Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone using the new Futaba 3PK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Display

I know of 4 people (including myself) who run the 3PK..only one of us have had 'display shutdown'..[radio still works (transmits signal) you just cant see any adjustments you wish to make...]

3 of us all bought ours from the LHS...the fourth, which experienced 'display shutdown' , i don't know yet where it originated..will ask him to see, i do know he does have ties 'overseas' though...interesting...
Old 02-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
display contd.

furthermore, I do notice on my display whenever in warm surroundings (outdoors during a race day, or rite after unpacking my equipment from the trunk of car) there is a little 'rainbow haze' in one protion of the screen ..best seen when display is turned off....it doesn't affect the display output, everything displays correctly....and the 'haze' is not permanent..one day its ther, the next day its not...i called myself monitoring it over the course of a month, and it comes-and goes..noticing it only during the warmer part of the days that it does occur...I'm not worried though....

all-in-all, I love this radio...
Old 02-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: display contd.

Originally posted by OSherman
furthermore, I do notice on my display whenever in warm surroundings (outdoors during a race day, or rite after unpacking my equipment from the trunk of car) there is a little 'rainbow haze' in one protion of the screen ..best seen when display is turned off....it doesn't affect the display output, everything displays correctly....and the 'haze' is not permanent..one day its ther, the next day its not...i called myself monitoring it over the course of a month, and it comes-and goes..noticing it only during the warmer part of the days that it does occur...I'm not worried though....

all-in-all, I love this radio...
the LCD screen might be temperature sensitive...haven't seen that happen to mine yet...still cold up here. I'll keep an eye on it when the weather gets warmer.

Overall the radio is awesome!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

I have a question about receiver's. I'm currently using the HRS in my 8th scale with no problems, digital JR servo's. My problem arised when I tried using a older PCM receiver. The #'s on it are FP-R113iP on the case. I've gone through the radio and know how to change all the settings in mod-mode. I'm using my current crystal that came with the HRS receiver. Is the receiver I mentioned above compatible with the 3PK?
Old 02-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up FP-R113iP

Yes, you can run that recever on the 3pk.....Mine came with it.
I also have another R113iP recever that is older and it works!

I race on-road nitro and the receiver is mounted next to the fuel tank. I have had problems with the receiver/radio go into the fail-safe mode or no signal transmitted. I believe that fuel got to the receiver and cause this. So now I have it in a shrink-rap now. BEWARE of any thing getting on the receiver...it is much sensitive then other receivers!
Old 02-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Hummm, the receiver was gotten from a friend that ran oval years ago. I mean like the better part of 15 years. If it was a wide band receiver, wouldn't that affect it?? I can't get it to work with a TC2 that worked before I put the PCM reciever in.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally posted by BOLISARIO
I'm thinking about getting a 75mhz PCM 3PK. I currently have an R1(for a few years now) and I'm getting tired of the 1.5-2 hrs of battery time i'm getting from it. I was wondering, if I make the switch, will I have to change the servos and other electronics(I have a Hitec steering servo with JR connectors, JR throttle servo, and 1100mah Rx pack) to accomodate the Futaba Rx?

What runtimes are you getting from 1800-2000mah(8cells)?

How's the whole quality and durability of the radio? No persistent LCD problems?

Is $265 a good price for a 3PK with PCM receiver?

Thanks
Can anyone help me? Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

One thing for sure about the battery runtime, it's super lasting.... I can go for 2 full race days without charging, 3 x 7mins heats and 45mins main per day. On top of that, there's about an hour of practice rounds.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I'm thinking about getting a 75mhz PCM 3PK. I currently have an R1(for a few years now) and I'm getting tired of the 1.5-2 hrs of battery time i'm getting from it. I was wondering, if I make the switch, will I have to change the servos and other electronics(I have a Hitec steering servo with JR connectors, JR throttle servo, and 1100mah Rx pack) to accomodate the Futaba Rx?

What runtimes are you getting from 1800-2000mah(8cells)?

How's the whole quality and durability of the radio? No persistent LCD problems?

Is $265 a good price for a 3PK with PCM receiver?

Thanks
The R-1 is a battery eating radio.....
I have too gone a whole race day with my 3pk with out charging it!! I'm using 1800mah on my 3pk and it seem to be just fine.

I keep my 3pk in a case when not in use on the pit-table and have no problems with the LCD screen.

$265 is a good price for the 3pk.....thats about how much i got mine for!
Old 02-13-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Second on the price. I have run the stock 700 mah pack for both classes with put a hitch. (3) 5 min qualifier and a main plus the (3) 8 min quilifier and main for 1/12. 2.5+ hrs on the display. I also have a 1500 mah pack I use to use in my 3PJS. Overall I love the radio. No display problems for me either.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback. Can I still use my hitec(JR connectors) and JR servos and Rx pack? Or does that have to change?
Old 02-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback. Can I still use my hitec(JR connectors) and JR servos and Rx pack? Or does that have to change?
YEAH SURE!
I'm using a JR servo on mine!!
Old 02-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

PCM & FM (PPM) yes. HRS, you need a digital servo and 6.0 volts. That is noted in the manual. FYI manual is online on the futaba site.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation HRS

Thats correct...HRS needs a digital servo.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:40 AM
che
Tech Regular

Where are you guys finding them locally for $265?
(US Magnum branded, not Megatech labelled) ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.