Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT7 or Quantum Competition?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default GT7 or Quantum Competition?

Which Speedo is better? I noticed the GT7 has a slightly higher on resistance? Is this a something someone will be able to notice on the track? Any other things I should know about these 2 speed controls? I will be racing carpet mod with foams if it helps.

Thanks,
Martin.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why not the Keyence Zero Extreme ? I have a Quantum competition and it is a good speedo, Don't realy know much about the GT7, but Novak always makes a good product, and they have great support. Also have two Zero Extremes, best speedo I have had...

Personally, I don't think you can tell the difference with the On-Resistance, just the drive frequency... I dunno, maybe some people can....
Old 12-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

I may consider the Keyence, I have been hearing about them on the forum but haven't seen any at the track.
What is Drive Frequency?
Old 12-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Not being good at explanations...

http://www.teamnovak.com/Tech_info/e...min/index.html

Has some good info
Old 12-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

two zero extremes?? jeez?? lol. wanna sell me one? hah.

i would go with the keyence zero extreme as well. second choice would be quantum comp. but i heard, from associated themselves, that out of all the problems they've had reported with their esc's, the most reported is the Quantum competition. but that's backed by awesome lifetime warranty service by LRP/Associated, so that's nothing to worry about. but the GT7 looks to be very good. i'm running an LRP Quantum Pro Reverse right now. it's doing great for me but i'd rather have a forward only dedicated ESC for my car. anyone interested in buying my Quantum Pro reverse? if so, PM/email me. i'll sell it for $90. it's only a month old. practically brand spankin new. i hav pics. peaches.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Got a smoking hot deal on them, so..... I just got my Competition at a crazy cheap price to go into my 12th, has been great so far.

Schumacher USA does the warranty work for Keyence, and they are great to deal with.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would go with the GT7 if you're a newbie. It will be easier to change through the different profiles and will be smoother on the throtle. The quantum is a good speedo (better than the GT7 in my opinion) but if you are new to the hobby you may find the GT7 easier to use. I have run them both along with the Keyence but your question is about the quantum and GT7 so I won't get into it.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

STLNLST

good point, sorry to get off topic
Old 12-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up GT7

Very simple to use and set up Plus you get Novaks oustanding warranty

-Dave
Old 12-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I have seen more than a few GT7's fail... I love Novak and I have 5 cyclones but I think I will wait untill they work out the early bugs before I buy a GT7. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default new ESC?

I have a futaba MC230CR ESC.i race and i dont know if a new ESC will help.If i should get a new one i was looking at a GT7 and a Quantom comp. wich is better and does the one that i have need to be replaced?
Old 12-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont know about the GT7 being easy to program. Out of all you guys who just said that how many of you can remember how to program it without cheacking the manual. The Quantum is a snap in comparison to the GT7.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I can remember. Have you had a GT7? It is easier to change settings on compared to a quantum.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

GT7 is super easy to program. Setting it up for the first time is a breeze, and then changing profiles is easy too.

All you do is turn on the esc and your transmitter. Press and hold the setup button till all 4 lights turn on, once you release it the lights flash together. Now you press the setup button so many times to select a profile (push 3 times for 3rd profile). Once you're setup, just wait and it automatically disengages...

Anyway, I'm liking my GT7 so far, its really smooth and very easy to setup. I probably wouldn't trade it for any other ESC out there. Plus its one of the cheaper (in cost) professional grade ESC's out on the market right now.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

RC PILOT.

One matter to consider is where you are from. If you are from the US I can think of dozens of reasons why you should support a product produced in your country.

Not just to be Nationalistic but simply because the service in that country should be far better than that of a speed made in a country like, say Tim Buk Too.

I have had experience with both. I am now a total NOVAK man, more than any other reason because they are so efficient and helpful. You ask Charlie or Tyree at Novak anything, and not only will they give you a fast and satisfactory reply but they will go out of their way to help you with anything you require.

My son and I now both run GT7s in our touring cars. I run in stock and he runs in mod. I lead in stock - he leads in mod. We wouldn't be doing that if our speedos were inferior.

The biggest thing I find about all Novak products is that they are bullittproof. And that has got to be an important consideration, especially when I see other people's speedos go up in smoke so often.

Just my own experiences.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.