Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Who would be the best person to call a FAIR race at the REEDY RACE... >

Who would be the best person to call a FAIR race at the REEDY RACE...

Who would be the best person to call a FAIR race at the REEDY RACE...

Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
Scotty told me last Tues. that you're not his friend any more because of your rough driving
Ouch now that's harsh. Mike a rough driver never noticed that. I don't know what rough driving all entails. I guess in the mini world it seems normal.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 03-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

Originally Posted by John Malin
Sam Ledford or Dave Fox Both are on the Snowbirds crew Team Minnreg.

Scotty is on a tear above all the rest barr none.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scotty is without a doubt an excellent race director and even better announcer. But the question here seems to be more who would be a good referee. At IFMAR and EFRA events the race director runs the race and is responsible for the overall organisation (like Scotty normally does), but referees are the ones watching the driving and giving warnings or stop & go's. The best referee in my opinion is Frans Heinsbroek. He has been referee at multiple events including last year's LRP Masters where he stopped one heat with 5 world champs in it that apparantly thought driving like novices was ok. After the restart they drove like champions should... Frans is also a good driver who during the 90s made A and B finals at big international events. Add to this his experience as race director of multiple big international events and being unsponsored and you get as close as you can to finding an unbiased referee. Some will argue that he sometimes helps team Orion's Oscar Jansen out as motor man but then LRP asked Frans to be the sole referee at the LRP Masters so obviously they feel that Frans is not biased...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is an old argument that holds zero merrit, and many of the complaints I've heard first hand while walking in the pits comes from Pros, and it's normally the same people complaining at any race. Generally speaking in the invite class, Scotty lets the field race into the first turn, sort themselves out, and from there starts sending people to the box. When I was there in '04, one member of a team was complaining that Scotty was being "Anti-his brand" because one particular member had issues on starts, and had been sent to the back a few time because of incidents going thru the first turn. That same person later cut the track in one of the 19T A-Mains and moved up from 3rd to 1st coming out of the sweeper and refused to give the spot up for 1 1/2-2 laps. Finally Scotty had no choice but to send him to the box or simply stop scoring that particular car. Scotty also normally has either Fred Medel from Tamiya or the man himself Mike Reedy in the booth to call penalties as well. There's no need to replace anyone involved, as the Reedy race has been and will continue to be run in an extremely FAIR way thus far. Kudos to Tamiya USA for undertaking and pulling off such a great event, Scotty for taking time out of running his business and flying out to the event to run the event, and everyone involved in putting on one of the best outdoor sedan races anywhere in the world!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Ouch now that's harsh. Mike a rough driver never noticed that. I don't know what rough driving all entails. I guess in the mini world it seems normal.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
It was sarcasm man
Old 03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If Scotty had called a fair race and rough driving I would have been in the A in open mod last year......oh wait....he did and I wasn't....so the finger can only be pointed to one person. ME!!!! Let's just say Scotty was replaced this year and the person filling in really messed things up. What would be everyone's gripe then?????

The man put on the best race EVER in the history of RC/RACING and there's a thread about calling a fair race??? The only fair thing that I can think of is the person who started this thread not getting in to this years Reedy I had a blast at last years Reedy and Scotty called "MY" sorry GMAIN like it was an Amain.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SCOTTY!!!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

What i find funny is everyone calls oval racers cry babies.. I AM an OVAL racer.. We have our own site for us.. Ive been a sedan racer, and an oval racer for the majority of my last 18 years.. But I have never in my life seen so many peopl griping about this and that..

If it wasnt your race that was called bad then you dont have a right to start a thread about someone calling races..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by STLNLST
If Scotty had called a fair race and rough driving I would have been in the A in open mod last year......oh wait....he did and I wasn't....so the finger can only be pointed to one person. ME!!!! Let's just say Scotty was replaced this year and the person filling in really messed things up. What would be everyone's gripe then?????

The man put on the best race EVER in the history of RC/RACING and there's a thread about calling a fair race??? The only fair thing that I can think of is the person who started this thread not getting in to this years Reedy I had a blast at last years Reedy and Scotty called "MY" sorry GMAIN like it was an Amain.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SCOTTY!!!!!

Well if you make the main every year you dont have to worry about the lottery..Four years in a row for me, what happened to you?Im not saying that Scotty is doing a bad job , I want Scotty to call traffic , lap times , but NOT for rough driving somebody else should have that responsibility....
Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Dallas is the best referee out there. Period.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Dallas is the best referee out there. Period.
I second that(never thought I would agree with Anders....LOL...j/k)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamHomies
Well if you make the main every year you dont have to worry about the lottery..Four years in a row for me, what happened to you?Im not saying that Scotty is doing a bad job , I want Scotty to call traffic , lap times , but NOT for rough driving somebody else should have that responsibility....
Congrats on making the main every year. Maybe one day you'll actually win!!!!! I'll let the little shot at me go because it makes you sleep better at night
Old 03-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Have Scotty choose someone he thinks would call a fair race, maybe Doug Hay
Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Congrats on making the main every year. Maybe one day you'll actually win!!!!! I'll let the little shot at me go because it makes you sleep better at night
Yeah but, how many screen names have you had banned?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Yeah but, how many screen names have you had banned?

I have yet to be banned!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skrivitz
Have Scotty choose someone he thinks would call a fair race, maybe Doug Hay
You're too funny Skrivvy, I don't even race on-road. I did see some BAD takeouts last year, also like a demo derby. One certain driver could have had 3 stop and goes per race.

You cannot announce and call penalties. The announcer watches mostly the leaders, where the rough driving is mostly in the middle or back of the pack.

The guy calling the rough driving was distracted, we all were.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.