Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battery Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Battery Care

Hi, I have a few matched and zapped GP3700's and a Team Much More Zero-V coming in a few days. From what I can tell the Zero-V discharges the cells down to a 0v cut-off, I heard this was bad and you should never discharger cells down any lower than 0.9v per cell (5.4v for 6 cells). Can you guys tell me what the proper procedure is for me to get the longest life out of my batteries as I probably won't be able to buy any new ones in quite a while.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Right before charging put the packs on the muchmore tray until the lights go out.

After running the pack you should discharge them with something that is 30/35amps until 5.4v and store until next time.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

I was told the GP batteries will have a better performance if you tray them down to zero volt. the IB batteries on the other hand should never go pass 0.9v per cell.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:01 AM
SPC

Originally Posted by viet_mafia
Hi, I have a few matched and zapped GP3700's and a Team Much More Zero-V coming in a few days. From what I can tell the Zero-V discharges the cells down to a 0v cut-off, I heard this was bad and you should never discharger cells down any lower than 0.9v per cell (5.4v for 6 cells). Can you guys tell me what the proper procedure is for me to get the longest life out of my batteries as I probably won't be able to buy any new ones in quite a while.

Thanks
Check out the Battery Care on our website. It should answer most of your quesitons. If not e-mail me at the address shown on the website.
Tom Himes
SPC
Old 03-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

hi there

i have GP3000s (6cells stick pack) batteries and i have been discharging mine until it gets down too 1volt for the whole pack before a race and they have alot puch and power

but when i disharge the pack to 5.4volt they seem to be abit slow and not alot of punch or power

i have been doning this for quite a while now and seem to be as new

also is this bad for the cells?

cheers tamiyamanuk