Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone using the new Futaba 3PK?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default 3PK Transmitter

Ilaybrk;

The Transmitter is the SAME. It adjusts electronicly for whatever receiver you are using and can be different for each vehicle. The Receiver is the only thing that physically changes.

The FULL 3PK manual is on the Futaba USA Web-Site for Downloading.

Futaba Website
Old 12-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Misunderstood

Originally posted by popsracer
Manticore;

Sorry I didn't mean the box (tray) for clip in batteries. I meant the Cavity where the batteries go. For my 3PDF, I built a 8 side by side pack from 1600 mah NiMh's and used Double stick tape to hold it in.

There was some other Guy looking for a 9 cell pack for his Airtronics radio. Do you know what brand the pack is made by?

Thanks,
yes the space in the battery compartment is able to hold 9 cells in the 3PK

for M8, you need to build a 3x3x3 pack and you need to mod the TX for a connector to the 9 cell pack.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

Hi ! I just started using my new 3PK today! I like it!

It is very fast even a lot faster than my KO Mars and it works just fine with my KO PDS-2123 FET (7.2 v) Servo.

I has a similar feeling compare to M8 (trottle and steering).

Old 12-09-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want to increase the duration of your Tx pack, get cells with high mah ratings. Do not use 9 cells!! 9 cell packs can cause your Tx to interfere with other cars on the track.

I'm guessing that someone was using 9 cells in their Tx at my track this weekend. During the practice session, my car was consistently glitching in front of the drivers stand. I had no problems at the far ends of the track, or during the race.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't think 9cell packs will cause any problems. when only thing concerned is voltage and capacity. I ask a electrical engineer..volts is volts..whether its 8cell or 9cell.

I've been using 9cells for the last 5years...and no at my track ever complained of glitching..
Old 12-09-2002, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by underdog
If you want to increase the duration of your Tx pack, get cells with high mah ratings. Do not use 9 cells!! 9 cell packs can cause your Tx to interfere with other cars on the track.

I'm guessing that someone was using 9 cells in their Tx at my track this weekend. During the practice session, my car was consistently glitching in front of the drivers stand. I had no problems at the far ends of the track, or during the race.
I think this guy got his idea from HPI forum ?
Old 12-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Manticore: tell me.......your ID; does it reference: Emerson Lake & Palmer. The animal that slays Tarkus on the album 'Tarkus'. Also; after Atlantic, They started their own record label called 'Manticore'.

Last edited by AGR#7; 12-09-2002 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Adding cells to a pack increases the packs voltage. However, your post does remind me that you guys are probably taking about replacing the 8 cell alkaline pack with a 9 cell NiCd or NiMH pack which would be alright. As long as the replacement pack doesn't have more voltage than the original it should be O.K.

rc-zombies,
That must be a world record going 5 years without anyone complaining about glitching. Most tracks over here have someone complaining every week.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by underdog
rc-zombies,
That must be a world record going 5 years without anyone complaining about glitching. Most tracks over here have someone complaining every week.
....when I'm on the track with 9cells..no other cars glitches.... but othertime when I'm off...there are still a few that have glitching problems. This is probably due to the fast the track is across the street from a police station with lots of radio antennas everywhere.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AGR#7
Manticore: tell me.......your ID; does it reference: Emerson Lake & Palmer. The animal that slays Tarkus on the album 'Tarkus'. Also; after Atlantic, They started their own record label called 'Manticore'.
Its not an animal. It is a monster, mean and nasty.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

I used 9 cells for my 3PK and have no glitching problem or what so ever. The only problem that I have is taking the steering wheel apart and the spring flew out on me. It took me 15minutes to figure out how to put it back and that was painful.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

yea..me too...I had problems changing steering wheel configuration going to the lower position. Cable is a little short. had to use needlenose pliers to get the cables back together.
Other than that the radio is awesome and well balanced.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

finally got my radio set up with 2 different models (cars)...TC3 w/ HRS reciever (HRS signal), CS RocketMax speedo and HiTec dig servo--> hassle free, set-up was a breeze...interesting point, the 3PK found a different center point on my servo than what my Lynx3D did...now i have to remove servo and reposition horn...I wonder whose "center-ponit" is rite...

F201, first attempt with HiTec DCX reciever (PPM signal), Mtronics M3 speedo and Airtronics fast/torquey (but not digital) servo--> center point was same as that my Lynx3D registered, speedo caused a nasty glitch on throttle.. second attempt all previous equiment except with NOVAK TC2 speedo,..hassle free...

I am very pleased with my 3PK...

next car to be set will be with a NOVAK XXL reciver...
Old 12-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

3pk question
pardon me if i sound like a newbie, but i haven't heard of anyone where i race using 9 cells on their tx. what exactly will a 9 cell do better than an 8 cell pack? if it'll perform better, then why didn't futaba come out with 9 cells instead of an 8 cell pack on their 3pk.

another thing is, would you guys know if futaba has any battery tray out there to fit in the 3pk?

until recently i was using a mars ex1 limited. the 3pk with the hrs rx does feel faster. am using a ko 2143 and a gt7 with no problems at all.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

9 cells just last longer than 8 cells. One thing that you need to remember, never turn on the transmitter when the pack is finish charging. Just let it cool down a bit first before turning it on. This is because you might fry the display screen.

8 Cells tray is same as 3PJ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.