R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #76
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I think he meant independant suspension ..not sliding king pins.

The AE 12is was...uh...a short lived experiment. The standard 12i suspension was way better.

FYI...The Schumacher C front suspesnion still lives. It was the basis for Corally's front suspension system.

Exactly, I meant it this way.
But the C-Car on your picture is the second version. The original version had a different chassis with stick packs like all the other cars that time.
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #77
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caveman
CRC takes top three spots, impressive. I think this is the first european title for CRC, hey, also the first european championship title for Marc. Great job.
Thanks to all for the kind words.

A real special weekend for Team CRC. In Spain we were T.Q. 1-2-3 + 7 and we won the B main as well. The cars and tires were awesome, as well as the drivers. We have worked hard on the equipment to give the drivers the best possible chance. All the CRC drivers did a great job.

I'd like to thank Oscar at Orion for putting great power in Rheinard's and Hupo's car. Thanks to GM for the power in Markus Mober's 3rd place machine.

I understand race management at the event was top notch, thanks to that crew for what looks to be a great venue for the event. Excellent track, well run event.

Lastly, thanks to our European team manager, Robert Bachofner. He is the glue that holds it all together in Europe. During big events like the Euros, he doesn't sleep or eat.... non stop working on cars, helping drivers and promoting, not only CRC, but 1/12th scale in general. Awesome job Robert!

Frank Calandra Jr.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:08 AM   #78
Tech Apprentice

But the Associated 12i didn´t have real suspension just some slotted chassis.
Nicknamed the wobbly by some.
The 12iS with real suspension was released after the C-car.
Associated did have the sliding pillar at the same time but the 12i won and that was released first, followed a few months later by the 12iS.

The AE 12is was...uh...a short lived experiment.
Are you thinking of their mono-shock front end? That was a turkey.
Also your picture is of the SPC (Saddle Pack C-Car) which came out much later. The also had a B-car which had a beam front end and Corally borrowed that idea as well

The Lexan cars were all designed around running on floors with silicone coated tyres.

Congrats to CRC on their first European Championships, refreshing to see something different for a change.

Yes, I am an old git - can't you see by the picture
Frank N. Furter is offline   Reply With Quote