Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB 4200's - assemble with which battery bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Oh, I didn't realize you're in Tulsa(do I know you? Have you been to Adams Creek Raceway?). If you haven't been there, stop on by Sat. evening & look me up(I'm easy to spot, always wearing OSU stuff & I have a dyno & laptop at my pit spot, & my cars are white, orange & black, ), & I can answer quations a lot more easily & show you some of the stuff that's available.....
Hey Grizz, I remember you. I've only been out there once, but it only took that one time to get me hooked. I was there about 3-4 weeks ago w/a friend of mine (he's got a XXX-S RTR he's playing with). You might remember me b'c I was asking you a bunch of questions from time to time. You ran the dyno for me and explained what all the data meant. I'm 6'4" and most likely had my green cowboy hat on if that helps jog your memory.

Anyhow, after seeing your TC4, that's what I ended out with. I've been asking questions and such since to try and get my setup put together.

I'm not sure if I'll be out there tonight or not as I've got a friend of mine coming in town, plus I'm still not quite ready to race. I'm still missing a few items, need to put battery packs together, etc.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

99% of the battery bars you buy have copper in the center, with a slim coat of either silver, gold, or platinum.. As ive said before on other threads, it doenst matter the coating..I personally like use pure copper bars or pure silver bars..

Go to a jewlery store.. you can buy them as sticks as thin as a battery bar.. cut them to size and go.. i dont do this now because hyperform solders my packs for me..but i havent noticed a difference with there bars compared to my old ones...
Old 02-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Rookie

I use orion platinum bars, they have always worked well for me