Your actually willing to get up at the @ss-crack of dawn, drive to the track, spend close to an hour getting your pit 'just right', listen to the sound of a bizzillion generators roaring, endure the smell of tire sauce, listen to the countless different opinions on anything from what car is faster to who said what and why set-up 'x' is better than set-up 'y', blow most of your day off to hang in the sun for hours, cant seem to leave without spending at least 50 to 100 bux- and thats the staple bits, but hey you go through all this before you even get to run your first qual!!! The willingness to do it time & time again is the tell-tale sign; your pretty much an addict
Old 07-25-2006, 03:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Bump! This thread was a big hit months ago!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

if you spend so much on r/c that the government takes "R/C" taxes out of your paycheck.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

When you talk so much about R/C cars, even your girlfriend and Mum understand what all the R/C jargon you use means
Old 07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know i'm addicted. But I love every moment of it

When you check and recheck your account balance online on pay-day only so you can go direct to the hobby shop the moment it is there to spend it all Then going hungry all week and thinking 'damn I spent too much again'.

So many things in this thread describe things I do: Check the tupperware isle for parts containers when shopping with the missus. looking in the cleaning products isle for better tire cleaning products (motor spray still winning that battle). Pictures of my RC cars everywhere, but none of the missus. Stack of RC mags that only get read on the can. Changing 1:1 cars for better rc gear haulage. Spending too much time on RC tech when I have dealines looming (my post count attests to that one ). Spent a couple of hundred on a dedicated RC workbench. Dedicated room of the house just for RC gear Spending more time with my rc cars and racing buddies than my missus.

I'm considering moving cities to get more competitive regular racing, but if that doesnt happen i'll try to buy a few acres of land with a house to move into and build my own tracks
Old 07-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
STYAATOR/CC's : Your actually willing to get up at the @ss-crack of dawn, drive to the track, spend close to an hour getting your pit 'just right', listen to the sound of a bizzillion generators roaring, endure the smell of tire sauce, listen to the countless different opinions on anything from what car is faster to who said what and why set-up 'x' is better than set-up 'y', blow most of your day off to hang in the sun for hours, cant seem to leave without spending at least 50 to 100 bux- and thats the staple bits, but hey you go through all this before you even get to run your first qual!!! The willingness to do it time & time again is the tell-tale sign; your pretty much an addict
Damn you. Now i've got a craving to load all my gear into the car and go racing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.