R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2002, 05:01 PM   #16
Tech Master

Since it sounds like most of the people replying to this thread are racers with some experience, I thought you might find this kind of interesting. At the carpet nat's in Stockton CA this year, I was pitting next to the Integy team and some 1/12 scale guys from the midwest. All of them are a or b main caliber drivers in an event like that. Anyways, we were having this very same discussion and I was surprised to hear most of them agree that it is 80% car, 20% driver. We didn't really get into car setup vs equipment (like batteries, motor, etc.) This was my first national event and I learned a lot about being fast from that experience. For those of you that have never participated in an event like that, I recommend it highly. It's quite humbling when you bring all your club level skills to a national event and see how you really stack up. After you pick your jaw off the drivers stand, you really want to go find out how those guys are so friggin fast! I'm not completely convinced that it really is 80% car 20% driver, but I'm convinced it's slanted in the direction.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #17
Tech Elite
Default Percenteges

Take YOUR Car and put it in the Hands of a more experienced Driver. Want to bet he can lay down the smack better than any one of us. That's why just copying a PRO's set-up won't make your car/laps as fast as his.
I've watched Chris Tossilini drive his Yoko GT4 on a WET track (Rain night before) faster than most of us could drive on a DRY surface. I have also seen Jukka Steenari in practice at So Cal Raceway. He could turn 3 laps for everyone elses 2 laps. No lie, I is utterly astonding how fast these guys are when on a track with other AVERAGE racers.

Last edited by popsracer; 12-04-2002 at 06:53 PM.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote